• 232(current)
Release Aeon Nox 5
Hi Gents, Im scouring the internet like a mad thing looking for a way to do this but cant find a simple answer so figured this would be the best place to ask the question.

I want to know how I can either simply replace the sub-menu item labels of one of the home screen items with Icons instead of labels or if anyone can point me at the code that would need to be changed to get this right?

I would like to end up with one of my menu items labelled "APPS" having small icons in the sub-menu that will launch android apps from the android OS that Kodi is running on.

Anyone's help will be massively appreciated.
Question 
I hope this is where need to be for this...I am using Aeon Nox 5 from the Kodi Repository...and the current Jarvis. I really love the customizability of this skin. I DO have a question though...

Is it possible to display on one (1) menu item? The choices I have are 5 Items, 3 Items, or Icons. I would like to have a choice for 1 Item. Is this possible? and where would I make the changes?

Huh
I'm not in front of my HTPC but I think if you go into Skin Settings > Home Menu you could try de-activating all the menu items you don't want, leaving just the one you do want.

Worth a shot...
Matrix 19.x (LE), Aeon Nox SiLVO, NUC8i5BEK (i5-8259U, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655, 16 GB ram, 128 GB M.2 SSD)
Samsung F6300 46" LED LCD TV, SMSL Q5 Pro amplifier, Pioneer HPM-100 speakers
Synology DS215j NAS fileserver (WD Gold 10TB x 2)
Question 
Thanx! That will work but it won't solve my problem. I want to keep ALL my menu items but have only one(1) visible at a time. I have seen screen shots of third-party builds that seem to have accomplished this. I just can't figure out how. My skin setting page shows only 3, 5, or icons as possible configurations. Huh.
Hello, I am trying to figure a couple of thing out on this menu. firs off. i have went through the tutorial on how to edit the variables.xml and replace it and the others in the zip. it worked for the most part. but when i set up my widget custom link to library://video/tvshows/titles.xml it has the lineup there and when hovered over shows information to the side as well as the picture, but all the selections are blank in the panel. i have tried the extended script method both from repo and via zip. no go. so i decided to just use specto fork to do a similar thing. i set up favourite tv shows with my favs and tried to direct my widget to aim there. i had success at this way. somewhere in the night my box shut down and lost it. I forgot what i had put as that widget link and been surfing the web non stop to find it. what is specto forks pattern for aiming the widget at favourite movies/ or shows. also if you can drop some insight on why my panel was black boxesHuh ps. the other panel views such as most popular, most voted...etc worked just fine. just my tv shows in library is giving the problem. Thanks in advance..
(2016-09-14, 06:57)Chrisdww1 Wrote: Hello, I am trying to figure a couple of thing out on this menu. firs off. i have went through the tutorial on how to edit the variables.xml and replace it and the others in the zip. it worked for the most part. but when i set up my widget custom link to library://video/tvshows/titles.xml it has the lineup there and when hovered over shows information to the side as well as the picture, but all the selections are blank in the panel. i have tried the extended script method both from repo and via zip. no go. so i decided to just use specto fork to do a similar thing. i set up favourite tv shows with my favs and tried to direct my widget to aim there. i had success at this way. somewhere in the night my box shut down and lost it. I forgot what i had put as that widget link and been surfing the web non stop to find it. what is specto forks pattern for aiming the widget at favourite movies/ or shows. also if you can drop some insight on why my panel was black boxesHuh ps. the other panel views such as most popular, most voted...etc worked just fine. just my tv shows in library is giving the problem. Thanks in advance..
Having a hard time following what the H-E- double hockey sticks you are talking about...

What tutorial? Why replace variables.xml? What is Specto?
Huh

I'm going to assume you need to read the forum rules (wiki) and check the banned add-ons (wiki) before posting again Wink
quote='mikeSiLVO' pid='2414714' dateline='1473829781']
(2016-09-14, 06:57)Chrisdww1 Wrote: Hello, I am trying to figure a couple of thing out on this menu. firs off. i have went through the tutorial on how to edit the variables.xml and replace it and the others in the zip. it worked for the most part. but when i set up my widget custom link to library://video/tvshows/titles.xml it has the lineup there and when hovered over shows information to the side as well as the picture, but all the selections are blank in the panel. i have tried the extended script method both from repo and via zip. no go. so i decided to just use specto fork to do a similar thing. i set up favourite tv shows with my favs and tried to direct my widget to aim there. i had success at this way. somewhere in the night my box shut down and lost it. I forgot what i had put as that widget link and been surfing the web non stop to find it. what is specto forks pattern for aiming the widget at favourite movies/ or shows. also if you can drop some insight on why my panel was black boxesHuh ps. the other panel views such as most popular, most voted...etc worked just fine. just my tv shows in library is giving the problem. Thanks in advance..
Having a hard time following what the H-E- double hockey sticks you are talking about...

What tutorial? Why replace variables.xml? What is Specto?
Huh

I'm going to assume you need to read the forum rules (wiki) and check the banned add-ons (wiki) before posting again Wink
[/quote]

Ok I see now. so lets forget the addon references. in aeon nox 5, I am trying to get a panel view to show my tv shows library(when the tv shows tab is highlighted.. when I use this address as my widget, (library://video/tvshows/titles.xml) the panel views show up, but they are blacked out. My programs panel shows up just fine. My video addons show up just fine..etc, when the tab is highlighted accordingly. when I aim the widget toward lets just say, a video addon's "most popular" it will show up as well. For some reason, my library panel has black boxes, but when you highlight one of the selections, its picture of the movie shows up on the left side of the screen with its info. here are 2 images that don't show addon information. I don't think it is against the rules but let me know.
i duplicated my previous reply and forum wouldn't let me delete is. (reason for this message)
(2016-09-14, 22:27)Chrisdww1 Wrote: Ok I see now. so lets forget the addon references. in aeon nox 5, I am trying to get a panel view to show my tv shows library(when the tv shows tab is highlighted.. when I use this address as my widget, (library://video/tvshows/titles.xml) the panel views show up, but they are blacked out. My programs panel shows up just fine. My video addons show up just fine..etc, when the tab is highlighted accordingly. when I aim the widget toward lets just say, a video addon's "most popular" it will show up as well. For some reason, my library panel has black boxes, but when you highlight one of the selections, its picture of the movie shows up on the left side of the screen with its info. here are 2 images that don't show addon information. I don't think it is against the rules but let me know.
You haven't really provided much info so I will have to guess that your TV show titles Widget is blank because you are using streaming add-ons and you have no actual TV shows in your library.

I do not see any images.
(2016-09-15, 19:31)mikeSiLVO Wrote:
(2016-09-14, 22:27)Chrisdww1 Wrote: Ok I see now. so lets forget the addon references. in aeon nox 5, I am trying to get a panel view to show my tv shows library(when the tv shows tab is highlighted.. when I use this address as my widget, (library://video/tvshows/titles.xml) the panel views show up, but they are blacked out. My programs panel shows up just fine. My video addons show up just fine..etc, when the tab is highlighted accordingly. when I aim the widget toward lets just say, a video addon's "most popular" it will show up as well. For some reason, my library panel has black boxes, but when you highlight one of the selections, its picture of the movie shows up on the left side of the screen with its info. here are 2 images that don't show addon information. I don't think it is against the rules but let me know.
You haven't really provided much info so I will have to guess that your TV show titles Widget is blank because you are using streaming add-ons and you have no actual TV shows in your library.

I do not see any images.

I understand now. thanks Mike.
Where can I find the Aoen Nox folder?

I have installed SPMC on my Nvidia Shield. I installed Aoen Nox and like to edit the home.xml (for advanced Wakeonlan), but it is not possible to find the folder of this skin.
Other skins I installed (e.g. Mimic) I find on the device but not this one.

Who can help me?
I want to move the infoline of TV show and movies a little more to the right. They know which file you have to modify?
Ok, I found the home.xml but it looks different from other skins. I would like to add a script when activting a window:

<onclick>RunScript("script.advanced.wol",ActivateWindow(Videos,MovieTitles,return),True)</onclick>

But I dont know where to add this line?
(2016-09-18, 09:38)sylvio2000 Wrote: Ok, I found the home.xml but it looks different from other skins. I would like to add a script when activting a window:

<onclick>RunScript("script.advanced.wol",ActivateWindow(Videos,MovieTitles,return),True)</onclick>

But I dont know where to add this line?

What are you trying to do?
There may be an easier solution.
I just want to wakeup my server if I open e.g. "movies"
  • 232(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox 537