• 167(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2
Milehouse i have your build on SD Card how i can install it to USb i have Windows
(2014-01-22, 18:57)ranem123 Wrote: Milehouse i have your build on SD Card how i can install it to USb i have Windows
It is in the wiki.
I am always amazed at how much can be done with this humble processor.
I guess nowadays technology does't have the inclination or time to sit down and really optimise code for a processor - instead they just develop more horsepower!
Anyway, my thanks to the devs Smile

Have had very stable builds at the moment - except for recently- DARE I SAY IT-- audio/video sync is beginning to drift again on live tv!
I thought that nut was cracked!
Also the very latest build from Millhouse 0122, goes back a step further and live tv is now shown in 4:3.
I thought that one had been cracked as well!

Anybody else seeing this? ( none of my settings are changed )

many thanks

pootler
(2014-01-23, 01:27)pootler Wrote: Have had very stable builds at the moment - except for recently- DARE I SAY IT-- audio/video sync is beginning to drift again on live tv!
Also the very latest build from Millhouse 0122, goes back a step further and live tv is now shown in 4:3.

Are you definitely using omxplayer? There's been no changes to omxplayer for some time.
dvdplayer on the other hand is very experimental and changes in behaviour would not be unexpected.
Can you confirm the problem is new in this build (by reverting to the previous one and confirming that is okay)
With OpenElec Gotham Milhouse-Build #0188 an IR-Receiver (GPIO) is only working with this add-on:
script.service.lirc_rpi_launcher
from here: http://openelec.tv/forum/124-raspberry-pi/68486-gotham-and-lirc-support

But FastForward ist not working.

Since build #0122 IR-Remote is no longer working....
also had 4:3 with dvdplayer in live tv
after edit as.xml back to

<defaultplayer>omxplayer</defaultplayer>

my live tv works as it should be
I briefly tested today's Milhouse build, and I think I can clarify a couple of issues I identified the other day.

First of all, with limited testing, today's build works much better with mythTV than the previous build. On the previous Milhouse build, I observed that mythtv video was choppy and unwatchable, whether I had specified DVDplayer or omxplayer as the default player in advancedsettings.XML

Second, I am pretty sure that, with this build, mythTV usesDVD player whether or not you specify it as the default player in advancedsettings.XML. This appears to be the case because:
- with today's Milhouse build, EDL/commercial skipping has reappeared using the myth plugin (having disappeared two months ago)
- with today's pi chimney build, however, no EDL or commercial skipping
- popcornmix pointed out that he did not believe there was any reason why omxplayer would have deteriorated for mythtv playback.

There were still couple of issues.
- At one point, immediately after a commercial Skip, playback bogged down badly. Normal playback was restored by stopping and restarting playback, without rebooting. This problem not arise again, with at least 6 more ad skips, and was not reproducible in the same program at the same juncture.
- add another point, playback froze up. Top showed xbmc.bin still running, but using <1% CPU. Killall was required to regain control.
(2014-01-23, 02:03)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-01-23, 01:27)pootler Wrote: Have had very stable builds at the moment - except for recently- DARE I SAY IT-- audio/video sync is beginning to drift again on live tv!

Are you definitely using omxplayer? There's been no changes to omxplayer for some time.
dvdplayer on the other hand is very experimental and changes in behaviour would not be unexpected.
Can you confirm the problem is new in this build (by reverting to the previous one and confirming that is okay)
Please note my post above. I suspect that, in these builds, Live TV is using DVDplayer even if you don't specify it in advancedsettings.xml
The latest build seems to F**k up my network!?! That's really really strange. Using dvdplayer or omxplayer the video at some point stops. Checking my network it seems like the switch crashed. No connection whatsoever. Need to unplug that little piece of sh**. The strange thing is, this happens only with xbmc running.

I've noticed it 2 times yesterday evening. I am now currently working at home (using a lot of data which is also flowing through the switch) and havn't had a single outage.

This makes me wonder how that could happen to the switch.. Some corrupt packages from the pi that makes my switch go boom?

I'll try plug the cable to a different port later today. Maybe the port is broken...
(2014-01-23, 02:03)popcornmix Wrote:

Hi popcornmix,

rolled back to my current used version - 17035.
4:3 ratio has now gone, but as mentioned,with the more recent builds there can be some audio/video sync issues with live tv.
As happened a long time ago, if there is a slight break in reception ( however small) a small audio/video sync sometimes appears which can get progressively worse unless you change channel and then change back to the original. The audio/video lock seems to have gone' 'soft' again.
As for whether I am using DVD player - i don't think so, as I haven't changed my settings for over six months!Smile

Hope that helps

pootler
(2014-01-21, 20:55)craigbeat Wrote:
(2014-01-21, 16:36)SSC_Jarod Wrote:
(2014-01-21, 15:56)michbeck100 Wrote: Did someone recognize my post? Automatic 3D switching still isn't working for me. It would be great if someone could tell if it works for him.

Hi,

I've the same Problem... Frodo = auto switch ... gotham = no chance...
There was only one version which popcornmix did at an answer to a post of mine, but since then something must be broken, so that the autoswitch doesnt work anymore.... But i ve hope Big Grin

So i am, like you, stuck on Frodo for a while and hope that the first official beta or the final version of Gotham is out and it works then...

Sadly.... Confused

It was working for me in Gotham, but haven't tried recently. I've actually got mine set to pressing the green button on my remote, as I have my Pi linked to the serial port on my LG, and I adjust brightness, contrast, colour as well as switch to 3D for optimal settings.

If i press the 3D Button on my remote, 3D comes up too.... But that is all manually!

But the goal is, that if i choose a 3D Movie which has 3DSBS or 3DTAB in his name, that everything goes automatic, like in Frodo and the TV switches to 3D Mode and the Menu of XBMC is in 3D Mode too and the only thing i ve to do, is put on the 3D Glases... Cool

Cause the gratis Gadget of this behaviour in frodo is, if i press, in 3D Mode, on my TV remote the 3D Button to switch 3D off, the Movie is imediatly in 2D in 1080p ( ok i now is not really 1080) on my Screen. So i dont need to go in the Menu on my TV to push the "3D to 2D" Conversation Button. is all happened in XBMC and my TV only reacts on my and the xbmc advises Wink

Hope it is fixed in the final Builds of Gotham... But otherwise, in the meantime (or forever) i am stuck with Frodo, and besides the performance differ, in gotham, i can live with that (so far Wink ) ....

Greetz,
J
I also get static with passthrough enabled (like post #2471) using build from 0122 (tried files with AC3/DTS). Last one I tried was 0118 and that one worked fine. Audio works through TV when passthrough is off. Tried deleting guisettings.xml but no change. When playing AC3/DTS it looks like my reciever says PCM...
New OpenELEC Gotham build: #0123 (obsolete)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.13.0 #1 PREEMPT Thu Jan 23 11:31:18 GMT 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Jan 10 2014 16:54:51
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version efa116b5c8859c352322cb27e13baccbea583ef7 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20140123112050-r17126-gceb58b6

Based on tip of XBMC master (bd9a341, changelog) and tip of OpenELEC master (ceb58b6, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes newclock3 commits (except for b39f0e9 which I've replaced with a static spinner)
  • Includes PR3875: Allowing https in HLS variant selection
  • Excludes the OpenELEC fernetmenta patches (due to conflict with newclock3)
Notes:
  1. New 3.13.0 kernel
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2014-01-23, 03:14)Frank2 Wrote: With OpenElec Gotham Milhouse-Build #0188 an IR-Receiver (GPIO) is only working with this add-on:
script.service.lirc_rpi_launcher
from here: http://openelec.tv/forum/124-raspberry-pi/68486-gotham-and-lirc-support

But FastForward ist not working.

Since build #0122 IR-Remote is no longer working....

I've had a few issues with GPIO IR with some of the Gotham releases, but have it working fine now (without the Add-On). I'm not sure how it got fixed exactly, you might need to a clean out of your /storage folders and start with a fresh configuration and then make an autostart.sh file in /storage/.config that looks like this:-
Code:
#!/bin/bash

modprobe lirc_rpi
eventlircd --evmap=/etc/eventlircd.d --socket=/var/run/lirc/lircd --release=_UP
/usr/sbin/lircd --driver=default --device=/dev/lirc0 --uinput --output=/var/run/lirc/lircd --pidfile=/var/run/lirc/lircd-lirc0.pid /storage/.config/lircd.conf

This works fine for me (including latest MilhouseVH builds) with all buttons working.
(2014-01-23, 15:24)MilhouseVH Wrote: New OpenELEC Gotham build: #0123

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.13.0 #1 PREEMPT Thu Jan 23 11:31:18 GMT 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Jan 10 2014 16:54:51
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version efa116b5c8859c352322cb27e13baccbea583ef7 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20140123112050-r17126-gceb58b6

Based on tip of XBMC master (bd9a341, changelog) and tip of OpenELEC master (ceb58b6, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes newclock3 commits (except for b39f0e9 which I've replaced with a static spinner)
  • Includes PR3875: Allowing https in HLS variant selection
  • Excludes the OpenELEC fernetmenta patches (due to conflict with newclock3)
Notes:
  1. New 3.13.0 kernel

Still only static for me with this build when using passthrough. Do I need to set anything in config.txt? I have no advancedsettings.xml or anything...
  • 167(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 223