• 44(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2
Install the unofficial openELEC repository, can be found on their page.
(2013-09-02, 11:42)popcornmix Wrote:
(2013-09-02, 11:07)Wanderlei Wrote: Is it possible that it is a small gap in the audio stream being passed on not a drop in volume as such?
It may cause a gap in the audio, or a receiver resync.

Your first reply was correct, it wasnt the xbmc or the no frills amp/receiver but the brand new flagship tv that was causing the gaps or resyncs with DTS, what had me stumped is it did it when decoding and passing through the DTS to amp:/ Thats what made me think it was coming from the source.

I had some breakthroughs with CEC aka Simplink. Common problem for LG tv is once you change input it stops functioning with the R-Pi. Now I have the R-Pi connect to the amp via HDMI, I can still control xbmc with the tv remote but it also continues to function if you change inputs. So there must be a way for the two to work together directly.
Is there any info about the support of truehd-audio? Ive read that someone is working on the issue but that was month ago..
Is this still work in progress or cancled?
My Database is correct in Frodo! When i delete Database from Gotham, then update from frodo build to gotham build! Copy xbmc the Database from frodo to Gotham?

I will have the same Database after update.
(2013-09-03, 22:02)popcornmix Wrote:
(2013-09-03, 20:56)rbej Wrote: Please adopted to Frodo.

Can't do it today. The new audio setting is trickier with Frodo.

Added to frodo_rbp_backports.
@ tuxen, cheers found it
@doveman2: you should really consider to apply ReplayGain to your music files, for example with foobar2000. If you use for your entire library “scan selection as albums (by tags)”, you keep the dynamics intended by the artists and most tracks will be about 10 db quieter. I’m not shure if ReplayGain is supported now on rpi (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=157135); for mp3, however, you can apply it to track data: it changes the files, but is lossless!

Edit: as you can’t revert the latter, you should try this first with copies of your files.
(2013-09-04, 14:02)hpbaxxter Wrote: I’m not shure if ReplayGain is supported now on rpi (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=157135); for mp3, however, you can apply it to track data: it changes the files, but is lossless!

Applying ReplayGain to a file is most definitely not lossless (by definition).
(2013-09-03, 22:17)doveman2 Wrote:
(2013-09-03, 21:19)chrlau5 Wrote: Live TV with Mediaportal as backend with IPTV channels and then start playback causes the RPI to reboot 99% of the time.
Sometimes after rebooting it can start the same channels as the one just causing the reboot. It just says "Working" and then with a second or 2 it restarts XBMC.
Other times it says working for a sec. or two and then nothing happens and the system is not frozen and I can just try again sometimes with same result other times it restarts XBMC.

When Live TV is working there are no problems changing channels.

Could anyone look at my logs and someone maybe fix this problem? Would be so awesome to use them at my childrens rooms for tv playback.

Logs: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0...sp=sharing

I don't have the answer for you I'm afraid but just the other, using a recent Gotham build, I had the Mediaportal PVR working fine with one PC as the server but when I changed it to another PC it was rebooting the RPi for me too every time I tried to start a channel. I think I managed to fix it by re-installing MP (1.5pre) on the PC as well as the TVServerXBMC plugin on the PC, so you might want to try that.

I was only using Freeview though, not IPTV, so it might not be the solution for you.

Really hope someone out there can make a fix :-)

I have tried buy new RPI new SD card, other PSU including a RPI "certified" one.
I have upgraded the server MP XBMC plugin to newewst version also uninstalled and installed it again, upgraded from MP 1.4 to 1.5prerelease. Tried also RASPBMC, and a lot of different openelec version including RBEJ versions and

Reinstalling MP is currently not an option it takes long time to setup everything.
Updated Frodo Branch

- updated Xbmc Frodo https://github.com/popcornmix/xbmc/commi..._backports

http://netlir.dk/rbej/builds/

http://lysin.me/rbej

Recomended advancedsettings for Frodo now these days?
This same as Gotham

(2013-09-04, 14:42)RichG Wrote: Applying ReplayGain to a file is most definitely not lossless (by definition).

Well, it's tricky because it depends on how you interpret “lossless”. With a good tool like foobar2000 or MP3Gain, the volume is adjusted (which is usually not revertible, except for MP3Gain) , so it is lossy. However, the file is not reencoded, so it is lossless.

On wikipedia, i found the following statement: “Some lossy audio formats, such as MP3, are structured in a way that they encode the volume of each compressed frame in a stream, and tools such as MP3Gain take advantage of this for directly applying the gain adjustment to MP3 files, adding undo information so that the process is reversible.” Hydrogenaudio, however, states: “Limitations: Although the metadata, if written, contains precise adjustment & peak values, the audio data modifications are limited to 1.5dB steps and may become irreversible (however, that's a very rare condition; see the ‘mp3gain is NOT lossless’ forum thread)”

So it is tricky. As it is not really 100 % for shure revertible even with MP3Gain, I would recommend to make a backup of purchased and important mp3 files. But as the audio quality doesn’t suffer, it may be a suitable solution for doveman2.
(2013-09-04, 15:55)rbej Wrote: This same as Gotham

Yours advancedsettings last updated 2013-7-08 and dosen´t have
Code:
<network>
    <cachemembuffersize>20971520</cachemembuffersize>
    <readbufferfactor>4.0</readbufferfactor>
<network>
(2013-09-04, 14:02)hpbaxxter Wrote: @doveman2: you should really consider to apply ReplayGain to your music files, for example with foobar2000. If you use for your entire library “scan selection as albums (by tags)”, you keep the dynamics intended by the artists and most tracks will be about 10 db quieter. I’m not shure if ReplayGain is supported now on rpi (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=157135); for mp3, however, you can apply it to track data: it changes the files, but is lossless!

Edit: as you can’t revert the latter, you should try this first with copies of your files.

Thanks for the suggestion hpbaxxter. I've heard of ReplayGain but having just spent weeks tagging all my music files, I don't think I've got the will to do anything more to them.

They sound fine on my PC in various programs anyway, so I think it would be better to allow users to set global volumes for the different media in XBMC, rather than expecting them to process all their music to compensate. I'm not sure it would really help anyway, considering that I had to turn it down to about -30db when playing music.

Having tried Frodo and gone back to Gotham, I've found that one thing is messed up. The Settings - Appearance - International page is completely blank now and my clocks gone back to being an hour slow again.

Previously I fixed the clock by putting the locale/timezone settings in both guisettings and advancedsettings and powering down. I've just checked and both are intact so I'm not sure what the problem is now.

I'm also having a strange problem with XBMC not liking certain filenames and thus showing folders as empty. For example it doesn't list:

Under the Dome Season 1 Episode 10 Let the Games Begin.flv

or

Under the Dome 1x11 - Speak of the Devil.flv

but if I just rename it to 1.flv it shows up. I had this problem with another series a few days ago and renamed the files with Filebot and then they showed up, even though the filenames afterwards were much like the second example above, so I don't understand what the issue is.
  • 44(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 223