• 25(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2
@Trickname,

I have the same problems with xTV-SAF skin (my normal skin) though, so it can't be an issue with Confluence that's causing them I don't think.

Didn't have this problem with rebooting when changing view mode with the 23/07 build either.
Wow, boot time is wunderfull !!!! (21-08)

this is an awesome build
try
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=145080 @ doveman
(2013-08-21, 17:09)Trickname Wrote: try
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=145080 @ doveman

Same problem Sad
Guess, please test 20 Reboots! Disconnect power cable!
I have an audio problem that I'm hoping to find a fix for. I have a viewhd http://www.amazon.com/ViewHD-Powered-Spl...B002673EW6 hooked up to my Z5500 http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-THX-Certi...B0002WPSBC unfortunately, when I open a movie, the AVR becomes unresponsive and reboots (takes about 30s). When it comes back, I have audio. This also happens sometimes in the middle of watching a movie, usually at scene changes (I think probably the audio changes but I don't know). Does anyone else have similar setup and experience the same problem? I don't know even if it is Pi specific, but I sort of think that it might be. Thanks.
(2013-08-21, 18:45)Bonzi Wrote: when I open a movie, the AVR becomes unresponsive and reboots (takes about 30s). When it comes back, I have audio.

It shouldn't be possible for the Pi to cause an AVR to reboot, whatever audio we output.
Might be worth reporting the problem to Logitech or finding out if there's a way of updating its firmware.

I'd also suggest disabling/enabling DTS/AC3 passthrough to see if that avoids the problem.
(2013-08-21, 11:44)rbej Wrote: Updated Gotham Branch

- updated Xbmc Gotham

- updated OpenElec build

- updated kernel (3.8.10)

http://netlir.dk/rbej/builds/

http://lysin.me/rbej

On initial testing, re sorting of video's etc seems good no reboot.
Look forward to fuller testing but seems very promising. Big GrinBig Grin
(2013-08-20, 18:57)popcornmix Wrote:
(2013-08-20, 18:33)MilhouseVH Wrote: Yes, but I also get better results with the 21 Jul build while using XBMC NFS mounts, so it's not really the mount type that is the issue (for me). At least not as far as Blade Runner is concerned, it's something else post 21 Jul...

Agreed. If an earlier build coped better with the same setup, then we should aim to get that behaviour back, rather than workaround it.

I took a guess, that if the regression is in omxplayer code, then bisecting the frodo_rbp_backports tree should find it.
And as all omxplayer commits are consecutive there, the bisect will be quicker than on gotham.

Using a file with an unused TrueHD audio track, the frodo end of frodo_rbp_backports is buffering less than the newest end.
So I should be able to track this down.
(2013-08-21, 23:18)popcornmix Wrote: I took a guess, that if the regression is in omxplayer code, then bisecting the frodo_rbp_backports tree should find it.
And as all omxplayer commits are consecutive there, the bisect will be quicker than on gotham.

Using a file with an unused TrueHD audio track, the frodo end of frodo_rbp_backports is buffering less than the newest end.
So I should be able to track this down.

Found it. We update buffering stats once per packet received. Typically there are 24 of these for video, and slightly more for audio per second.
The stats info involves querying the gpu for the current media time. Talking to the gpu is a little expensive (but fine for ~100 call per second).

However TrueHD audio generates thousands of packets per second. We discard them after receiving them, but they still trigger the media time request to gpu.
Thousands of gpu requests per second is enough to slow things down.

I need to add a rate limiter so gpu is only queried a maximum of, say, 50 or 100 times per second.
(2013-08-21, 15:22)Koloss Wrote: Kernel is 3.10.8

Reboot problem not fixed!

Example: The Pi reboot 10x and then not reboot! Later 5x not reboot then 10x reboot.

Please debug this.

Why ignore my problem with reboot? Openelec 3.1.6 has no problem!
(2013-08-21, 23:51)popcornmix Wrote: Found it. We update buffering stats once per packet received. Typically there are 24 of these for video, and slightly more for audio per second.
The stats info involves querying the gpu for the current media time. Talking to the gpu is a little expensive (but fine for ~100 call per second).

However TrueHD audio generates thousands of packets per second. We discard them after receiving them, but they still trigger the media time request to gpu.
Thousands of gpu requests per second is enough to slow things down.

I need to add a rate limiter so gpu is only queried a maximum of, say, 50 or 100 times per second.

Fix added to newclock3 and frodo_rbp_backports branches.
Excellent - the new build has fixed my issue with view and sort options - thank you!

However I have found another problem which my have been there previously, but I'm not sure - when I select 'Show Information' for a Video file or Movie it plays the file rather than showing the information screen. This means I can't refresh / rescrape the files and change art, etc. TV Shows do however allow access to the TV Show Information screen.

EDIT: Found the solution - I didn't have Universal Movie Scraper installed. Added that and it all works fine.
(2013-08-22, 01:55)popcornmix Wrote: Fix added to newclock3 and frodo_rbp_backports branches.

Thank you a lot, will wait for new Sam's build.

PS. Is multichannel PCM support also added? If not could you please backport?
(2013-08-22, 00:17)Koloss Wrote:
(2013-08-21, 15:22)Koloss Wrote: Kernel is 3.10.8

Reboot problem not fixed!

Example: The Pi reboot 10x and then not reboot! Later 5x not reboot then 10x reboot.

Please debug this.

Why ignore my problem with reboot? Openelec 3.1.6 has no problem!

Do you understand that im not developer and i no fixed any issues.

OE 3.1.6 include Frodo, not Gotham.

• 25(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 223