Improving movie db update performance.
Can you update the code to match the latest xmbc main repository? I'm getting error during compilation. Thanks.
Should be back in sync, I've just built the linux version with no issues.
OK. I will try later. This optimization is a must have feature. Thanks once again.
First excuse my English because I use traductor.Os commented me a question that arises, sometimes collaborated with the scrapper of covers TheMoviedb so that we have the best caratulas all in Spanish, because my question is this, example happens to me: I have movie Dead Silence, the insert contained in its database for the Spanish language is not very good and I added a better (podreis check on the website) and we are two in Spanish, I'll xbmc and say updated to allow me to see the new cover and to select but do not appear in any mine site. Instead I added Elite Squad 2 that there was no cover in Spanish and gets. I think having already downloaded the Silence of evil in Spanish above is not like previous update and throw thumbs, so I decided to delete the database and scraper again but must keep pulling thumbs and does not appear the new. I know that I can add manually but I am left with doubt. you have to delete something else to complete the scan again? Forgiveness by rollazo

Edit: Every time I'm more convinced than not makes a new exploration content but pulling thumb, because I've gotten into the thumb folder and have manually deleted the cover art of the movie Dead Silence to see if it was returning to scrapear but not Doing so now I have the movie cover art but no update from him, you know that the file paths are stored thumbnails?
@victorzgz - if I got you right you have the issue that the posters from scrapers don't show up in your library but instead some old or incorrect ones? In case of old ones, please check the folder where your movie is stored in and remove any local artwork you don't want, because local artwork should overrule remote artwork. In case the scraper is matching the wrong movie or movie release/version - try to add the release year to the movies filename or foldername (like "Avatar (2009)")
I do not know if I explained well, I have the aptly named movie Dead silence and cover and lower the Spanish days ago. As I did not like I added a new one in ThemovieDB marking the Spanish language and now update my library but the new cover that I added to the scraper does not appear, so I think that instead of updating just looking at the thumbs and not as solve it
(2014-05-28, 18:30)victorzgz Wrote: I do not know if I explained well, I have the aptly named movie Dead silence and cover and lower the Spanish days ago. As I did not like I added a new one in ThemovieDB marking the Spanish language and now update my library but the new cover that I added to the scraper does not appear, so I think that instead of updating just looking at the thumbs and not as solve it

New update to TMDB take time as they cache their data if i recall correctly. So try again in a few days
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Back on topic, what's the prognosis for these optimised db changes and Helix?
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
I suspect I need to rebase and see what state it's in. And probably tidy some areas up.
Just an FYI for anyone following this thread, rather than watching on github, @jmarshall has taken a subset of my changes here:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/5170

So hopefully we'll see this in helix Smile
Given I hit the button, yup Wink
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Improving movie db update performance.0