Android Logitech Harmony Remote Help
Hi,

I'm new to this forum and I recently bought a MyGica ATV 520E and I was wondering if I can program my Harmony 650 instead of the factory remote that came with it?

Thanks
P.
Set up as follow;

Device:
Select device to add ->Computer->: Media Center PC
Manufacturer:
Select Manufature: Pivos
Model:
Model: MyGica ATV 520

Warning... It will say that isn't in their database. Save it any way and then teach the harmony 650 to learn IR's from your MyGica 520 remote.
Hope thats helps.
Amazon Fire TV and Fire TV Stick 2nd Gen/ Kodi Krypton 17.6
Macbook Air 13" OSX High Sierra/Kodi Krypton 17.6

Skin: Konfluence by Schism
Testing AppleTV 4/Kodi Beta Alpha Testing
Ok thanks @Macpatto. I'll try this
I have the same unit and can confirm that if you go in via Media Centre PC you can select MyGica and then ATV520E and it finds it just fine.

BUT.

and for me it's a big but.

The stock remote doesn't have a Play, pause, stop etc etc button available so you have to tap OK, then use the menu which is a PITA, especially when you have a Harmony remote with those buttons just sitting there.

I've read elsewhere you can use the Pivos DS as a device which gives the extra buttons but I can't get them to work.

I have a cheap ($7 ebay special) MCE remote I bought to use with a RaspberryPi and I thought I would try and see if it works:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/390776490215

The answer is yes, this remote plugs in and just works, not all of the keys do anything but at least the stop and pause buttons work as do the arrows and the enter button. Sadly you need to have the USB IR adaptor.
(also it's worth noting that fast forward and rewind buttons don't seem to work).

What I'm thinking is that I could setup my Harmony remote as the MyGica unit then manually learn the extra command I want from the MCE remote then leave the USB adaptor plugged in and get all the buttons I want working.

So it's a solution, but not the ideal solution. I'd still love to get the ATV520E to directly accept commands rather than having to use the USB adaptor, if anyone has this working I'd love to know how.
(2014-03-16, 00:43)The_Hawk Wrote: I have the same unit and can confirm that if you go in via Media Centre PC you can select MyGica and then ATV520E and it finds it just fine.

BUT.

and for me it's a big but.

The stock remote doesn't have a Play, pause, stop etc etc button available so you have to tap OK, then use the menu which is a PITA, especially when you have a Harmony remote with those buttons just sitting there.

I've read elsewhere you can use the Pivos DS as a device which gives the extra buttons but I can't get them to work.

I have a cheap ($7 ebay special) MCE remote I bought to use with a RaspberryPi and I thought I would try and see if it works:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/390776490215

The answer is yes, this remote plugs in and just works, not all of the keys do anything but at least the stop and pause buttons work as do the arrows and the enter button. Sadly you need to have the USB IR adaptor.
(also it's worth noting that fast forward and rewind buttons don't seem to work).

What I'm thinking is that I could setup my Harmony remote as the MyGica unit then manually learn the extra command I want from the MCE remote then leave the USB adaptor plugged in and get all the buttons I want working.

So it's a solution, but not the ideal solution. I'd still love to get the ATV520E to directly accept commands rather than having to use the USB adaptor, if anyone has this working I'd love to know how.

Another option to try would be Flirc
You can pre program the flirc receiver on your pc.
I have flirc too, essentially the same sort of thing (just programmable).

The issue I have had with flirc (and I'm currently using that on a Raspberry Pi) is that I can't get it to work with sustained button presses to scroll, it only seems to register single button presses.
Yes flirc works ...
Select the Pivos, my Harmony 650 & 300 work with it including play stop pause etc

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Logitech Harmony Remote Help0