Which mini-ITX motherboard to buy?
Hello,

I'm looking for an all-in-one motherboard with an integrated CPU and fast onboard graphics. The PC currently has an Atom D510 motherboard, but this is nowhere fast enough.

My needs:

- Will primarily be used for watching live 1080ptv ( has to have good deinterlacing),
- Should handle all common video files
- Will be running windows because of lacking linux driver support. I guess Windows-XBMC is a bit slower than Linux?

Expecting to pay less than 150 euros, I don't know whether this is realistic though. Smile

What can you recommend me?
Read through this: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=165707 a Celeron 1037U is good enough for LiveTV. 1037 is IVB based.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2014-01-27, 23:08)fritsch Wrote: Read through this: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=165707 a Celeron 1037U is good enough for LiveTV. 1037 is IVB based.

+1 for the C1037U.
+2 for the C1037U !!
Ok, that sounds convincing! Thanks!

I asssume the C1037U will be still powerful enough in a windows build? It should be able to handle 1080p 50fps interlaced content smoothly. In linux it probably does this - is it the same for windows?

I found two motherboards in the EU with the C1037U:
Gigabyte GA-C1037UN
Biostar NM70I-1037U

Either will do right? They seem pretty similar.

Thanks for your help!
Both don't have USB 3.0 though Sad

That's weird, as I even found an ASUS Board with a Celeron 847 which should be a lot older than the C1037U and that comes with USB 3.0

Will the C1037U be able to play Hi10p @ 1080p?
Don't really need USB3.0 for this build, I may add a small <16gb SSD sometime I think.

Could someone confirm that there won't be any performance issues under Windows? I have my finger on the "order now" button. Smile
The C1007U works great with Windows so I expect the C1037U to be 30 better Wink

Go with the Gigabyte -- it's quieter. And, the USB headers provide power when off which comes in handy with certain IR receivers and being able to turn the PC on with a remote.
+1 for Gigabyte. The 2 GbE ports make it a worthy router aswell.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Which mini-ITX motherboard to buy?0