• 20(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2
(2013-08-17, 15:59)spjonez Wrote: How do you update your library in this build? The context menu options have changed and update library is gone.

See https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/3017 for details.

Update library is in the blade on the left of screen (so press left on confluence).
I keep getting weird lockups all too often. It does seem to tend to happen when returning from Settings to Home. In this case, I'd just re-enabled themoviedb.org plugin.

I mashed the keys for a while when I noticed it had locked up to register in the log. 1h20mins later and the GUI is still unresponsive but it still seems to be running along in the background. I pressed some more keys at the end to show it's still receiving them.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=46419
I must admit I've had more unexplained lockups (hard lockups - requiring power cylces) with stock 3.1.5+ (latest github builds) than any other recent version. Can't yet put my finger on the cause. I've had hard locks 5 minutes after booting, and also 36 hours after booting, no real correlation - prior to 3.1.5 all has been rock solid.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2013-08-16, 08:19)Koloss Wrote: We have 2 reboot problems with builds:

Problems
1. The Pi reboot button did not reboot, Restart only disconnect power cable and connect
2. Reboot button restart but it hangs on xbmc media center logo, disconnect lan cable before the pi restarts

OpenELEC_Gotham-RPi.arm-devel-20130802131013-r15231 (1. Problem)
OpenELEC_Gotham-RPi.arm-devel-20130806070707-r15231 (1. Problem)
OpenELEC_Gotham-RPi.arm-devel-20130808212132-r15231 (1. Problem)
OpenELEC_Gotham-RPi.arm-devel-20130809113639-r15364 (2. Problem)
OpenELEC_Gotham-RPi.arm-devel-20130815000507-r15364 (2. Problem)

@rbej, can you test this?
Updated Gotham Branch

- updated Xbmc Gotham

- updated OpenElec build

- updated firmware and kernel (3.10.7)

- [utils] speed up sorting code used by library views

- PR3104

http://netlir.dk/rbej/builds/

http://lysin.me/rbej

Make sure to update your advancedsettings.xml for PR:3104 - OE does by default now shipping 4.0

which means: max 4 times of the average data rate of the movie is used to fill the cache. We chose this value with raw blurays in mind in ratio to the cache. Or in other words, if network is fast enough, cache is filed in 1/4 of time.

This should bring massive improvement for wireless streaming in general. Example: When we think of a wireless lan, that does 10 times "get me some data" and cause of bad reception and so on 5 times won't get anything. When increasing the reading rate, you need less succesful amounts of "get some data"s but your cache won't run empty, cause of the higher transfer speed.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Do you guys have audio? Audio output device showing error and I hear some strange sleeker noise.
In connected directly to TV via HDMI. Working on 3.1.5
Thanks
No problems with audio from HDMI.

@fritsch

I am quiet new so please have patience.........
What should I update in in my advancedsettings.xml ? <alwaysforcebuffer> from 0 to 4 ?
(2013-08-18, 11:19)fritsch Wrote: Make sure to update your advancedsettings.xml for PR:3104 - OE does by default now shipping 4.0

which means: max 4 times of the average data rate of the movie is used to fill the cache. We chose this value with raw blurays in mind in ratio to the cache. Or in other words, if network is fast enough, cache is filed in 1/4 of time.

This should bring massive improvement for wireless streaming in general. Example: When we think of a wireless lan, that does 10 times "get me some data" and cause of bad reception and so on 5 times won't get anything. When increasing the reading rate, you need less succesful amounts of "get some data"s but your cache won't run empty, cause of the higher transfer speed.

what do I need to update with this? what lines do I nees to add or can I just use the advanced settings from the same sitr as the testbuilds
Add this to network section

<readBufferFactor>4.0</readBufferFactor>

@ Rbej Thanx !

And thumbs up for the builds
(2013-08-17, 23:00)MilhouseVH Wrote: I must admit I've had more unexplained lockups (hard lockups - requiring power cylces) with stock 3.1.5+ (latest github builds) than any other recent version. Can't yet put my finger on the cause. I've had hard locks 5 minutes after booting, and also 36 hours after booting, no real correlation - prior to 3.1.5 all has been rock solid.

Oh well, at least it's not just me then Wink

I've been running an overclock of 1000/333 with overvoltage=6 but just tried bumping it up to 1000/450. It started LiveTV, opened the EPG again and then it just crashed, repeating a loop of 1s of sound constantly. I checked top and xbmc was only using 1.6% CPU now and nothing else was using much either. I couldn't even reboot from the command line and had to kill the power (it accepted the command and locked the console as it normally does but nothing happened and when I closed the console I could reconnect again).

So I guess I'll just have to content myself with 1000/333. We should probably use something like prime95 on the PC to check our overclocks are stable, rather than taking a chance and not knowing if any problems are due to the overclock or some bug but I'm not sure if there's anything like that available for the RPi.

I don't suppose there's going to be anything useful in the logs but anyway http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=46753
(2013-08-18, 14:20)rbej Wrote: Add this to network section

<readBufferFactor>4.0</readBufferFactor>

Only for WLAN?
(2013-08-18, 14:32)doveman2 Wrote: but I'm not sure if there's anything like that available for the RPi.

On Raspbian you can install the stress package which can help test the CPU and memory. Testing the GPU overclock is trickier, Quake used to be a good test for that, maybe running omxplayer at the Raspbian command line could give an indication of stability.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 223