xbmcbuntu, install full lxde
Hello,

Is there anyway to install a "full" lxde desktop? I would really like to have some GUI ocnfiguration options.
It just seems to have some issues with my setup.

Until now was not able to change the keyboard layout oder change the screen resolution permantly, after every reboot, the default settings are restored.

I already tried:

sudo apt-get install lubuntu-desktop

but it stopped at:

Processing triggers for libgtk-3-0:i386 ...
Errors were encountered while processing:
/var/cache/apt/archives/lubuntu-default-settings_0.29_all.deb
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

When I now start a XBMCbuntu session I have a lot of additional packages installed, but most of them do not work.

Or would be the way to go for me to install a full Lubuntu and start a xbmc session as default? Is this still possible, somewhere I read that xbmc-standalone was discontinued?
xbmcbuntu has a included desktop environment. exit xbmc and you shuld be at a login screen. select xbmcbuntu from a drop down box and log in and you will be in the xbmcbuntu desktop session.
(2014-01-26, 12:22)klingel_one Wrote: Until now was not able to change the keyboard layout oder change the screen resolution permantly, after every reboot, the default settings are restored.

Thanks,

as I mentioned, I do know this, but unfortunately I have some problems with It and would furthermore like more features... as the xbmcbuntu session is realy stripped down.
You're saying you want to install LXDE but then you've tried to install KDE, which apparently failed and that's why you have a lot of broken applications. I suggest you remove all desktop environments and then install LXDE.
sudo apt-get install lubuntu-desktop
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Try installing the applications you need, not the full desktop. Also you could try using command line tools to setup your machine. xrandr for resolution and setxkbmap for your keyboard. Run them on startup via /etc/rc.local or similar.
Thanks for your advise...
I decided to go with lubuntu + xbmc(autostart). I didn't notice any difference, when running a window manager, infact for some applications I was starting openbox, anyways (Chrome Launcher, etc...). In fact Lubuntu + xbmc seems boot noticably faster than xbmcbuntu.

Already everything work directly out of the box

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmcbuntu, install full lxde0