Mark movies according to their folders they are stored in?
I have movies in different folders. I would like to see in the playlist in which of the folders each movie is stored in (or at least the movies to be marked, which are in a special folder). How could I do it?
Newest stable Kodi (portable), Win 10 | skin: default Confluence
I don't think this is possible without some kind of skin modification. I imagine it would be possible, but it would require some kind of customized list view.
Thanks Ned,

OK, so I assume, it is not that easy to do.
Oh wait, it is possible! I totally forgot that media source flags can use the full path to work, and those can be modified to work in this situation.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Med...dia_source

Which skin do you use?
That would be great, thanks Ned.

Aeon Nox at the moment I use. But I could use another one to make these flags to work.
Well, it's not perfect, but here's what I've figured out for Confluence so far, and I think it should be applicable to other skins.

I added new source flags by editing XBMC/addons/skin.confluence/720p/IncludesCodecFlagging.xml

XBMC in this case is the parent folder to the userdata folder (wiki).

There's a section called "<variable name="typehackflagging">"

It has values that look like this: "<value condition="substring(ListItem.FilenameAndPath,vhs)">vhs</value>"

The first "vhs" is what name in the file path (be it the file name or any part of the folder/server path) needs to match for that flag. The second "vhs" is the name of the image tag that XBMC puts for that flag, which it loads from

XBMC/addons/skin.confluence/media/flagging/video/

So I made a test where I added this "<value condition="substring(ListItem.FilenameAndPath,anime)">anime</value>"

and I made a small 100x48 PNG image that said "Anime" in it and saved it as anime.png to XBMC/addons/skin.confluence/media/flagging/video/anime.png

(in Confluence's case this folder was empty and didn't have any images. This is because all of the images are loaded into a texture packer file for faster loading. However, placing new individual images in this location still works.)

Sure enough, it shows this flag when you select the entry, depending on your list view.

The next step would be having a skin view that shows flags in the list and not just when a specific entry is selected. I haven't gotten that far yet, but hopefully this is a start in the right direction.
Oh, and you will probably want to make these changes in a duplicate skin folder with a slightly different name, and change the addon.xml file to change the add-on ID there as well. That way new skin updates won't overwrite your work.
Thank you very much for the very understandable explanation and efforts, Ned.

Something I am missing.

Edit:
Ah, it works yet. I always looked for the flag in the OSD displayed while a movie is running / paused, but such a flag is shown only in the movie information (pressing "I" in the list).

But I cannot geet it to work for this folder: Filme auf DVD, cannot see the difference.

I have enabled these flags: http://i.imgur.com/a0e6BYL.jpg

Quote:I added new source flags by editing XBMC/addons/skin.confluence/720p/IncludesCodecFlagging.xml

XBMC in this case is the parent folder to the userdata folder.

There's a section called "<variable name="typehackflagging">"

It has values that look like this: "<value condition="substring(ListItem.FilenameAndPath,vhs)">vhs</value>"

One of the paths the movies are stored in:
I:\Eigene Dateien\Videos - Sendungen\Filme auf DVD

The xml file: http://i.imgur.com/knNR247.png

Quote:XBMC/addons/skin.confluence/media/flagging/video/
There was no such a folder, I created it, I added the folder "flagging" and the folder "video": http://i.imgur.com/L8ir8cv.png
And I took some own png files and one of XBMC.

But there is no flag, image shown on the screen: http://i.imgur.com/WLGjE1r.jpg

Path of the xml file: http://i.imgur.com/36SifwK.png

Many thanks!

Quote:Oh, and you will probably want to make these changes in a duplicate skin folder with a slightly different name, and change the addon.xml file to change the add-on ID there as well. That way new skin updates won't overwrite your work.
Sorry, I do not quite understand. Can I use a duplicate folder for all skins? And I have to edit such a file: C:\Users\Dick\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.aeon.nox\addon.xml
I couldn't find such ID there.
Hmm, not sure why the flagging folder wouldn't be there.

For the addon.xml file, in Confluence it's the 3rd line and looks like this:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<addon
  id="skin.confluence"

Something like this would work for a new ID

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<addon
  id="skin.confluence.tagmod"
Make sure XBMC is not running :

Copy the ENTIRE skin.aeon.nox folder and name it differently, eg skin.aeon.nox.personalmod
Open skin.aeon.nox.personalmod\addon.xml and rename the skin to skin.aeon.nox.personalmod there as well.

Start XBMC again, choose skin.aeon.nox.personalmod as your skin. This way whenever aeon skin is updated automatically it will not overwrite your changes.
You will either need to redo all your skin settings you did in aeon or edit your guisettings.xml
Thanks Ned and Kib,

I see, I would have to repeat all the steps for each single skin I wanted to use.

Quote:Copy the ENTIRE skin.aeon.nox folder and name it differently, eg skin.aeon.nox.personalmod
Open skin.aeon.nox.personalmod\addon.xml and rename the skin to skin.aeon.nox.personalmod there as well.

Start XBMC again, choose skin.aeon.nox.personalmod as your skin. This way whenever aeon skin is updated automatically it will not overwrite your changes.
Done.

Oops, redo all the settings or edit this guisettings.xml (I have found two ones, I assume it is this one: \AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\guisettings.xml)...seems to be a lot of work...all the menu items created / set in Aeon Nox...and...
Wouldn't it be possible to just replace all
"skin.aeon.nox"
in such lines like
<setting type="bool" name="skin.aeon.nox.Nox.newstatus">false</setting>
with
"skin.aeon.nox.personalmod"?

And when there is an update for Aeon Nox (or any other skin I would use), I would have to...hmmm...to just copy all of the new / changed, edited files of the update (from the skin.aeon.nox folder) to the new "skin.aeon.nox.personalmod", I assume. And it is the same with the derfault skin Confluence, I guess.
Yes, exactly. Use search and replace.
OK, thank you Kib.
Hi. I cant find the file IncludesCodecFlagging.xml for aeon nox. How can I create my own custom flags?

Thx
(2022-05-10, 01:09)z3us Wrote: Hi. I cant find the file IncludesCodecFlagging.xml for aeon nox. How can I create my own custom flags?

Thx

Ask in the forum for the skin you use, so here for Aeron Nox https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mark movies according to their folders they are stored in?0