Android Missing center channel audio?
I know that this has been discussed elsewhere, but has there been any sort of cause determined as to why the nightly Android builds don't seem to play nicely with multichanel audio (specifically the center channel) when using an AVR with a device like the OUYA?

Is this something that will be resolved before 13 goes feature lock? Is there something I can do now to resolve the issue?

It's a pretty much perfect experience other than this little snag.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

EDIT: I've read a bit about people with Okyo AVRs fiddling with settings... I have a Sony STR-DG1100.
The problem with multichannel audio is on the Ouya side.

From my understanding there is a handshake issue, as well as a problem with bluetooth causing issues with channel output.

With the Gotham builds and nightlies that I have tried I could never get multichannel to work. The only builds that I'm aware of that it will work is Koying's SPMC build and the official Ouya XBMC build.

This is what Koying posted on the unofficial Ouya forum.

Backreading. The main features that are in SPMC which are unlikely to be present in generic Gotham are:
- multichannel pcm
- reboot / shutdown on rooted devices

So this may extend to the nightlies as well.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I'll test the controller theory tonight and see what happens. I agree that it seems to be some sort of handshaking issue.
The best thing is to install Autopilot, from the Ouya store, and set your nightly to start on boot. If it's the controller issue then that should sort it.

Another thing you can try is if you can change the decode mode on your AVR, set it to the decode the specific audio in your video.

But like I said, I could never get multichannel to work on any of the nightlies I've tried, no pass-through, no LPCM, just stereo. Sad

You also might want to look at this thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=169774
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I need to double check my results (FOR SCIENCE!), but here's what the preliminary testing seems to have shown:

1) If you boot the OUYA with the controller enabled, not even mighty Thor will get multichannel audio working correctly... regardless of fiddling with the AVR.

2) If you boot the OUYA with the controller disabled, either via Autopilot or just having the batteries out of the OUYA controller and using a wired controller to navigate and launch XBMC, multichannel audio seems to work.

3) If you exit XMBC and re-enter, the channels get switched around until you power cycle the AVR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Missing center channel audio?0