• 35(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2
(2013-08-26, 19:36)evanspae Wrote: No, I found reboot just overwrites setting although manually inputed locale time settings seems to remain?.... therefore only option is manually calibrate take a copy.. for info.. but dont reboot otherwise you just have to start all over again.

Ah, that's no good then. I thought it was just advancedsettings that was getting overwritten Sad
Did a fresh install and booting now from NFS with turbo overclock 1000/500/500/6, but still the GUI is noticeable lagging since 22.08. booting from the 21.08 build and everything is fast as usual again.

Maybe someone forgot to apply a performance patch or something like that? Tongue
Is it me or is 3.1.6 having issue with video/audio sync? It looks like the audio is a little bit off at the end of the video.
(2013-08-26, 22:05)kraades Wrote: Is it me or is 3.1.6 having issue with video/audio sync? It looks like the audio is a little bit off at the end of the video.

I did find I had to push the audio to + something the other day when watching some downloaded episodes as they were very noticeably out of sync but not when I watched them on my PC with MediaPortal.

Watching LiveTV was in sync without the offset though.

I've watched some more episodes today, without the offset I think (I don't think I saved it as default) and haven't noticed any sync problems though. In fact, they seem a bit more jerky on the PC, which might be because they're 23.976fps going into a 60hz TV and maybe the RPi/XBMC can handle that better than MediaPortal/LAV codec.
I have it on all content (at least on all h.264/ac-3 content).
Just got a new tv, when I am scrolling around the screen will flash black for a split second at random? Its like the signal is dropping out, seems to happen more often the faster I scroll around. Just wanna make sure its not the actual tv.

EDIT

Found this thread on the issue: http://forum.stmlabs.com/showthread.php?tid=1385&page=3

(Was using early model R-Pi 256mb)

Changed HDMI Cable - Problem persisted

I had 512mb sitting around. Plugged that in - No signal loss

I though it might have been overclocking settings on 256mb, removed all config.txt settings - Problem persisted

I though image or settings may be cause, put working SD card from 512mb in to 256mb - Problem persisted

Put SD card from 256mb in to 512mb - No signal loss

So the issue is definitely the 256mb R-Pi.

It worked perfectly with old tv. I suspect some sort of power issue. I remember early on there was some issue with the R-Pi where it was leaking power over one of the HDMI pin to tvs. Some people were doing something like bending a pin on the HDMI cable.

Anyone shed any more light on this? Is this potentially dangerous to your tv?
Couple other things cropped up,

First issue, MKV playback failed. (Seems resolved)

I tried playing back some mkv files but they wouldnt play, it looked they were going to start but then they wouldnt Other files seemed to play, mp4, etc The exact same image/SD in 256mb R-Pi and the same files played. Was official 3.0.4 updated to 3.0.6 seems to work now.

Second issue, CEC with LG tv. (Still issue)

If I change input on old tv (LW9500) CEC stops working. Turning off 'simplink' off then back made it work again.

On new tv (55LA8600), same issue. Except you cannot change back to the HDMI input. So you have to turn it off, change input, then turn it back on, . Went from two button presses to resume functionality to about twelve button press procedure to resume functionality, slightly more annoying.

Edit arhh! Flicking 'simplink' on/off on new set also changes the tv's audio setting from external to tv speakers, for whatever stupid reason!
I've noticed that StepForward/Back doesn't seem to work properly with TV, whether Live or Recorded.

What happens is that instead of jumping forward the proper amount (currently 30s) it only skips 1s (or 2s for BigStep). This happened with a Recording last night but then after repeatedly doing this, at some point it starting working properly, so I'm not sure what the issue is.

I've noticed there's a 128MB swapfile created on /storage (I can't recall exactly where). I understand this isn't used by default so is it OK to delete it? It's not that I need the space but it makes it takes a fair bit longer when backing up/restoring /storage with WinSCP so I'm trying to eliminate any unnecessary files.
(2013-08-28, 03:22)Wanderlei Wrote: Just got a new tv, when I am scrolling around the screen will flash black for a split second at random? Its like the signal is dropping out, seems to happen more often the faster I scroll around. Just wanna make sure its not the actual tv.

Might be worth trying the boost parameter from here:
http://elinux.org/R-Pi_Troubleshooting#I...VI_monitor
(2013-08-28, 12:32)popcornmix Wrote: Might be worth trying the boost parameter from here:
http://elinux.org/R-Pi_Troubleshooting#I...VI_monitor

Cheers popcornmix I gave it a try but it didnt work unfortunately. I really think its just the hardware, something do with Rev 1 boards and they changed it in Rev 2 "+5V0 Leakage from HDMI". Dont wanna bugger the new tv, so I will just use newer R-Pi. (Although it wont overclock)

Also tried 'hdmi_force_hotplug=1' to hopefully stop CEC from becoming unresponsive once you change tv input, it didnt work eitherSmile
(2013-08-28, 11:45)doveman2 Wrote: I've noticed that StepForward/Back doesn't seem to work properly with TV, whether Live or Recorded.

What happens is that instead of jumping forward the proper amount (currently 30s) it only skips 1s (or 2s for BigStep). This happened with a Recording last night but then after repeatedly doing this, at some point it starting working properly, so I'm not sure what the issue is.
Is your problem the same as this: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/14527
Well I'm not using MythPVR but MediaPortal PVR, so not quite but 1. certainly sounds similar. I can't say I've noticed 2 but I use xTV-SAF which shows the timeline at the bottom of the screen and it seems OK (without having looked at it very hard).

I've just been testing with some test files I keep on /storage and in fact the stepforward problem affects all of them, mp4, mkv, wmv, all except the one flv I have on there in fact. All the other were doing something like 1s for stepforward and 2s for bigstepforward, although at one point I saw 10s (my stepforward is set to 15s).

So it seems it's not a PVR or network related problem but something more fundamental.

I also tested calibrating the display using the composite out/SCART in NTSC mode and it seems to be working (I'm not using the latest build but one or two back). I did have a problem powering off after calibrating and XBMC was left displaying and I had to flick the power switch but it seems to have shutdown XBMC at least as it's saved the Settings (I changed TV from enabled to disabled) which it doesn't normally do if it crashes/restarts. I rebooted and it seems to have saved my calibration settings and I then powered down and that worked normally.

Another issue is that I'm getting update notifications for addons that are disabled and then there's nothing actually under Updates for them. For example, I keep getting one for tvheadend. I went and enabled it and there was still no update shown for it under Updates.
(2013-08-28, 11:45)doveman2 Wrote: I've noticed that StepForward/Back doesn't seem to work properly with TV, whether Live or Recorded.

Can you upload a sample file that is misbehaving?
Note that short files do reduce the sizes of StepForward/Back (i.e. if the step value is 10 seconds and the sample file is only 60 seconds long, the step is reduced).
(2013-08-28, 18:55)popcornmix Wrote: Can you upload a sample file that is misbehaving?
Note that short files do reduce the sizes of StepForward/Back (i.e. if the step value is 10 seconds and the sample file is only 60 seconds long, the step is reduced).

Ah, that would explain the test files then as most were around 30s long. The ones that did around 10s for BigStep instead of 3mins and 2s for Step instead of 15s were those clips around 3mins long.

So maybe when playing TV Recordings or LiveTV, it gets confused about the length and so will only jump 1s forward. The recording I was trying the other night was actually still in progress, which might have made it harder for it to correctly work out the length. Other than that, it's been happening a lot I think with LiveTV, even though it's been playing for some time and so the timeshift buffer has 8-10mins in it, it still often won't step back/forward properly.

I just tested with some old TV Recordings (still in .ts format) and I only had a problem with one, where I did two BigStepForwards (3mins each) and then a BigStepBack but instead of going back 3mins it went to the start and froze until I pressed stop. It probably just had some corruption in the file which confused XBMC though.
(2013-08-28, 18:55)popcornmix Wrote:

Can you upload a sample file that is misbehaving?
i think this is a clue that may also explain the myth issue. From the bug report: "When you pause or skip, the display at the top right corner reports incorrect information. The time fields are reversed and the reported program length has no apparent connection to reality. Right now, paused 30 seconds into a half hour show, it says "14:03:06 - 00:33"."
Could xbmc be interpreting the length of the episode as 33 seconds in this instance?
  • 35(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 223