Guide to set up your gampad
(2017-03-05, 19:46)garbear Wrote: Sounds like a way cool project. The "js0" handler looks like it means it should show up under the Linux Joystick API, which peripheral.joystick currently uses. the Linux Joystick API is built on udev these days, so it's a definite candidate for where the problem is.

A while back I ported the udev driver to peripheral.joystick, but disabled it for Krypton because it was missing some axes. This shouldn't be a problem for your project, so the first thing I would try is testing the udev driver. You can either:

* Compile peripheral.joystick without the Linux Joystick API (it'll default to udev then).
* Wait for my next patch that allows you to choose between these two in Kodi's settings

I've been working on this patch for the last two weeks, so I suppose it's time I finished it Smile I'll get this PRed today because testing the udev driver is our next step.

Great, thanks for the info. I'll hold off on testing and watch out for the PR.
This patch is a lot more work than I thought it'd be Sad I'll try to finish it up over the next few days.
I did a little more testing. My setup seems to work just fine using LibreElec (Escalades version). Not sure exactly why, i see he's using a later version of peripheral.joystick, but I didn't see any particular commit to think thats the reason it should work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Guide to set up your gampad0