NUC D34010WYK v/s DC3217IYE
Hello,

I'm looking for HTPC H/W for following of my needs

1) Play HD Movies / Video (1080p) from NAS.
2) Play Music (MP3)
3) Watch Netflix/HULU/UTube etc.

Debating between following 2 Intel NUC. I had to RMA NUC 847 as could not resolve video issues with it.

i3-3217U DC3217IYE
i3-4010U D34010WYK,

Price wise they are not too far a part.

I prefer OpenElec but can live with Windows based XBMC. I'm leaning towards 4010u ( as it include IR ) but I see lots folks having issues with it. So wanted to check which one experts here would recommend..

Thanks in advance for your help.
I'd get the newer version if the price is similar, and you want IR.

Yes, folks have issues with everything. With the new NUC it was mostly problems trying to configure OpenElec - particularly in the first 2 weeks of December when the box had been released. There were some graphics driver issues, but these are mostly resolved.

If you watch VC-1 encoded movies, then build something with a separate Nvidia GT 610 card. I have thousands of videos, and not one is VC-1. Even if I did encounter one, I could just re-encode it to h.264.

There is a new NUC based on Celeron N2820, but it does not support Win7 (only Win8, and 8.1). Again - no surprise here - as the first boxes are being delivered, people are again spending time trying to make it work with OpenElec. I imagine that will take a few weeks of teething troubles.

This could be a good option if you only watch 1080p movies, because its much cheaper.
Thanks.. I ended up getting Zotac ID63 which was little cheaper than that.. openelec runs great on that..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NUC D34010WYK v/s DC3217IYE0