Slow Visualisation Rendering
thanks for the heads up pike - i see that the sleep(16) has been removed  Smile .

unfortunately i have given up trying to get my vis to work in time for the compo deadline. something changed recently which bust my beat detection code, looked like the audiodata wasn't getting called as often but i haven't had time to look into it any further. do you know of anything that has changed in relation to that?

my vis is very similar to the avs in winamp - lots of different effects you can combine in an infinite number of ways.

couple of pics for you - obviously looks a lot better when bouncing around in time to the music (before it broke anyway).

effect 1
effect 2

everyone seems quite happy with the g-force vis so i don't know if its worth doing any more work on mine anyway.

thanks for keeping me up to date.

cheers
mrc
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
audio data was being sent to the vis much less often, yes. this was due to me changing the buffer size to improve skips in playback. i've since reworked the vis data collection so now it gets a chunk of data once per frame instead of once everytime the buffer updates. you should find this makes beat detection a bit easier. on the other hand sync for the vis is slightly off currently. i'm planning to alter the sync system at some point soon.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

@MrC, your vis looks good me, the more the merrier i say.. can you make it happen before sunday you're in the contest Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Slow Visualisation Rendering0