• 9(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2
(2013-07-31, 19:31)Paulnd Wrote: I also use a HD44780 and the lcdproc addon 2.3.0 with a modified hd44780 driver.

It generally behaves itself but with the latest Gotham build I get connection errors and then a timeout, works when I revert to the 23 July build

Arr okay. I use the GPIO connector, and the new hd44780.so driver, from lcdproc 0.5.7. The openELEC build, has only the old/off.release lcdproc driver, and is not supporting the GPIO connector, on the Raspberry. So I have no other problems, on the new Rbej build.
Updated Gotham Branch

- updated Xbmc Gotham

- fixes for trickplay

- support both analogue and hdmi audio (updated)

- fix the non-trivial dirty rectangle modes (updated)

- add screenshot implementation that includes video layer (updated)

http://netlir.dk/rbej/builds/

http://lysin.me/rbej

I test the new build tomorrow, what is trickplay?

Dirty rectangles... Is fast GUI?
(2013-07-31, 23:13)Koloss Wrote: I test the new build tomorrow, what is trickplay?
Trickplay is fastforward and rewind.

(2013-07-31, 23:13)Koloss Wrote: Dirty rectangles... Is fast GUI?
See:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1469904
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Dirty_regions
July 31 update: Skip, including big skip and commercial skip are still broken in Myth PVR, as they have been since the July 8, 2013 Rbej build. This, and another likely related bug have not been corrected as of the July 31 build. Skip works correctly in Gotham alpha 5 (tested in OS X), suggesting that the issue is with something in the Rbej build. Details:

1. Skip: Instead of skipping, the playback hiccups for a second and resumes approximately from where you left off.

2. When you pause or skip, the display at the top right corner reports incorrect information. The time fields are reversed and the reported program length has no apparent connection to reality. Right now, paused 30 seconds into a half hour show, it says "14:03:06 - 00:33".

These problems were introduced in the same build as the experimental FF feature.
I just recently started using your builds after sticking with the first official openelec release for the Pi, and would like to thank you for the efforts. I have run into one hitch, your 7/31 build has disabled my Windows Media Center remote. When I reverted back to the 7/23 version it is working again. I will try 7/29 tomorrow to figure out where exactly the problem occurs.
Just tried the 7/31 and rebooting from the gui is still hit and miss. The on- screen menus and interface are laggy and slow. Still getting incorrect time on my logs.

But nevertheless. .....I appreciate the opportunity to test it as it it much better than the official OpenElec build.
Just tried 31/7 build but I am getting lock up with PVR (I use ArgusTV) which I'm sure was not problem with previous builds could this be down to updated Analogue/HDMI Audio.

FF/Rew seem a little improved but anything greater than 4x has static image (appears like white almost like photo negative).
Navigation with FF/Rew ok.
Sometimes with H264 .ts files initial small/big steps do not respond to settings (either default or to my own modified advancedsettings). If these keys are held down for about 15/20sec then video sorts itself out and works correctly.
Finally on screen clock is 1hr out, I live in UK but even with correct regional setting and location it is still not showing UK BST. I even tried to fool system by saying I was in Netherlands but clock still the same?

Keep up the good work last few builds are really making headway.
(2013-08-01, 15:42)evanspae Wrote: Finally on screen clock is 1hr out, I live in UK but even with correct regional setting and location it is still not showing UK BST. I even tried to fool system by saying I was in Netherlands but clock still the same?

I add:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <locale>
        <country>UK (24h)</country>
        <language>English</language>
        <timezone>Europe/London</timezone>
        <timezonecountry>Britain (UK)</timezonecountry>
    </locale>
</advancedsettings>
to .xbmc/userdata/advancedsettings.xml
Updated Gotham Branch

- updated Xbmc Gotham to Alpha 7 (native 3D support)

- fix audio sync with visualisation

http://netlir.dk/rbej/builds/

http://lysin.me/rbej

(2013-08-01, 05:34)monogoat Wrote: I just recently started using your builds after sticking with the first official openelec release for the Pi, and would like to thank you for the efforts. I have run into one hitch, your 7/31 build has disabled my Windows Media Center remote. When I reverted back to the 7/23 version it is working again. I will try 7/29 tomorrow to figure out where exactly the problem occurs.

I can now confirm the MCE remote does not respond with either the 7/29 or 7/31 builds. Moving back to the 7/23 build makes the remote work again. Is there any difference that could affect input devices?
No. I no change anything.

Are there any plans to integrate the resolution switch for gui rendering into the official builds? It's the most interesting feature in rbej's builds and I don't see any reasons anymore not to include it. It is well tested now and performs excellent on my 256 MB rpi with rbej's recommended settings of 900 as guires and 100 MB memory assigned to gpu. An unexperienced user wouldn't create its own advancedsettengs file and therefore the risk of confusing users is low. If integrated in the settings dialog, with gotham it could be made visible to experienced users only. This is my biggest whish for the coming releases! Wink
(2013-08-01, 21:46)hpbaxxter Wrote: Are there any plans to integrate the resolution switch for gui rendering into the official builds?

Xbmc Team not approve change gui resolution for Rpi.

That's really annoying. However, XBian and Raspbmc offer the possibility to render gui in higher resolution than 720p, so I think openelec shouldn't lag behind them. They could just adopt the patch to the official builds the same way you do for your test builds ...
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 223