Display port adaptor
I built an HTPC recently using the reccomendations from one of the users on this site in the sticky. The machine is nearly perfect and I'm so glad I built it (was using a laptop before) but I've noticed one issue. One or two movies have had a few seconds of slowing down and while I could live with it if I needed to I'd rather install a video card and get it resolved. My job has one that will work perfectly but it only had a display port and DVI. If I used a display port adaptor and run it to my a/v reciever would it be any different than using just an HDMI cable?
What hz you running XBMC at?
Modded MK1 NUC - CLICK ----- NUC Wiki - CLICK

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

(2014-01-21, 21:09)method115 Wrote: If I used a display port adaptor and run it to my a/v reciever would it be any different than using just an HDMI cable?
I'm using this "Cable Matters Gold Plated Mini DisplayPort (Thunderboltâ„¢ Port Compatible) to HDMI Cable in Black 10 Feet " for my Microsoft Surface Pro. It is connected to AVR, then to 56" LEDTV. It can display Blu-ray 1080P and bitstreaming DTS-HD and TrueHD audio the same way as a standard HDMI cable....
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2014-01-21, 21:31)jammyb Wrote: What hz you running XBMC at?

I'm running it at 60hz. Looks like Blueray answered the question though. Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Display port adaptor0