• 180(current)
Release Aeon Nox 5
(2015-01-24, 01:26)Steveb Wrote: No probs, I just made some adjustments and updated the link. Just missing some tvshow info now but phil65 will no doubt get to that soon enough. Wink
If you can think of any more improvements or find some bugs, let me know. Smile

Just installed, I'll let you know if I find any bugs
Hi all, I'm a fan of more vs less when it comes to the OSD display and the pause screens in a skin. I think the AN5 LiveTV OSD is just about perfect, and would love to migrate that format across to the videoOSD. Has anyone else attempted this, or is there a mod out there that I'm missing? I figured I'd ask so I'm not reinventing the wheel.

Thanks in advance!
(2015-01-24, 04:54)deletedpenguin Wrote: Hi all, I'm a fan of more vs less when it comes to the OSD display and the pause screens in a skin. I think the AN5 LiveTV OSD is just about perfect, and would love to migrate that format across to the videoOSD. Has anyone else attempted this, or is there a mod out there that I'm missing? I figured I'd ask so I'm not reinventing the wheel.

Thanks in advance!

Is this what you are looking for?

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=208295
(2015-01-24, 05:15)Edworld Wrote:
(2015-01-24, 04:54)deletedpenguin Wrote: Hi all, I'm a fan of more vs less when it comes to the OSD display and the pause screens in a skin. I think the AN5 LiveTV OSD is just about perfect, and would love to migrate that format across to the videoOSD. Has anyone else attempted this, or is there a mod out there that I'm missing? I figured I'd ask so I'm not reinventing the wheel.

Thanks in advance!

Is this what you are looking for?

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=208295

Similar, yes. While that seems to have the content I'm looking to display, I was wanting to replicate the LiveTV OSD for my video library OSD. Thanks for the heads up on that though - hadn't seen it.
(2015-01-23, 23:37)Steveb Wrote:
(2015-01-23, 19:01)distracto Wrote: I was wondering why the trailer button opens the youtube plugin? if i remember correctly, there used to be an option to stream trailers from HDTrailers.net. Perhaps this is a helix thing?

Right now the trailer button just takes me to the default youtube page, whether or not i have logged into youtube.

I would prefer if the trailer button simply started the trailer. Do i need to have the trailer stored locally now or am i missing something?

If you have scraped the trailer using movie db it should just play the trailer, youtube or hdtrailers if you have prefer hdtrailer(480/720/1080) option set and is available. If not it falls back to the youtube plugin search, but that has changed recently so you will have to mod DialogVideoInfo.xml to reflect the changes. Search for the trailer button onclick action and change to something like this..

<onclick>ActivateWindow(videos,plugin://plugin.video.youtube/kodion/search/query/?q=$ESCINFO[ListItem.Label] $LOCALIZE[20410],return)</onclick>

Thanks for the reply, i cannot remember where to find the settings for default resolution of the trailer? I feel i have looked everywhere in the settings, i am getting rather frustrated. i recall there was an option at one point to "prefer trailers from HDTrailers.net " and then a choice of resolutions. Is this gone in Helix?

i have no local trailers, so none have been scraped.
(2015-01-24, 08:19)distracto Wrote:
(2015-01-23, 23:37)Steveb Wrote:
(2015-01-23, 19:01)distracto Wrote: I was wondering why the trailer button opens the youtube plugin? if i remember correctly, there used to be an option to stream trailers from HDTrailers.net. Perhaps this is a helix thing?

Right now the trailer button just takes me to the default youtube page, whether or not i have logged into youtube.

I would prefer if the trailer button simply started the trailer. Do i need to have the trailer stored locally now or am i missing something?

If you have scraped the trailer using movie db it should just play the trailer, youtube or hdtrailers if you have prefer hdtrailer(480/720/1080) option set and is available. If not it falls back to the youtube plugin search, but that has changed recently so you will have to mod DialogVideoInfo.xml to reflect the changes. Search for the trailer button onclick action and change to something like this..

<onclick>ActivateWindow(videos,plugin://plugin.video.youtube/kodion/search/query/?q=$ESCINFO[ListItem.Label] $LOCALIZE[20410],return)</onclick>

Thanks for the reply, i cannot remember where to find the settings for default resolution of the trailer? I feel i have looked everywhere in the settings, i am getting rather frustrated. i recall there was an option at one point to "prefer trailers from HDTrailers.net " and then a choice of resolutions. Is this gone in Helix?

i have no local trailers, so none have been scraped.

The settings are located where you set-up the source for your movies. e.g.. edit source>select 'The movie db' and there should be a settings button where you can enable fanart, trailer, prefer trailers from HDTrailers.net, lang....
I have no local trailers, it just scrapes the URL to the db. So when you select trailer it just plays and away you go. Smile
The mod for extended info script is now included in skin. Thx Steveb!
(2015-01-16, 17:02)Steveb Wrote: The credit for the design of this view comes from (Jeroen's-reFocus). A great skin! So I thought i'd Nox5 it.Smile
The video view (movies/tvshows/episodes) is (landscape -> fanart/logo -> fanart/thumb).
Music view is Artists/albums..

Can't be f#@!*^ posting the music views, but you get the drift.

Big_List

Install info.

1. Add the modded xml to the includes.xml.
<include file="View_500_Wall.xml" />
<include file="View_501_LowList.xml" />
<include file="View_502_Episode.xml" />
<include file="View_510_BigList.xml" />

2. Add the view id and include name to the MyVideoNav.xml.
<views>50,51,52,53,55,507,56,57,58,510,59,500,501,502</views>
<include>VideoLowList</include>
<!-- view id = 501 -->
<include>VideoEpisode</include>
<!-- view id = 502 -->
<include>View_510_BigList</include>
<!-- view id = 510 -->

3. Add the view id and include name to the MyMusicNav.xml.
<views>50,51,52,54,55,57,508,500,501,510</views>
<include>MusicWall</include>
<!-- view id = 500 -->
<include>MusicLowList</include>
<!-- view id = 501 -->
<include>View_510_BigList</include>
<!-- view id = 510 -->

EDIT: Fix typo (main view include name).
EDIT: Added install info
EDIT: Small info color update.

Added to skin - thx!
Hi there,

Since upgrading to Kodi my season thumbs are no longer previewing on the Showcase view of a TV series.

I was just wondering if this is a known issue and if there's anything I can do to resolve this? The season thumbs are definitely there as when I select choose artwork and scroll down to the season poster, the image is there.

Any help would be much appreciated. Many thanks.
(2015-01-24, 10:34)BigNoid Wrote: The mod for extended info script is now included in skin. Thx Steveb!

No probs mate, glad you liked it enough to add. Nod
Great skin! It's got my vote.
Cheers
Steve
(2015-01-24, 10:34)BigNoid Wrote: The mod for extended info script is now included in skin. Thx Steveb!

Just to be clear, on a fresh install we wouldn't have to install extendedinfo add-on as it is included in Aeon Nox 5.5.7 (git for now)?
I'm trying to add music to here and I'm running into a few issues. First when I click on music it takes me to a menu that lets me select the folder with my music or add another folder. How do I get it to go directlyto my music? Second how do I get logo view like what I have in movies? Is it possible or is it not available in the music section?
Nice job. After several years on Ubuntu/XBMC/Aeon Nox I decided it was time to upgrade. I did a fresh install, from scratch, using the latest KODIbuntu ISO. Then I added Aeon Nox. I find the new configuration utility, for configuring the action bar (or whatever it's called) pretty nice. It's been working extremely well and I quickly brought my system back to the look and feel that I'm used to.

One ?issue?. I don't know if it was an add-on that I've missed or a design change... In my movies I use "InfoWall". Previously, across the bottom, I got details on the Codecs (Audio and Video) as well as resolution. I found this very helpful. What is that called? Do I need to do something to re-enable it or was it a feature that was removed in the redesign?

Thank you. Excellent work.
(2015-01-27, 04:46)Tatts4Life Wrote: I'm trying to add music to here and I'm running into a few issues. First when I click on music it takes me to a menu that lets me select the folder with my music or add another folder. How do I get it to go directlyto my music? Second how do I get logo view like what I have in movies? Is it possible or is it not available in the music section?

Change to Library mode in the left panel.

No logo mode for music.

(2015-01-27, 06:00)Just4Fun20 Wrote: Nice job. After several years on Ubuntu/XBMC/Aeon Nox I decided it was time to upgrade. I did a fresh install, from scratch, using the latest KODIbuntu ISO. Then I added Aeon Nox. I find the new configuration utility, for configuring the action bar (or whatever it's called) pretty nice. It's been working extremely well and I quickly brought my system back to the look and feel that I'm used to.

One ?issue?. I don't know if it was an add-on that I've missed or a design change... In my movies I use "InfoWall". Previously, across the bottom, I got details on the Codecs (Audio and Video) as well as resolution. I found this very helpful. What is that called? Do I need to do something to re-enable it or was it a feature that was removed in the redesign?

Thank you. Excellent work.

There are no longer any flags in Infowall view, but many other do have flags. Press Info and the flags can be found in the Video Info screen.
Tongue 
(2015-01-26, 18:01)choekstr Wrote:

Just to be clear, on a fresh install we wouldn't have to install extendedinfo add-on as it is included in Aeon Nox 5.5.7 (git for now)?

Looks like it changes from a vertical list of actors to a horizontal list in 5.5.8 git but no extendedinfo when you press down without extendedinfo mod installed. Guess I answered my own question. Wink
  • 180(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox 537