• 4(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2
not sure if bug, but if pausing content and bringing up the onscreen stats it does not show cache updating, however it does when playing content.
(2013-07-25, 20:29)tuxen Wrote:
(2013-07-25, 18:34)pootler Wrote: hi tuxan,

this dev build is definetely promising.

I use a lot of live tv and it seems fine - except for the intermittent ''now playing'' menu

I get the intermittent menu on all video sources? - be it films or you tube, etc.
I use a hauppauge remote which can sometimes be a bit unresponsive, but the behaviour I mention is not usual Smile

I don't have any problem with speed of shutdown - in fact its the latest rbej builds that I have problems with in this - I also really struggle updating latest rbej builds, they all seem to crash on updating!

cheers

pootler
Yep.. There is a SQL error in the build though. Look at http://openelec.tv so we have to wait for 3.1.5

When I mentioned shutdown I meant the menu had to many options than nesseary. Wink
About updating and the menu, could it be maybe you are overclocked to high?

What do you use for live tv as its something I'd very much like to look into?

Thankfully, I don't do anything as sophisticated that requires mysql Smile
I am o/clocked ( and usb as /storage) so might pull it back a bit to see what happens

I use a hauppauge twin tv tuner (usb) via a powered hub.
I use both tvheadend which is very user friendly, and also VDR, which is a bit more complicated, but very good as well. Still deciding which I prefer, but the gui feels a bit more responsive using VDR - as if it using less resources?

I would say it is only in the last 2/3 months that live tv on the Pi has become a genuinely viable system.

Many thanks to everybodys hard work,

regards

pootler
Me neither with the sql.

I thought about going for the hauppage to. So it probably be that.

Thanks for your answer.

Regards

Edit: btw. 3.1.5 is out. Smile
Hey I need some help my raspberry pi not playing video only audio on live tv stream on my 512mb PI but it does play on my 256mb pi try raspbmc only shows video on the 256mb Pi on the 512mb only audio.Using Openelec rbji frodo last frodo build from rbji on both just audio no video .Yes i have both codecs keys for both Pi try on two 512mb PI and one 256 mb Pi.Solve thanks to Tuxen
I tried running with just the USB cable from the RPi to the hub and without the SD card in and my hub doesn't get warm at all like that.

With just the SD card in and not the USB stick, which /storage is on, so that OpenElec can't finish loading and halts at the OE splashscreen, the hub does get hot, so it's either the firmware or something in the initial stages of OE that's causing this.

I've tested with two boards and two cables, so it's not a faulty board or cable.

I hope this can be fixed as I'm not comfortable with my hub running hot all the time and it might be why I've had some of the problems I've encountered.
O.K - this is embarrassing Smile

I.ve been going on about an ''intermittent menu'' popping up in the latest builds along with a few other odd mouse behaviours - even though i don't use a mouse!

checked my o/clock settings - seemed o.k

checked power supplies - seemed o.k

welllll............turns out my little one had plugged a usb mouse (optical) into my hub and it was moving around occasionally, causing me much confusion!

I'm sure he thought it was funnySmile

pootler
Do you have img files so it can be installed from windows?
(2013-07-26, 19:52)doveman2 Wrote: I tried running with just the USB cable from the RPi to the hub and without the SD card in and my hub doesn't get warm at all like that.

With just the SD card in and not the USB stick, which /storage is on, so that OpenElec can't finish loading and halts at the OE splashscreen, the hub does get hot, so it's either the firmware or something in the initial stages of OE that's causing this.

I've tested with two boards and two cables, so it's not a faulty board or cable.

I hope this can be fixed as I'm not comfortable with my hub running hot all the time and it might be why I've had some of the problems I've encountered.
I don't see how you can come to any real conclusions without knowing what the software does to the hardware. You say that with the SD card in and the USB out and you are forcing a halt, you make an assumption that nothing is running. I would say your hub is getting hot because it's providing power to run the RPI and the internal power regulators are linear which produce heat. I also don't see how this relates to RPI test builds.

I would recommend you run through an ammeter between your hub and RPI and measure the current draw.
(2013-07-27, 03:49)JoeSchmuck Wrote: I don't see how you can come to any real conclusions without knowing what the software does to the hardware. You say that with the SD card in and the USB out and you are forcing a halt, you make an assumption that nothing is running. I would say your hub is getting hot because it's providing power to run the RPI and the internal power regulators are linear which produce heat. I also don't see how this relates to RPI test builds.

I would recommend you run through an ammeter between your hub and RPI and measure the current draw.

Well sure I have no idea what the software is doing to the hardware, so I'm posting about my problem in case someone can identify and fix it. I can't say if it's anything specific to the test builds or if it's just the standard firmware that's the problem at the moment. It would be useful to hear from others using hubs, whether theirs are getting hot as well.

I'm not assuming that nothing is running when I force a halt, only that XBMC isn't loaded at this point, so it's some part of the firmware/software that precedes that which appears to be the problem.

My hub doesn't provide backpower to the RPi, which I've confirmed by testing without the power to the GPIO and just the USB lead from the powered hub to the RPi.
@doveman2

I sent you a PM about this hub problem. It should help out quite a lot.
For starters, it would take you two minutes to install 3.0.6, or another release version, to see whether your problem has anything to do with the test build. If not, you are posting to a thread that has no relation to your problem, which makes it unlikely you will get any help. It also clutters the thread.
(2013-07-27, 02:39)Mafarricos Wrote: Do you have img files so it can be installed from windows?

You can find image files for 1 GB sdcards at http://openelec.thestateofme.com/ for example and update them with the files included in test builds. Alternatively, there are guides which describe how to format your sdcard under windows appropriately. Koloss has posted one earlier. The copy and pasting at the end of the guide can be done with explorer to make things easier Wink
Quote: 2013-07-23 22:07 Post: #1
Updated Gotham Branch

after hard setup of this build and testing a longer time can say this build works well here.
It was bit hard to setup because NTP (time) only worked with update. Maybe best way is to use 3.0.6 then make your time settings and update.
(also tryed out to edit or overwrite guisettings.xml but wasn´t working).

Channel switching times are perfect and i find out, liveTV is 100% lipsync only if i use mp2 audio.
*story*
after noticed the a/v difereces (this was driving me crazy) i tryed out several tv cards,pvr backends and distros. Also tryed out to tune A/Vsyncs in XBMC but thinking this make it more worse.
Today i noticed that streams come out from my tvcard in different audiotyps. So used mp2audio for stantard and all my livetvstream was in sync Big Grin
this cost me hours.
*/story*

My other card (Technotrend) got stange artefact but this maybe was not an proper setup.
New Spinner looks nice and i think its a bit faster than stock

things to improve:
bluethoose seems to be not working
var/settings/conf in bootup
ntp
picture-bug (this is fixed in Frodo builds)
don´t know why can´t connect putty, or ssh sometime (first have to test this again)

so rbej your changes are great, can´t wait for your next build

btw: does this means we can do menu sounds ?
(2013-07-27, 16:26)Trickname Wrote: btw: does this means we can do menu sounds ?

Needs this as well:
https://github.com/popcornmix/xbmc/commi...91667f8913
@popcornmix:

Sometmes i have in movies little stuttering! I use AV-Receiver, DTS passthrought!
What is the problem for stuttering?

I heard a problem is dts file with nothing passthrought, but i use passthrought!

The mkv-File has this codec:

Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : [email protected]
Format settings, CABAC : Ja
Format settings, ReFrames : 5 frames
Codec ID : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
Frame rate mode : konstant
Frame rate : 23,976 FPS
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 223