Airplay speakers not working directly from xbmc with apple tv 2
Hello guys! Im getting mad and didnt find any soultion to let work my airplay philips soundsphere with xbmc as they work great only if i dont use xbmc for exanple with the native apple tv app as youtube or movies of Apple. Also airplay speakers dont work if i mirror video from my ipad. Is there anyone can help me with this? Many thanks in advance
I am looking for solution too. Native Apple TV app audio plays well with airplay external speakers however once switched to xbmc the audio output doesn't play to airplay external speakers tried different audio settings in xbmc! no luck yet.
Thank you Zeusmos for your reply. So we should only hope that will be updated new xbmc to let work with airplay.

Regards
Did anyone ever get this to work?
0rca i dont think they did something as none replied about the concern. Just hope one day will be done
There is a somehow workaround to get xbmc audio over your airplay speakers. This is what you should do: start a radio station on the appletv main menu and let it play over your airplay speakers, then pause the radio station and go back to main menu atv and start xbmc. If you click on any video now it should play the audio over airplay, but is out of sync, but you can adjust that off course within the video/audio settings in the osd. That is how I do it for now until airplay audio will be supported within xbmc. Cheers.
Will most likely never be supported from within xbmc because this feature is specific to osx and ios (which presents the airplay sinks as kinda audio devices). The mentioned out of sync issue is also expected as kodi has no control over when the audio packets really hit the speaker. Just don't expect anything in that direction from me (airplay is proprietary closed source shit if you ask me and its not the way to go for us in the open source world).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Airplay speakers not working directly from xbmc with apple tv 22