• 31(current)
Release service.subtitles.subscene
(2020-10-09, 19:07)AnonTester Wrote: Pls post debug log. Without it I can't do anything.

Sorry here it is: https://paste.kodi.tv/axutuqedaf.kodi
@snyft Thanks, that helped. I think the issue is due to forward/backslash difference between Windows and Linux and copying the subtitle file from the archive to the temp folder didn't work. There isn't a specific error in the log about it, but everything seems to have worked, except the last part. I adjusted the addon to deal with the path separator properly now and sorted a deprecated function while I was at it. Please test version 1.9.4. I don't have a windows system to test myself.
Got an error message or something not working as it should? Provide a full Debug log (wiki) via paste.kodi.tv
(2020-10-10, 01:25)AnonTester Wrote: @snyft Thanks, that helped. I think the issue is due to forward/backslash difference between Windows and Linux and copying the subtitle file from the archive to the temp folder didn't work. There isn't a specific error in the log about it, but everything seems to have worked, except the last part. I adjusted the addon to deal with the path separator properly now and sorted a deprecated function while I was at it. Please test version 1.9.4. I don't have a windows system to test myself.

Tried 1.9.4 and I still get errors about there not being any subs.
@snyft
Your log showed you played a movie within a RAR file and it also showed an error message creating a temp directory. Could you please try with a standalone movie. If your E-Drive is a remote storage, please ensure Kodi has write access to the drive and movie folder.
If downloading and storing subs for non-rar'ed movies works, then you might want to define a separate folder for subtitles rather than storing them next to the movie. The setting for that is "Settings -> Player -> Language -> Subtitle Storage Location -> Custom Folder and select a custom folder".
Please upload a new debug log if this fails with a 'normal' movie file as well.
Got an error message or something not working as it should? Provide a full Debug log (wiki) via paste.kodi.tv
(2020-10-11, 20:45)AnonTester Wrote: @snyft
Your log showed you played a movie within a RAR file and it also showed an error message creating a temp directory. Could you please try with a standalone movie. If your E-Drive is a remote storage, please ensure Kodi has write access to the drive and movie folder.
If downloading and storing subs for non-rar'ed movies works, then you might want to define a separate folder for subtitles rather than storing them next to the movie. The setting for that is "Settings -> Player -> Language -> Subtitle Storage Location -> Custom Folder and select a custom folder".
Using opensubtitles addon it works fine though. All files/movies are on my local machine that runs Kodi.
I will try custom folder even though i think i use it already.
Debug log where subscene fails but opensubtitles work, maybe that can be somewhat helpful.
I'll take a look at the weekend and see if I can figure out what goes wrong with your setup.
(2020-12-11, 21:50)AnonTester Wrote: I'll take a look at the weekend and see if I can figure out what goes wrong with your setup.

No rush, thanks for taking a look at it Smile
(2020-12-03, 07:12)snyft Wrote:
Debug log where subscene fails but opensubtitles work, maybe that can be somewhat helpful.
Same here
Kodi 19
@snyft There's no actual error in your log, it downloads the subtitle from subscene, unzips it and copies the subtitle in the temp folder, but then it stops without error. I've added more debug info and made some adjustments in the hope that it may work for you now. As the addon is working fine on my system, debugging is rather tricky.
Please try v1.9.5 from my repo.

@trkselim Please post a debug log. https://kodi.wiki/index.php?title=Log_file  Without it I know nothing about your system and what may or may not work and got nothing to look into.
(2020-12-21, 02:13)AnonTester Wrote: @snyft There's no actual error in your log, it downloads the subtitle from subscene, unzips it and copies the subtitle in the temp folder, but then it stops without error. I've added more debug info and made some adjustments in the hope that it may work for you now. As the addon is working fine on my system, debugging is rather tricky.
Please try v1.9.5 from my repo.

@trkselim Please post a debug log. https://kodi.wiki/index.php?title=Log_file  Without it I know nothing about your system and what may or may not work and got nothing to look into.
Debug: https://paste.kodi.tv/nowidanafi.kodi
Also tried running Kodi with admin rights and changing custom subfolder to Kodi's directory thinking it might be some Windows right's issue but it still gives error.
@snyft
Looks like we're getting somewhere. The latest debug shows that the sub is downloaded, extracted and available just fine and it's handing over the path to the file back to Kodi to save it where you want it to be. That last part is failing.

This is the debug line with the full path to the extracted subtitle file which the addon hands back to Kodi:
Code:
2020-12-21 05:27:02.171 T:14680   DEBUG <general>: ### [__main__] 2.181304 - === Found subtitle file D:\Kodi nightly\portable_data\userdata\addon_data\service.subtitles.subscene\temp\2494f4d3-2f3c-45a2-9f41-383cd8349a01\The.Irishman.2019.1080p.BluRay.x264-TOOSHORT.srt

This is the error message when Kodi tries to copy the sub file:
Code:
2020-12-21 05:27:02.173 T:9316    ERROR <general>: CGUIDialogSubtitles::OnDownloadComplete - Saving of subtitle D:\Kodi nightly\portable_data\userdata\addon_data\service.subtitles.subscene\temp\2494f4d3-2f3c-45a2-9f41-383cd8349a01\The.Irishman.2019.1080p.BluRay.x264-TOOSHORT.srt to H:\rar9\buggedsubs\The.Irishman.2019.720p.BluRay.x264-TOOSHORT.en.srt failed

There's no detail as to why this failed though. Does Kodi have write access to that Drive and Folder and does the Folder exist?
BTW: The subtitles should still be in the temp folder as the addon temp folder gets deleted before downloading other subtitles.
(2020-12-21, 19:39)AnonTester Wrote: @snyft
Looks like we're getting somewhere. The latest debug shows that the sub is downloaded, extracted and available just fine and it's handing over the path to the file back to Kodi to save it where you want it to be. That last part is failing.

This is the debug line with the full path to the extracted subtitle file which the addon hands back to Kodi:
Code:
2020-12-21 05:27:02.171 T:14680   DEBUG <general>: ### [__main__] 2.181304 - === Found subtitle file D:\Kodi nightly\portable_data\userdata\addon_data\service.subtitles.subscene\temp\2494f4d3-2f3c-45a2-9f41-383cd8349a01\The.Irishman.2019.1080p.BluRay.x264-TOOSHORT.srt

This is the error message when Kodi tries to copy the sub file:
Code:
2020-12-21 05:27:02.173 T:9316    ERROR <general>: CGUIDialogSubtitles::OnDownloadComplete - Saving of subtitle D:\Kodi nightly\portable_data\userdata\addon_data\service.subtitles.subscene\temp\2494f4d3-2f3c-45a2-9f41-383cd8349a01\The.Irishman.2019.1080p.BluRay.x264-TOOSHORT.srt to H:\rar9\buggedsubs\The.Irishman.2019.720p.BluRay.x264-TOOSHORT.en.srt failed

There's no detail as to why this failed though. Does Kodi have write access to that Drive and Folder and does the Folder exist?
BTW: The subtitles should still be in the temp folder as the addon temp folder gets deleted before downloading other subtitles.
It must have write access because using opensubtitles addon it works, yes the folder exist. I also tried to change the custom folder to
D:\Kodi nightly\Subscene
D:\Kodi nightly\portable_data\userdata\addon_data\service.subtitles.subscene\temp\
D:\Kodi nightly\portable_data\userdata\addon_data\service.subtitles.subscene\
D:\Kodi nightly\portable_data\userdata\addon_data\service.subtitles.subscene\temp\2494f4d3-2f3c-45a2-9f41-383cd8349a01
Just tried giving Kodi delete/modify permission, it did not help hm.

Yes the subtitles are there. I'm starting to think if it's maybe a VFS.RAR issue with having one rar archive(movie) already open and opening another(subtitle) hm  Edit: Tried with unrared mkv and it failed, also tried unrared mkv and using archive.vfs addon instead of rar.vfs as well and it also gave errors.
Kodi 19 matrix beta2
Coreelec
Frish install now it’s working
Thanks
I have a sony TV with Android, and recently installed Kodi and Subscene addon. I have tried the two that is inside kodi and and 1.9.3 which I installed from zip file. In all 3 cases I can not use cofigure button to login with username/password. The configure button is greyed out in all cases. There was not any problem with opensubtitle, but I want to use both.
  • 31(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
service.subtitles.subscene8