• 2(current)
Android HOW-TO Configure Advanced Launcher and Rom Collection Browser for emulators
Will this ever be automated? I mean, there are lot of people now running android especially with Gotham so it would be ncie if RCB would 'detect' which OS the system is running and modify use the 'correct' configs(?)
As a start here is a new version that makes all the code changes in RCB obsolete.

I will see if I can add some more support to the emulator configuration.
Hi,

On Ouya with SBMC/XBMC I get "cannot create backup" and "cannot create launchers.xml file"

This is with a factory install, unrooted. I have also tried rooted and it's the same. Tried on two different Ouyas and got the same result!

Can't understand what I am doing wrong, here!
anyone know how to set either advanced launcher or rom collection browser up for just a android app (not emulator) example netflix,hulu + ect?
(2014-04-17, 04:56)scilz Wrote: anyone know how to set either advanced launcher or rom collection browser up for just a android app (not emulator) example netflix,hulu + ect?

Use Advanced Launcher... the arg you are looking for would be this for Netflix:

Code:
start -n com.netflix.mediaclient/.UIWebViewActivity -a android.intent.action.MAIN -c android.intent.category.LAUNCHER

I don't have hulu so I don't know what to tell you about that other than send me a logcat of you launching it and I should be able to tell you what to put in.
thank you that should help me.
This is most likely a stupid question, but when I try t add the emulator path, I cannot locate the emulator file? Does xbmc not have access to the data file?
Can't wait for Android XBMC set top boxes to be more mature. Imagine a $100 XBMC box with media, every emulator, live TV, etc. We're so close. It's too bad new android hardware isn't as easy to work with as it should be,
I feel like the Amazon Fire TV is pretty close to being ready for primetime.
(2014-04-19, 05:28)bradwatson Wrote: I feel like the Amazon Fire TV is pretty close to being ready for primetime.

Almost. We're SO close like I said (And like you agree with your "pretty close").

It's really surprising actually that there haven't been amazing Android Set Top Boxes for awhile now.

You would think there would be a group by now that would be able to do it.
(2014-04-18, 22:47)Kitcloudkicker Wrote: This is most likely a stupid question, but when I try t add the emulator path, I cannot locate the emulator file? Does xbmc not have access to the data file?

Location is either /system/bin/am ( for non-root ) or /system/bin/su ( for root.. alternative location could be /system/xbin/su )

Quote:Can't wait for Android XBMC set top boxes to be more mature. Imagine a $100 XBMC box with media, every emulator, live TV, etc. We're so close. It's too bad new android hardware isn't as easy to work with as it should be,
Quote:I feel like the Amazon Fire TV is pretty close to being ready for primetime.

Well once malte merges the patch I sent for the autoconfig and pushes a test build out with autoconfig in place... RCB will be pretty straightforward then with little to no additional configuration required.

As for android set top boxes and the Amazon Fire TV I agree that the Fire TV is pretty close to perfect but I'll hold out until a little more beefier settop box comes out...
So I located /system/xbin/su but it doesn't do anything once I select it to choose the emulator? What am I missing? I'm pretty new to this and appreciate your help'
(2014-04-20, 15:48)Kitcloudkicker Wrote: So I located /system/xbin/su but it doesn't do anything once I select it to choose the emulator? What am I missing? I'm pretty new to this and appreciate your help'

If you use su the non-root commands will change slightly.

For example with PPSSPP:

Code:
-c 'am start -n org.ppsspp.ppsspp/.PpssppActivity -e org.ppsspp.ppsspp.Shortcuts "%rom%"'

basically to sum it up.. -c 'am argument'

argument being anything in the "non-root" listed commands
Does anyone have or know how to get the arguments for MAME4droid? I appreciate this thread has helped me a lot and now I'm only one emulator away from full xbmc integration.
(2014-05-08, 01:29)cdylink Wrote: Does anyone have or know how to get the arguments for MAME4droid? I appreciate this thread has helped me a lot and now I'm only one emulator away from full xbmc integration.

Currently there are no arguments for MAME4droid. Been trying to contact the developer to get them to add them in but so far no luck.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO Configure Advanced Launcher and Rom Collection Browser for emulators6