TESTERS WANTED: Gotham UPnP library sharing testing
(2014-02-26, 01:17)Ned Scott Wrote: However, I still have XBMC clients that have no issue with any show, fanart or not. It seems all my iOS clients work all the time, but all the Android clients I have tried only list episodes for shows without fanart.

Can anyone with an Android XBMC client give this a test?

Gave these a couple tests, and not finding anything such as that

HOST OS: Windows 8.1 Pro - Alpha11 (sorry, latest margro pvr build)
CLIENT OS: Windows 7 Home SP1 Alpha12 and Android 4.3 Alpha12 (Samsung S4)

From the perspective of the HOST, were the library video files local files or were they on a network share? Technically local, but library is loaded through Server's smb:// adress with MySQL db

Did opening the "Title" node on the client take a long time? 4-5 seconds (Movies) 1 second (TV Shows). For reference I've got ~1500 movies, 34 TV Shows with around 3000 total episodes

Were you able to open a specific TV show folder from the "Title" node? Yes, browse back/forth between Show/Season/Episodes without issue

Any other details you with to share about your setup: One issue - 4 of my 34 shows were dumped into "Seasons" (as if they were a show by that name with a year of 1905). I assume there is some issue with those titles in my videodb

Playback worked well. Also, the "Mark as watched" and "Mark as unwatched" tools worked as did resume time Big Grin
Whatever became of the GSOC proof of concept where a upnp share could be scanned to function as if it were a local library?

There aren't video info screens for anything, but I assume that is normal, correct? What is the preferred videodb setup for this? Local / remote? Disc, clear logos, and clear art should OR should not be showing up? None are showing, but I also assume that is normal. If not, I'll do over and attach logs
(2014-02-27, 10:38)Dark_Slayer Wrote: Whatever became of the GSOC proof of concept where a upnp share could be scanned to function as if it were a local library?

The work that was done has now been picked up by a senior dev (Montellese) and is being worked on as we speak.

https://github.com/Montellese/xbmc/compa...port_async

It going to be very cool :D

Quote:There aren't video info screens for anything, but I assume that is normal, correct? What is the preferred videodb setup for this? Local / remote? Disc, clear logos, and clear art should OR should not be showing up? None are showing, but I also assume that is normal. If not, I'll do over and attach logs

The lack of info screen is a little quirk of XBMC that we didn't have enough time to work around, because it currently only enables for library items, even though all of the data is there. One idea around this was to maybe make a "fake" info screen for non-library items on the skin level, but I haven't heard if that idea is practical or not.

UPnP sharing should with with a local SQLite DB or MySQL DB. As fas as XBMC is concerned, it shouldn't matter.

At the moment only two types of artwork are transmitted over XBMC's UPnP server, Fanart and Poster. Even Banners are currently in limbo, but hopefully some of the future UPnP improvements will solve this issue as well. I imagine that would include the additional artwork types, like clear art and such.
Once UPnP acts in a similar way to SQL sharing then XBMC is feature-complete for me. I'm sure others will disagree but that's the only feature that's been in a limbo area - which is understandable as I'm sure the developers have more important features to work on, like stability.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
One big issue I've seen is that if you change the view to hide watched items, any folder that contains one or more watched shows causes that folder to vanish, even if it also contains unwatched shows. The checkmarks that are displayed on the folders when hiding is not enabled are accurate, though, so the info is there somewhere to do the folder hiding the correct way (i.e. get it to hide only checkmarked folders).

..wayne..
(2014-03-02, 23:43)WayneD Wrote: ...if you change the view to hide watched items, [on the client machine] any folder that contains one or more watched shows causes that folder to vanish, even if it also contains unwatched shows.

I too am experiencing this bug. I have not as yet enabled logs and so on though. I will try and get this done tonight if it will help.
Is there a way to use UPNP if XBMC is closed? In other words, is there a gui free version of xbmc?
(2014-03-07, 01:15)monkeysez Wrote: Is there a way to use UPNP if XBMC is closed? In other words, is there a gui free version of xbmc?

Not currently.
(2014-03-06, 00:37)SirLoinOfBeef Wrote:
(2014-03-02, 23:43)WayneD Wrote: ...if you change the view to hide watched items, [on the client machine] any folder that contains one or more watched shows causes that folder to vanish, even if it also contains unwatched shows.

I too am experiencing this bug. I have not as yet enabled logs and so on though. I will try and get this done tonight if it will help.

The issue will bite many people over time .. if you can face it a debug log and simplest steps to replicate would make sense (and help devs help us)
Hi

I rely on upnp for a few years now and it's simply great. Unfortunately I wasn't able to switch to the xbmc upnp server yet. Basically there are two limitations, which are "must have's" for me. Once these limitations are removed, I will be able to replace my ushare upnp server with the xbmc upnp server.

Limitation 1: No support for Umlaut's/non-english characters in file names

Limitation 2: No support for Pictures libraries

What is the actual state and plan for the future regarding these two limitations?

Kind regards,
Sonox
Hi Al,

Some information that might be useful related to this issue:

My setup is as follows:
- Server: Mac Mini running XBMC Frodo (latest stable build)
- Client: Raspberry Pi running Openelec (Gotham Beta 2)

My Raspberry Pi was running Openelec (Gotham Beta 1) and I faced the issue where I could browse TV shows and select an episode, but it would fail to play.
Tonight I upgraded it to Openelec (Gotham Beta 2) - now I am able to play TV episodes without error.

So, I assume something that changed between beta 1 and beta 2 fixed it for my particular scenario. Hope this is useful!
HOST OS: Windows 8.1 pro (Intel DN2820FYKH NUC) - XBMC 20140322-745067f-Gotham Nightly
CLIENT OS: Android 4.2.2 (RK3188 tablet) - XBMC 20140322-745067f-Gotham-armabi-v7a Nightly
HOST SHARE: Network share, smb.
TITLE NODE: Under 1 second.
TV SHOW FOLDER: No problem here. Under 1 second.

LIBRARY: Fairly small - ~300 movies, ~150 show episodes.
PLAYBACK: Failed. Multiple attempts.

NOTES: Local playback works fine on both platforms. Playback from XBMC on win8.1pro as UPnP source/server, to BubbleUPnP (android) as local rendrer, is spotless. Playback from BubbleUPnP on android as server and control point to XBMC on Win8.1pro as UPnP client is snappy and fluid. "Play to " Android tablet (BubbleUPnP local rendrer) with XBMC (win8.1pro) as UPnP server and controlpoint works, albeit a bit slow to start playback. Once playback starts, its fluid and stable.

Debug Log HOST: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=157620
Debug Log CLIENT: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=157623

I'm really missing "Play to" UPnP client, and local playback simultaneously. My thoughs are that as the XBMC host is the control point, rough sync might not be so difficult..? Maybe this could be a viable route to add secondary unit AV output, in a "user friendly" way?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge - please click the plus to the left below to give thanks
(2014-03-25, 02:17)pr0xZen Wrote: HOST OS: Windows 8.1 pro (Intel DN2820FYKH NUC) - XBMC 20140322-745067f-Gotham Nightly
CLIENT OS: Android 4.2.2 (RK3188 tablet) - XBMC 20140322-745067f-Gotham-armabi-v7a Nightly
HOST SHARE: Network share, smb.
TITLE NODE: Under 1 second.
TV SHOW FOLDER: No problem here. Under 1 second.

LIBRARY: Fairly small - ~300 movies, ~150 show episodes.
PLAYBACK: Failed. Multiple attempts.

NOTES: Local playback works fine on both platforms. Playback from XBMC on win8.1pro as UPnP source/server, to BubbleUPnP (android) as local rendrer, is spotless. Playback from BubbleUPnP on android as server and control point to XBMC on Win8.1pro as UPnP client is snappy and fluid. "Play to " Android tablet (BubbleUPnP local rendrer) with XBMC (win8.1pro) as UPnP server and controlpoint works, albeit a bit slow to start playback. Once playback starts, its fluid and stable.

Debug Log HOST: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=157620
Debug Log CLIENT: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=157623

I'm really missing "Play to" UPnP client, and local playback simultaneously. My thoughs are that as the XBMC host is the control point, rough sync might not be so difficult..? Maybe this could be a viable route to add secondary unit AV output, in a "user friendly" way?

I'm not entirely sure, but I think the issue here is actually on the SMB level. The UPnP part is communicating an SMB URL to the client XBMC, and it's XBMC's SMB client that is showing an error on playback, saying "unix_err:'2' error : 'No such file or directory'".

As a test, can you play those same files if you attempt to access the videos over an SMB share? It doesn't have to be scanned into the library, so just going through Videos -> Files should work for a test.
(2014-03-25, 02:48)Ned Scott Wrote: I'm not entirely sure, but I think the issue here is actually on the SMB level. The UPnP part is communicating an SMB URL to the client XBMC, and it's XBMC's SMB client that is showing an error on playback, saying "unix_err:'2' error : 'No such file or directory'".

As a test, can you play those same files if you attempt to access the videos over an SMB share? It doesn't have to be scanned into the library, so just going through Videos -> Files should work for a test.

So it does. Ran a few more tests. First off: Your educated guess is probably right. Attempting to go thorugh "files" and add the same smb source as is the source for the HOST library, was unsuccessful. It requires user credentials, but the input window doesn't appear, nor is this available under editing. I can add the source in the XBMC android client, but it is empty as far as xbmc is concerned. I Don't know how to go about that - the network location is an "USB NAS" unit (CiragoLink+ NUS2000) serving 3x USB drives.

Tried to do the same with an UPnP share of a locally stored file (not in XBMC library) on the HOST XBMC "server" (win8.1pro) - playback was good.

Host log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=157676
Client log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=157679

Tried the same file as above through smb instead of UPnP share, got request for credentials and playback also good.
Client log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=157683

EDIT, ADDON:
For some reason BubbleUPnP can handle it, but XBMC not. For what its worth, if of interest:
BubbleUPnP log - playback of file from initial test (my previous post): http://pastebin.com/iqj2t7vZ
MX Player log (BubbleUPnP has no internal player (identical procedure, later session)): http://pastebin.com/qh5sDTL9
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge - please click the plus to the left below to give thanks
I decided to give the UPnP testing a go tonight and noticed a few things.

My configuration is as follows:
UPnP Host: Windows 8.1 running the latest nightly build
UPnP receiver 1: Windows 8.1 running latest nightly build
UPnP receiver 2: Raspberry pi running Latest openelec.

The "Host" is a domain controlled asset that has the folder for my videos mapped. Receiver 1 has the same setup (different domain log in though). The UPnP test between them was fine. No issues to report.

The pi was a frsh build with no data added to it. I simply added the "host" as a source and selected an episode. I tried a few different episode (Same one that I tried on the first test) to no avail. I then read the post above this one by "pr0xZen" and saw that he was having a similar issue. I then added the SMB location to my pi's directory and tried to play a video from the UPnP source with no problem. As far as I can tell it is using the UPnP to play the video file and not the SMB source. I will be conducting further testing to verify if the episodes show up as watched between the assets and so on.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TESTERS WANTED: Gotham UPnP library sharing testing3