• 24(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2
(2013-08-20, 17:08)popcornmix Wrote: In the "bad" case, does the buffering occur once (or a small number of times) and then settle down?
Or does it buffer periodically throughout the movie?

It buffers periodically throughout the movie.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2013-08-20, 17:20)mike7 Wrote: I post a sample clip test.mkv

Yes, that's buffering for me with the default ac3 5.1 audio stream selected, even when playing from the beginning (it's too short to set a resume point).

It stutters at first, then stalls after about 25 seconds as it begins to fill the buffer, which then runs down to 0% just as the sample ends. I wonder if the CPU being maxed out (according to the codec info, CPU is loaded at close to 100% most of the time) prevents effective buffering?

My Pi is overclocked 1000 ARM, 500 Core, 600 SD RAM, with force_turbo enabled.

Edit: I just tried this sample with the Jul 21 build which plays Blade Runner without a problem, and this too buffers towards the end just as the bitrate hits 35Mb/s which may be too much for the Pi (plus all the streams). With the 21 Jul build, Blade Runner seems to average CPU load of ~90%, bit rates of about 15-24Mb/s, with the buffer averaging 60% (B 60%/vq 60%) sometimes 100%, and vb bouncing around between 0 and 81920, but mostly 0.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2013-08-20, 17:38)MilhouseVH Wrote: CPU is loaded at close to 100% most of the time) prevents effective buffering?

Depends on "streaming", with fstab nfs is close to 100%, with xbmc nfs is about 80-85%.
I have files with higher overall bitrate, but without TrueHD, I can watch them without any stops, CPU is about 50-60%
I'm using xbmc nfs right now.
(2013-08-20, 18:08)MilhouseVH Wrote: I'm using xbmc nfs right now.
You get a lot better results with OS mounts and udp/big rsize.
(2013-08-20, 17:21)MilhouseVH Wrote: It buffers periodically throughout the movie.

Okay, that shouldn't be caused by new buffering scheme - after a few buffers you are back on the old buffer threshold size.
(2013-08-20, 18:08)MilhouseVH Wrote: I'm using xbmc nfs right now.

Tested on raspbmc, 128k default rsize with fstab nfs gives me up to 10 MB/s (checked with)
May be 35 Mb/s is very high, will try to find or create sample with higher bitrate without TrueHD.
(2013-08-20, 18:11)popcornmix Wrote: You get a lot better results with OS mounts and udp/big rsize.

Yes, but I also get better results with the 21 Jul build while using XBMC NFS mounts, so it's not really the mount type that is the issue (for me). At least not as far as Blade Runner is concerned, it's something else post 21 Jul...
(2013-08-20, 18:33)MilhouseVH Wrote: Yes, but I also get better results with the 21 Jul build while using XBMC NFS mounts, so it's not really the mount type that is the issue (for me). At least not as far as Blade Runner is concerned, it's something else post 21 Jul...

Agreed. If an earlier build coped better with the same setup, then we should aim to get that behaviour back, rather than workaround it.
(2013-08-08, 16:00)SSC_Jarod Wrote:
(2013-08-07, 11:02)SSC_Jarod Wrote:
(2013-08-06, 11:48)popcornmix Wrote: Can you try this build:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1478186

Hi, thx for the Link i ll try on Weekend, cause im on a business trip, sadly Sad

Greetz,
J.

Hello Popcornmix,

Couldnt wait, made the update via VNC from my server to rasp and my Girlfriend tested it. 3D is with setting switched to NONE is back to normal and the TV goes straight in 3D Mode like in the previous Build! Thx for that!!!

And this build takes my mysql database without any harm to the new 76 Database and works like the old Database 75!
First i didnt noticed at all, i saw it on my mysql admin tool on server. This is the first Time that it worked without any data loss or to make a complet new DB. Thx for that Team XBMC!!

Cu
J

Along the Buffer discussion and to test the new 18.08. Branch, i figured out, that the 3D Problem ist sadly back. I only updated and change nothing in my 3D Settings in XBMC (use prefered mode; and prefered mode= NONE), and it only displays me two pictures and doesn't go automaticly in 3D Mode on my TV. BTW on my second (none 3D TV) it displays two SBS Pictures also. Before the new Build there it goes to display normal 2D Picture.

Greetz,
J.
Updated Gotham Branch

- updated Xbmc Gotham

- updated OpenElec build

- updated kernel (3.8.10)

http://netlir.dk/rbej/builds/

http://lysin.me/rbej

Kernel is 3.10.8

Reboot problem not fixed!

Example: The Pi reboot 10x and then not reboot! Later 5x not reboot then 10x reboot.

Please debug this.
Hey all.

I've been having problems with the last few builds. When I go into system/video, the PI automatically starts to cycle through resolutions (from 1280x720, then through pc resolutions), until it crashes, and restarts xbmc. It starts and stays in the 1920x1080 resolution fine, but since the video is somewhat zoomed, I need to go into system/video to adjust this. The second I go in there, the resolutions start skipping about (and creating lots of resolution entries in the guisettings.xml file).

I was hoping there'd be something in the log files while this happens, but there's nothing there.

Anything I can do to get more verbose information ?
Latest build still (EDIT: restarts XBMC, not reboots, sorry :END EDIT) when changing view mode in any view except Movies (Videos, TV Shows, Music, Pictures).

Also still plays 1-2s, freezes for several seconds, then resumes when skipping forward a chapter in a DVD (VOB) rip.

EDIT: I tried clearing out ./storage and testing fresh with Confluence and it still restarts when changing view mode.

EDIT: Disabled my overclock just in case. That just made it worse and it restarts on changing view in Movies as well now. Actually no, that's only with Confluence Modified, if I switch back to xTV-SAF it doesn't restart in Movies, only the other views as before.
doveman, lordvader

i had similar behaviours but figured this are Confluence changes.
All i did was a byside installation of plugin.skin.confluence FRODO (you have do edit ID in addon.xml)
and all works glorious whit rbejs build here Laugh

but havenend tryed newest build yet

i also had bootmsgs in a own compiled version newer date
  • 24(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 223