• 183(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2
upped to 256. Now it crashed XBMC everytime I try to play the MKV

http://www2.zshares.net/yc9bs2lupk5y

EDIT.

My bad. It edited the wrong place. Now it works Smile Will report back about stability

EDIT2

It works but there is some crackling noise in the background at all time
(2014-02-02, 15:28)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-02-02, 15:12)jpcolin Wrote: Hi, just a question for popcorn, on your youtube video, (wich seems a lot faster than my setup, but still have to do the usb stick trick), is your GUI setup in 720 or 1080?
Of course the movie play in 1080p right?

GUI resolution and HDMI resolution were both 1080p in video.

Thanks popcorn,
could you share all you settings so i can try du replicate your system speed?
advancedsettings.xml, config.txt, ....
I could not find this info!

thanks
(2014-02-02, 23:46)jpcolin Wrote: Thanks popcorn,
could you share all you settings so i can try du replicate your system speed?
advancedsettings.xml, config.txt, ....
I could not find this info!

Should all be described here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=174485
(2014-02-02, 18:46)MilhouseVH Wrote: New OpenELEC Gotham build: #0202b
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.13.1 #1 PREEMPT Sun Feb 2 16:04:47 GMT 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Jan 28 2014 18:56:53
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 8966c433ecd9358a1cdab717d2a1b89999464b10 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20140202160201-r17600-gce936f8

Based on tip of XBMC master (4a96b1b, changelog) and tip of OpenELEC master (ce936f8, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes newclock3 commits (except for 0bba8cc which I've replaced with a static spinner)
  • Excludes the OpenELEC fernetmenta patches (due to conflict with newclock3)
Build Higlights:
  1. newclock3: new dvdcodec commits that improve bad behaviour on seeks

Additional Testing Notes:
  1. Testers should try adding the following entry to their advancedsettings.xml:
    Code:
    <advancedsettings>
      <video>
        <defaultplayer>dvdplayer</defaultplayer>
        <defaultdvdplayer>dvdplayer</defaultdvdplayer>
      </video>
    </advancedsettings>
    and report if it is better/worse than omxplayer. You can still play files with omxplayer using the context-menu "Play using... OMXPlayer".

2. The following settings are no longer required in config.txt and should be removed:
    Code:
    no_hdmi_resample=1
    hdmi_stream_channels=1
    no_resample_audio is now a default, and hdmi_stream_channels is switched based on audio content. For the time being when using passthrough, 2.0 speaker layout should continue to be used (you will still get 5.1 with AC3/DTS).

Hi,

3D auto switching works with this build and i think it was that i had two movies wich not was named "xxx.3DSBS.mkv" Sad so my failure... Sorry

But i watch a behaviour, that all 3D movies are being zoomed to FullScreen. The black bars are only a overlay. I recogn this, cause some writing in the beginning of a movie was cut by the black bars. And when played a 3D Movie i switch from e.g. Normal to zoom in xbmc, only the black bars are removed and i see the movie fullscreen, nothing is zoomed or so.

In normal 2D movies the behaviour of normal, zoom and other screen setting are ok and have a effect on the picture.

I switched on "adjust display rate" and "synchronize with display".
And i switched it of, but it doesnt have a effect.

Greetz and keep up such good working on xbmc Wink
J.
Possible to include CEC repeat fix for Panasonic TV? I keep getting double presses.

https://github.com/chbmuc/xbmc/commit/6e...a1461e9ae5
I get this error when playing a live channel using tvheadend in portugal!

ERROR: COpenMaxVideo::StopDecoder - setting egl OMX_StateIdle failed with omx_err(0x80001001)

any ideas?

thanks
joe
(2014-02-02, 20:02)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-02-02, 18:46)MilhouseVH Wrote: New OpenELEC Gotham build: #0202b

So, anyone with an ALSA sound card? Either USB or I2S?
I'd be interested to know if the sound card shows up in audio settings.
Do you get any sounds when selected?
omxplayer won't support it, but paplayer and dvdplayer may.

Note this is untested and experimental, so I'm not expecting it to work well, but I'd like to know if any ALSA cards are close to working.

My nuforce udac shows just fine in audio menu: default, analog and spdif. But I was not able to play anything with it, music, movies, gui sounds,.. nothing worked.
After updating to the latest build, it's no longer switching my TV to 25hz when watching 25fps 1280x720 BBC iPlayer downloads but 1080p/50hz instead.
(2014-02-03, 19:16)doveman2 Wrote: After updating to the latest build, it's no longer switching my TV to 25hz when watching 25fps 1280x720 BBC iPlayer downloads but 1080p/50hz instead.
I thought that is what it is supposed to do, as of a couple of builds ago:
Quote: Build Higlights:
The 3D Switching patch has been updated, removing the change to pick the smallest multiple of framerate rather than largest, so now 25Hz/50Hz etc. behaviour is restored, albeit at the cost of slightly increased load. Many thanks Popcornmix.
Just been testing the ALSA support with DVDPlayer playing local movie files (I rarely use XBMC for music).

My custom made UAC2 compliant stereo USB DAC is found and audio plays - however the sound is accompanied by some distortion that sounds like buffer under-run type glitching. This is by no means horrendous, but is still not quite adequate for general use. I tried the different settings for 'Output Configuration' (ie 'Best Matched','Optimized' or 'Fixed') to no-avail.

I'd have expected just a little tweaking of some of the ALSA parameters would help improve this, but then I'm no expert what so ever Wink
(2014-02-03, 19:21)allan87 Wrote:
(2014-02-03, 19:16)doveman2 Wrote: After updating to the latest build, it's no longer switching my TV to 25hz when watching 25fps 1280x720 BBC iPlayer downloads but 1080p/50hz instead.
I thought that is what it is supposed to do, as of a couple of builds ago:
Quote: Build Higlights:
The 3D Switching patch has been updated, removing the change to pick the smallest multiple of framerate rather than largest, so now 25Hz/50Hz etc. behaviour is restored, albeit at the cost of slightly increased load. Many thanks Popcornmix.

I don't know about that as I'm not using 3D but I'd have thought it better to match the framerate of the material exactly, no? If it doesn't actually make any difference whatsoever though, then no worries Smile
Lots of dvdplayer+omxcodec fixes have been pushed to newclock3.
Aspect ratio for non-square pixel videos should be fixed
Reduced GPU memory usage by 20M
Fixed issue with green flashes when playing software codec (e.g. divx3) after hardware codec
Fixed some crashes with ff/rew and when stopping/restarting
Fixed some omx_err situations
i've been testing dvdplayer as the video player and since i've last tried it a few weeks ago, it has improved greatly. GUI is smoother as well as fast forwarding and rewinding.Big Grinonly one youtube video was problematic. Overall i'm happy with it, and i'm keeping it as the default for now.

[edit]

After spending more time with dvdplayer, i have gone back to omxplayer (which i have no problems with). When dvdplayer do work it works smoother (you can tell by seeking and going through the osd menu while a movie is playing). But when it doesn't work it slows down the entire rpi. I also notice audio cannot be muted with dvdplayer on my rpi.
Has anyone tried testing with IFO/VOB rips of DVDs rather than ISO?

I tested earlier with two rips, With one, I couldn't get it to start at all with the first master IFO and only managed to get it to play with the first VOB of the main movie, which of course was only a short part (16mins I think) of the movie so it stopped at the end of that.

With the other, I got the menu playing but then couldn't do anything to make it start playing. After some time and mashing keys (not sure that made any difference) the movie did start playing but only audio, with the video stuck on a single frame. I'm not sure whether that was with dvdplayer or omxplayer but I got it playing with the other one but then the picture got stuck after ffwding/rewinding and after a while XBMC restarted.

I'll re-test with debugging on when I get a chance, so that I can upload the logs and note exactly what happens but thought I'd check if anyone else has had similar problems or if it's just not designed to play such rips at the moment?

By the way, what does the Hardware Acceleration (OpenMax) option in settings signify? It's on by default but I presume this isn't anything to do with accelerating those formats that the RPi does natively, as I can't imagine why anyone would would to disable this, particularly as the CPU isn't powerful enough to decode them by itself.
(2014-02-04, 02:25)doveman2 Wrote: By the way, what does the Hardware Acceleration (OpenMax) option in settings signify? It's on by default but I presume this isn't anything to do with accelerating those formats that the RPi does natively, as I can't imagine why anyone would would to disable this, particularly as the CPU isn't powerful enough to decode them by itself.

It does what you'd imagine. It will force software decode. It could make sense if you have, say an SD MPEG-4 video which is misbehaving.
The software decoder may be able to keep up. I can't imagine it to be frequently useful, but may be useful for debugging.
  • 183(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 223