• 16(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2
Tried the 08.09 and it doesn't recognize the GPIO IR Remote. 08.08 works though.
(2013-08-10, 12:31)MilhouseVH Wrote:
(2013-08-10, 12:04)SeniorPC Wrote: Hi
Where to get the imagefiles for RaspBerry of these new version 3.1.5 ?
I can only find 3.06 version images.

Thank you

You can find test builds of 3.1.5 on the OpenELEC website.

My first post here, turned out to be a dupe even though I tried a reply. Sorry.... Forum manager please delete.
Reply to Post #222 @MilhouseVH, I don't know how it ended up un-threaded. New here, sorry...

Anyway:

I came here looking for an answer to the same question SeriorPC posted... I need an .img file to install to an SD card from Windows using the likes of a Windows disk image writing tool. Not the .tar build files from the OpenELEC downloads page, which AFAIK do not work with the likes of a Windows disk image writer applications. I'm using OpenELEC 3.0.6 RPi-B at writing time from a .img download. But I cannot find any later version .img OpenELEC file anywhere online. Installing a .img to SD card is so easy. Yes I've read all the install Wiki stuff related to this I can find.

Maybe I'm missing something on this subject??

Thanks, David
On this occasion, XBMC locked up whilst I was scrolling through the Timeline EPG, without any video playing. From the logs I can see that it continued doing stuff for several minutes after my last Down keypress, when it locked up and TOP showed xbmc.bin using 99% CPU again.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=44038

I am using an overclock of 1000/333 and overvoltage=6. Could this be causing it to lock up like this?

EDIT: I tried disabling the 333 overclock, so it was just 1000 and overvoltage=6 and after that it was locking up as soon as I pressed Guide to open the EPG. I rebooted and tried again and the same thing happened. It's weird as I'd been using this overclock for a while and don't recall having any problems and only added the 333 part recently.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=44062
According to jhsrennie in this ticket, http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/14116#comment:4, the volume and channel keys not repeating is due to the OS not sending repeat events for these keys, as it does for the D-pad keys for example. As you can see from my log here http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=44039 between 18:42:01 and 18:42:11 where I held down RIGHT, it logs repeated "OnKey: 168 (0xa8) pressed, action is Right" events, so I presume that these events are generated by the OS, not XBMC. Holding the Volume and Channel keys doesn't do this.

I'm not sure if this is something that can be fixed by rbej but wasn't sure where else to report it.
install latest OpenELEC_Gotham-RPi.arm-devel-20130809113639-r15364 and my remote not working with this release so i connect to ssh to see what is problem
OpenELEC:~ # irw
connect: No such file or directory
wtf, remote profile is inside /etc/eventlircd.d/cypress.evmap and it is ok
(2013-08-10, 19:57)doveman2 Wrote: According to jhsrennie in this ticket, http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/14116#comment:4, the volume and channel keys not repeating is due to the OS not sending repeat events for these keys, as it does for the D-pad keys for example. As you can see from my log here http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=44039 between 18:42:01 and 18:42:11 where I held down RIGHT, it logs repeated "OnKey: 168 (0xa8) pressed, action is Right" events, so I presume that these events are generated by the OS, not XBMC. Holding the Volume and Channel keys doesn't do this.

I'm not sure if this is something that can be fixed by rbej but wasn't sure where else to report it.

+1 for this
(2013-08-10, 18:01)Parallel Wrote: I came here looking for an answer to the same question SeriorPC posted... I need an .img file to install to an SD card from Windows using the likes of a Windows disk image writing tool. Not the .tar build files from the OpenELEC downloads page, which AFAIK do not work with the likes of a Windows disk image writer applications. I'm using OpenELEC 3.0.6 RPi-B at writing time from a .img download. But I cannot find any later version .img OpenELEC file anywhere online. Installing a .img to SD card is so easy. Yes I've read all the install Wiki stuff related to this I can find.

Maybe I'm missing something on this subject??

Thanks, David

You won't find a test version as an image file - there's just no point producing an image file for every test version as it's so easy to upgrade (or downgrade) from one version to another. You'll only find images for release versions.

So just upgrade your 3.0.6 installation to 3.1.5 by dropping the SYSTEM, KERNEL, SYSTEM.MD5 and KERNEL.MD5 files in the Update folder and reboot. You can find these four files in the "target" folder of the 3.1.5 tar file. If you want to go back to 3.0.6, extract the same files from the 3.0.6 tar/image, drop them in your 3.1.5 Update folder, reboot and you're back running 3.0.6.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2013-08-09, 14:35)SSC_Jarod Wrote:
(2013-08-09, 12:39)unix72 Wrote: I play with openelec/rbej build already for some time.
until rbej build 31.7.2013 i can play a SBS3D film on my NON 3D TV without any problem (only 1 Picture on screen)

After that I couldn't see any 3D Film any more. There's always 2 Picture on screen.
I already try to set the 3D mode at Watch as 2D, but it still shows 2 pic. on screen.

could someone help me and tell me, what have I done wrong?

Many thanks and sorry for my bad english. I hope
you could understand me.

EDIT: I use Gotham Build

Try to set the 3D mode to "None".
This helps me to make my 3D TV to switch automaticly to 3D mode and if turn the 3D mode on tv off, i see the Movie in 2D.

if that fails, rename a part of the movie to "xxxx3DSBS.mkv" or "xxxx3DTAB.mkv (bei HOU movies)..

This helps on my and my girlfriends pi (none 3D TV) to watch in 3D automaticly or in 2D.

And you MUST under Palyback the "Adjust display refresh rate" set to ALWAYS otherwise he didnt recognise the 3D on my pi and plays it only 2D. But maybe, in your case i could help to turn off to see 2D. Must try these possibilities Wink

Greetz,
J.

Hi Jarrod,

Clean Rbej 8/9/2013 Gotham Build Install.
Filename already have ....3DSBS.mkv
Setting Pref. Mode and 3D Mode at none, Video playback refresh rate at always. Result 2 Picture on my Normal TV.
do you have another idea? .. thanks
(2013-08-11, 21:15)unix72 Wrote:
(2013-08-09, 14:35)SSC_Jarod Wrote:
(2013-08-09, 12:39)unix72 Wrote: I play with openelec/rbej build already for some time.
until rbej build 31.7.2013 i can play a SBS3D film on my NON 3D TV without any problem (only 1 Picture on screen)

After that I couldn't see any 3D Film any more. There's always 2 Picture on screen.
I already try to set the 3D mode at Watch as 2D, but it still shows 2 pic. on screen.

could someone help me and tell me, what have I done wrong?

Many thanks and sorry for my bad english. I hope
you could understand me.

EDIT: I use Gotham Build

Try to set the 3D mode to "None".
This helps me to make my 3D TV to switch automaticly to 3D mode and if turn the 3D mode on tv off, i see the Movie in 2D.

if that fails, rename a part of the movie to "xxxx3DSBS.mkv" or "xxxx3DTAB.mkv (bei HOU movies)..

This helps on my and my girlfriends pi (none 3D TV) to watch in 3D automaticly or in 2D.

And you MUST under Palyback the "Adjust display refresh rate" set to ALWAYS otherwise he didnt recognise the 3D on my pi and plays it only 2D. But maybe, in your case i could help to turn off to see 2D. Must try these possibilities Wink

Greetz,
J.

Hi Jarrod,

Clean Rbej 8/9/2013 Gotham Build Install.
Filename already have ....3DSBS.mkv
Setting Pref. Mode and 3D Mode at none, Video playback refresh rate at always. Result 2 Picture on my Normal TV.
do you have another idea? .. thanks

Hi,

do you play from a Raspberry? Cause if dont, this could be the reason.

Greetz, J.
Hi Jarrod,

Yes ... I'm playing with Raspberry Model B 256MB ..
Hmm then i dont understand this, caus i ve a 2nd rasp on my monitor by my Server for testing Purposes and this (non 3D) plays the movies in 2D .... I ve the revision B with 512 MB Rasp. Sorry... Sad

Greetz,
J.
hmmm ... could you send me your guisettings.xml and advancesettings.xml ?? perhaps you have other settings than mine ??

regards
E
(2013-08-11, 22:28)unix72 Wrote: hmmm ... could you send me your guisettings.xml and advancesettings.xml ?? perhaps you have other settings than mine ??

regards
E

PM for youWink
Updated Gotham Branch

- updated Xbmc Gotham

- [rbp/omxplayer] Handle displaytime more like omxplayer

- [rbp/omxplayer] Fix check for contiguous audio buffers

- [OverlayRenderGL] Fix corrupt pixels in graphical subs

- [rbp/omxplayer] Don't try to set volume before pipeline is created

- [rbp/omxplayer] Avoid loss of volume messages

http://netlir.dk/rbej/builds/

http://lysin.me/rbej