• 55(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2
(2013-09-16, 20:34)Airwolfuk Wrote: Just checking, is the latest Frodo build (14 sept) based on openelec 3.2?

Yes.

(2013-08-20, 11:58)popcornmix Wrote: For my tests top of master is behaving well. I have a test sample (1080p dream sequence from Prometheus with software DTS decode) that failed to play at 1GHz on Frodo.
I've now got it playing at 400MHz on master, so there have been a lot of improvements, but there's probably something special with your file/network that has got worse.
It may be the large amount of audio data (you may not be playing the TrueHD stream, but it still gets read and discarded) that is provoking some different behaviour.

If you were able to narrow it down to a specific commit on master, that would be the most useful piece of information. It is something I would like to fix.

@popcornmix can you play the same file now on Frodo with all the backports from Gotham ?
Latest Frodo doesn't seem to be working with TVheadend (was OK with Gotham before I upgraded).

This is the tvheadend log http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=59494

and XBMC http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=59496

Like the last update I tried, it corrupted the SD and didn't boot at all. I copied SYSTEM and kernel.img across again on the PC but it didn't work until I copied bootcode.bin, start.elf and fixup.dat as well. The config.txt and cmdline.txt weren't corrupted, so certainly not all files got corrupted but one of those three must have been at least.
Ah, got TV working again by powering everything down, unplugging and switching the tuner to a different port on the hub. Guess it must have been getting some residual current from somewhere.

Still have an issue I had with Gotham, where opening the EPG with TV playing will sometimes result in the TV audio (video isn't visible) constantly cutting out/breaking up. It only seems to happen sometimes/with certain channels though (see towards the end of the log). http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=59518

Probably more worrying is that my Belkin Hub PSU is getting red hot. I don't know if that's just because the RPi causes high load and current usage on the hub (which also gets rather hot but not as hot as the PSU) or if the PSU is dodgy but it was supplied with the hub.
Sometimes it just completely freezes when opening the EPG, as it did here. It's not crashing and unfreezes after several minutes.

Hmm, apparently xbmclogs won't accept my log as it "contains a phrase that has been censored"! I'm not going to go through it trying to find what it doesn't like, so I'll just post the end covering when I stopped the video I was watching and opened the EPG. http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=59564

Running an overclock of

arm_freq=1000
core_freq=333
over_voltage=6
Hi. This is a problem that has been persisting since last year for me, although it doesn't occur as often anymore. Does anyone else have a problem with deinterlacing, where it is normally working, but sometimes certain scenes movements start having a blurring effect while being deinterlaced, sort of like it's skipping frames or something?

Here's two examples

http://temp-share.com/show/f3Y68hWXn
http://temp-share.com/show/gFHc4270Y

Thanks.
(2013-09-16, 20:50)rbej Wrote:
(2013-09-16, 20:34)Airwolfuk Wrote: Just checking, is the latest Frodo build (14 sept) based on openelec 3.2?

Yes.

hi Rbej

thanks for clarifying as your about screen says it is a Gotham build.

-
I know this is me being dim, but I've just installed the latest Frodo to a usb stick, trying it now. Am I supposed to add the advancedsettings.xml from the link in the first post?
Thanks.
You shouldn't need any advancedsettings.xml - only create it if you want to tweak the default settings.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2013-09-17, 08:52)Huuh Wrote: Hi. This is a problem that has been persisting since last year for me, although it doesn't occur as often anymore. Does anyone else have a problem with deinterlacing, where it is normally working, but sometimes certain scenes movements start having a blurring effect while being deinterlaced, sort of like it's skipping frames or something?

Here's two examples

Yes I see the problem. Looks like the fields are getting swapped.
It's on my list.
(2013-09-17, 16:19)MilhouseVH Wrote: You shouldn't need any advancedsettings.xml - only create it if you want to tweak the default settings.
Thanks. I just wondered why it was there.
(2013-09-17, 19:25)trogggy Wrote:
(2013-09-17, 16:19)MilhouseVH Wrote: You shouldn't need any advancedsettings.xml - only create it if you want to tweak the default settings.
I don't think that is quite correct. These are, I believe, recommended for these builds. To install, just copy into the userdata folder.
(2013-09-16, 12:52)popcornmix Wrote:
(2013-09-15, 21:26)bikemike Wrote: I just tried OpenELEC-RPi.arm-Rbej-Version-Frodo-Branch(15.09.2013) and the new sorting seems really fast but when choosing descending sort it seems that .. (up) is last in the list, not first.

I'm not seeing this. Anyone else see it? Can you explain exactly what view you are in?
I went from main menu to Movies. Brought up side panel (in media info 2 view, sort by title, sort:ascending) and changed to sort:descending.
The list appeared correctly sorted.

Is it also incorrect with descending sort by year/rating/duration etc?

I tried with your step by step (main menu to Movies) and your settings (media info 2 view) and I get .. last in the list for all Sort by types except Year when using sort:descending. I get the same in Video files and TV shows.

I use remote mysql as videoDB and my movies are stored on remote computer and accessed using nfs.
(2013-09-17, 19:35)allan87 Wrote:
(2013-09-17, 19:25)trogggy Wrote:
I don't think that is quite correct. These are, I believe, recommended for these builds. To install, just copy into the userdata folder.

OpenELEC already includes sensible defaults in /usr/share/xbmc/system/advancedsettings.xml.

There is no need to specify additional settings unless you really know what you are doing and disagree with the system defaults. Blindly duplicating these default system settings is also a dumb idea, which is basically what these "recommended" settings amount to.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
1. What you say makes sense wrt an official build. I am operating on the assumption, however, that Rbej knows what he is doing as regards advancedsetting for his custom build. Perhaps you did not notice which thread you posted your advice to.
2. The wiki should probably be updated to reflect the existence of default settings: http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=advancedsettings.xml
  • 55(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 223