Bug Episodes with no name errrors
When scraping show episodes that don't have a name but are called 'Episode 1', 'Episode 2' etc they are duplicated in the information window for some reason and the resulting xml files show the information being duplicated twice as well, throwing out scraper apps.

Confused
Please upload a screenshot of episode folder.
(2014-01-20, 17:57)DanCooper Wrote: Please upload a screenshot of episode folder.

there is nothing wrong with the episode folder though. it is only the xml of the episode files that are wrong.
That's not possible. ;-)
Please upload a screenshot.
(2014-01-20, 18:14)DanCooper Wrote: That's not possible. ;-)
Please upload a screenshot.

Definitely is!

I have included a screenshot of just one of the problem shows and a sample xml too.

thanks @DanCooper

Problem
Please check the source before reporting bugs http://thetvdb.com/?tab=season&seriesid=...4151&lid=7
Correct the info on TMDB and Ember is happy again Smile
(2014-01-20, 18:57)T-bird_se Wrote: Please check the source before reporting bugs http://thetvdb.com/?tab=season&seriesid=...4151&lid=7

Sorry don't understand what you actually mean. Thanks for trying to input but there is nothing wrong with the TVDB. thanks The original problem still stands.
Thx T-bird_se :-)
(2014-01-20, 19:03)bornsurvivor Wrote:
(2014-01-20, 18:57)T-bird_se Wrote: Please check the source before reporting bugs http://thetvdb.com/?tab=season&seriesid=...4151&lid=7

Sorry don't understand what you actually mean. Thanks for trying to input but there is nothing wrong with the TVDB. thanks The original problem still stands.

If the EP names on TVDB is "Episode 1" and so on, what do you expect Ember to do?
Ember find a name and use it, if you not happy with that you have to sign up to TVDB and correct the information or wait for somebody else to do it, that's the way it works

Edit: And for the duplicated entry you have to show a screen shot of the folder structure and not how it looks in Ember, otherwise no one can help you
(2014-01-20, 19:44)T-bird_se Wrote:
(2014-01-20, 19:03)bornsurvivor Wrote:

If the EP names on TVDB is "Episode 1" and so on, what do you expect Ember to do?
Ember find a name and use it, if you not happy with that you have to sign up to TVDB and correct the information or wait for somebody else to do it, that's the way it works

Edit: And for the duplicated entry you have to show a screen shot of the folder structure and not how it looks in Ember, otherwise no one can help you

OK. Again you're not understanding. THE EPISODE NAMES ARE CORRECT. Episode 1 etc is what they should be. Ember has a bug. There are thousands of shows named like this. The folder structure does not need to be shown as it HAS NOTHING to do with this issue.

PLEASE DO NOT COMMENT ANYMORE on my post. thanks.
The error is due to the file name. Ember recognizes the file as a double episode.

This will be because that you have chosen a file name like this:
Blabla - S01E01 - Episode 1.avi

This is the same behavior as:
Blabla - S01E01E01

In principle, a mistake from you. You can try the TV Show regex adjusted accordingly.
(2014-01-20, 20:05)DanCooper Wrote: The error is due to the file name. Ember recognizes the file as a double episode.

This will be because that you have chosen a file name like this:
Blabla - S01E01 - Episode 1.avi

This is the same behavior as:
Blabla - S01E01E01

In principle, a mistake from you. You can try the TV Show regex adjusted accordingly.

OK. Thanks @DanCooper for finding the issue. Is there a workaround to not have that happen? an example rename or can ember be made to not see this as a double ep?
I think the best (easiest) way is to remove the episode name from filename:

Angry Boys - S01E01.avi
(2014-01-20, 20:14)DanCooper Wrote: I think the best (easiest) way is to remove the episode name from filename:

Angry Boys - S01E01.avi

THANKS! I will try that. This thread can now be closed.
btw. for this reason I wanted a screenshot. Is almost always a problem of the file name, even if nobody wants to admit ;-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Episodes with no name errrors0