Icon Overlays brainstorming
maybe the background shouldnt be grey then!
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Quote:maybe the background shouldnt be grey then!

:d

changing that will affect the whole skin!
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

yes, but the current pm3 skin (as dark and depressing as it is) should not be used as a reason to *not* implement something.
(kraqh3d @ mar. 06 2006,17:45 Wrote:yes, but the current pm3 skin (as dark and depressing as it is) should not be used as a reason to *not* implement something.
agreed, there are enough colors that look very good on grey/darker surfaces.. so that's not really an argument, infact it's one of the few good things to get users quickly notice that there is something diffrent about the files when they use listmode.. since images are probably going to be to small to notice in the first place.

edit: i'm just imaging how this all is gonna look, with all those colors..like a rainbow,.. maybe we could do something with a coloroud dot or something else before the text, and keep the text the way it is.. white.

a=00ff00
b=ae00ff
c=00baff
d=bdcb6c
e=756ccb
f=85f83f

(smokehead @ mar. 06 2006,13:41 Wrote:edit: i'm just imaging how this all is gonna look, with all those colors..like a rainbow,.. maybe we could do something with a coloroud dot or something else before the text, and keep the text the way it is.. white.
im sure the vast majority of filenames will continure to be in white.
but i can see a locked share being a pale red or a file in the playlist in light cyan.

it can be made pretty subtle and has the advantage of working in list view (which i think is probably the most popular view).

agreed if in list view (or better the filemanager), but one has to ask... perhaps a desktop like interface w drop down menu... perhaps 5 colors stored in settings once set:
locked directories: color1 color2 etc.
archives: c1 c2 etc
etc etc.

but should it be skin or system regulated & if skin regulated how the hell to control it.
i like this color idea. then we dont need icon overlay in listview.

sollie.
how about if the colour is only visible on the currently highlighted item, that way you dont end up with your lists looking like a rainbow.
is there support for multiple overlays per icon? if so coloured list entries really wont help. also highlight/overlay conflicts could make things confusing for new users

perhaps it would be possible to tack on the overlay to the right of the thumbnail?

[1] [5] [6] listcontrol entry text

where 1 = thumb, and 5/6 = overlay icons
deleted!

xbmc does not like some png files i used for overlays and went bananas!

is this feature addition still alive?
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Icon Overlays brainstorming0