• 5(current)
Mod reFocus light for Raspberry Pi (Helix-update)
maybe i overlooked, but can someone post a screenshot of the new fanart view?
(2014-02-18, 06:24)treyallday Wrote: maybe i overlooked, but can someone post a screenshot of the new fanart view?

There is at least one screenshot of the new Fanart view in the gallery of the first post (picture 4 and the last one). but here is another one just for you ;-)

HTPC LibreELEC 9.0 - Xperience1080+
RPi3 LibreELEC Milhouse build - Arctic Zephyr
(2014-02-18, 12:05)freem@n Wrote:
(2014-02-18, 06:24)treyallday Wrote: maybe i overlooked, but can someone post a screenshot of the new fanart view?

There is at least one screenshot of the new Fanart view in the gallery of the first post (picture 4 and the last one). but here is another one just for you ;-)

thanks haha

love that this is for the pi
(2014-02-17, 19:54)freem@n Wrote: @ian-ep: please report what version of XBMC and which skin version you are running (12.?/13.0 alpha). In addition to that I'd like to know which device and software you are using. Everything is fine with the homescreen backgrounds over here, so the problem is most likely something with your exact setup. maybe your guisettings.xml is messed up, you could try a clean one.

I'm running Gotham 13.0-alpha12 from this thread : http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=174854 testing the Radeon OSS vdpau stuff. The machine is a Shuttle XS35V3L. Skin is the latest version of refocus light from today using 'git pull'.

I get the same result with a completely fresh guisettings.xml - all screens are fine except the homescreen. In fact after a reboot the homescreen is completely black - not even the menu shows. I have to change back to Confluence via guisettings.xml.

Fwiw RefocusBIG works fine, as does Confluence etc.

Cheers
Ian
@ian-ep: I recently deleted a lot of media files (images and stuff) to free up space (original post). maybe something got corrupted with the git pull. can you please delete the whole skin.refocus.light folder and do a fresh git clone https://github.com/freeman212/skin.refocus.light -b gotham? can you also try a "normal" XBMC Gotham build, latest nightly for example? just to be sure it's not the vdpau test build that causes the issue.
(2014-02-18, 20:06)freem@n Wrote: @ian-ep: I recently deleted a lot of media files (images and stuff) to free up space (original post). maybe something got corrupted with the git pull. can you please delete the whole skin.refocus.light folder and do a fresh git clone https://github.com/freeman212/skin.refocus.light -b gotham? can you also try a "normal" XBMC Gotham build, latest nightly for example? just to be sure it's not the vdpau test build that causes the issue.

I've done a fresh git clone and it seems to be the same: when I check 'Customize Backgrounds > Use original wallpaper' the homescreen goes black. It doesn't matter which theme I use.

I'd rather not fiddle with this installation as it's rock stable and otherwise works fine, sorry.

Cheers
Ian
(2014-02-18, 21:41)ian-ep Wrote: when I check 'Customize Backgrounds > Use original wallpaper' the homescreen goes black. It doesn't matter which theme I use.

but the default setting does work (different home screen backgrounds) or is it always black no matter how you change it? you'll have to give me more information about this issue, otherwise I can't help you at all.
Oh yes, the defaults are fine with all the background pictures - also on the home screen. Checking the 'use original wallpaper' flag correctly removes all background images and shows the theme background everywhere except the homescreen.

Ian
@ian-ep: thanks for reporting. as you described this is clearly a bug which I can hopefully fix tomorrow. I'll keep you posted Smile

EDIT: this bug is now fixed in both Gotham and Frodo versions
Has support for TV Show Next Air in the TV show menu been removed to make things snappier? I know that in ReFocus Big there would be the date of the next show for each show that was up coming when I scrolled through my TV section. Just wondering.

Thanks
yes, that's true, although I enjoy "TV Show Next Aired" on my HTPC. When you start xbmc it is loaded and everytime you enter the video library it needs to fetch airdates for all your shows. this behaviour causes too much load on the Raspberry Pi and other low-power devices in my experiemce so I removed it. hopefully you guys can live without it.
(2014-02-18, 23:04)freem@n Wrote: EDIT: this bug is now fixed in both Gotham and Frodo versions
Yes, I can confirm this is fixed. But only when changing to Refocus Light from another skin. If Refocus Light is the active skin on startup then the screen is completely black - no menus or anything. But this is perhaps a different bug ... ;-)

Cheers
Ian
@ian-ep: okay, I'll drop you a message for further investigation on this issue you're experiencing.
(2014-02-19, 16:56)freem@n Wrote: yes, that's true, although I enjoy "TV Show Next Aired" on my HTPC. When you start xbmc it is loaded and everytime you enter the video library it needs to fetch airdates for all your shows. this behaviour causes too much load on the Raspberry Pi and other low-power devices in my experiemce so I removed it. hopefully you guys can live without it.

Thanks for the update.....that's what I figured, I just wanted to make sure it wasn't me. I guess I will have to keep track of when my shows air all on my own...how dare you lol.
Today I pushed several new bugfixes and small tweaks to the Gotham branch. Navigating the Addon Library should be a bit more responsive because I've trimmed down some animations, maybe you'll notice the difference.

does anybody of you guys actually use the trakt.tv addon? As I'm using it every single day to keep track on my favorite TV Shows I felt like there should be better integration in this skin. so I threw this (new) Rating Dialog together. the trakt options are also acessible from within the Video Library on Movie/Show/Episode-level.

PS: there won't be any changes or bugfixes in the next days or so because I have to celebrate my 18th birthday Tongue
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
reFocus light for Raspberry Pi (Helix-update)8