• 57(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2
(2013-09-19, 07:19)rbej Wrote: This is Frodo not Gotham. If you dont believe check splash screen. Im use Gotham options (PROJECT=RPi ARCH=arm XBMC=master make release) when compiling Frodo and Gotham builds. So always is written Gotham, even as compile Frodo.

Fair enough. One option might be to specify XBMC=openelec-3.2 when building Frodo.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
It doesn't seem to cope with losing connection to the server whilst playing video.

I started playing "The Wiper Times" at around 18:50 and some time later the picture just froze. I was able to exit to Home and back to the frozen picture for a while but eventually that stopped working as well and I couldn't stop the video either and it was just stuck on the frozen picture for 10-15mins.

Once I got the connection back up on the server, it unlocked the GUI and maybe acted on all the buttons I'd pressed whilst it was frozen but I wasn't able to see exactly what it did.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=60425
Not sure if this is the right place, but I thought I would post my results with OpenELEC 3.2 (XBMC 12.2 Compiled on Sept 13th) on my RPi. I'm getting the audio popping and cracking. It happens almost every time I pause while watching recorded shows. I did try disabling some of the advance audio capabilities but it did not make any difference. I'm using HDMI into a Pioneer Receiver VSX32 then heading over to a Sony TV. I'm using MythTV PVR Client with Ubuntu MythTV 0.25.2.15 running on the backend and an HDhomerun Dual Tuner.

Any recommendations for the popping?

BTW, I do not see a commercial skipping option in the XBMC GUI. How is that interface supposed to work? I'm not using a keyboard for my RPi, just the xbmcRemote App for iPhone.

Thanks for any info or recommendations,
smanders
(2013-09-19, 20:38)doveman2 Wrote: It doesn't seem to cope with losing connection to the server whilst playing video.

I started playing "The Wiper Times" at around 18:50 and some time later the picture just froze. I was able to exit to Home and back to the frozen picture for a while but eventually that stopped working as well and I couldn't stop the video either and it was just stuck on the frozen picture for 10-15mins.

Once I got the connection back up on the server, it unlocked the GUI and maybe acted on all the buttons I'd pressed whilst it was frozen but I wasn't able to see exactly what it did.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=60425

Can you try the same test on xbmc on another platform (e.g. windows). I'm suspecting this is in generic xbmc code (probably the demuxer).
Question... Is official OpenElec 3.2.0 the same as the Gotham build now ?
And when we are testing Rbej Gotham builds, are we going to place them on 3.0.6 or 3.2.0 for best test environment ?

Best regards
(2013-09-20, 15:39)delinend Wrote: Question... Is official OpenElec 3.2.0 the same as the Gotham build now ?

Not the same. OpenELEC 3.2 is based on XBMC 12.x (ie. Frodo), while Gotham is based on XBMC 13.x (aka Gotham).

Gotham OpenELEC builds are now very different to OpenELEC 3.2 builds - for a start the latest Gotham OpenELEC builds are using systemd which is a very different boot system to that used by OpenELEC 3.2 (this is also a little broken right now, and is probably why there have been no recent Gotham builds from rbej).

(2013-09-20, 15:39)delinend Wrote: And when we are testing Rbej Gotham builds, are we going to place them on 3.0.6 or 3.2.0 for best test environment ?

Either, it makes no difference.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2013-09-20, 16:04)MilhouseVH Wrote:
(2013-09-20, 15:39)delinend Wrote: Question... Is official OpenElec 3.2.0 the same as the Gotham build now ?

Not the same. OpenELEC 3.2 is based on XBMC 12.x (ie. Frodo), while Gotham is based on XBMC 13.x (aka Gotham).

Gotham OpenELEC builds are now very different to OpenELEC 3.2 builds - for a start the latest Gotham OpenELEC builds are using systemd which is a very different boot system to that used by OpenELEC 3.2 (this is also a little broken right now, and is probably why there have been no recent Gotham builds from rbej).

(2013-09-20, 15:39)delinend Wrote: And when we are testing Rbej Gotham builds, are we going to place them on 3.0.6 or 3.2.0 for best test environment ?

Either, it makes no difference.

Okay thanks MilhouseVH for reply and info Blush
Somebody else having problems with CEC inactive since yesterday?

EDIT: solved, was something stupid with my Philips TV.
(2013-09-20, 11:51)popcornmix Wrote: Can you try the same test on xbmc on another platform (e.g. windows). I'm suspecting this is in generic xbmc code (probably the demuxer).

I'd like to but as the file is on my PC which was acting as the server, I can't play it on that and cut the connection to itself. I've got another PC I can use but I've got the decorators in at the moment so can't access that just now but I'll test this when I can. The file is on iPlayer though, so if you're able to download from there you could do that and test it yourself. The file I have is an flv and is 959MB and 832x468. Even MPC-HC (using LAV splitter, LAV Audio decoder and ffdshow video decoder) struggles with skipping in this file (and all my other flvs it seems) and thrashes around a bit but it does work eventually.

I actually couldn't play that file at all on the RPi after restoring the connection the other night. First it asked if I wanted to resume from where I'd got to and that resulted in just a blank screen. Then I stopped it and tried to play from the beginning and that started but then locked up as soon as I tried to skip forward 30s. I'll check if it's still doing that as well later.

Had a different problem today, where TV just froze and locked up XBMC after running for several hours no problem. Nothing to do with server/Wi-Fi as the USB tuner and tvheadend are on the RPi. I had to power-cycle to reboot to fix it and TVs been working OK again for several hours now. http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=60707
(2013-09-20, 16:24)radioparadise Wrote: Somebody else having problems with CEC inactive since yesterday?

Happening to me also on a Samsung TV.
Yes. Looks like the CEC part is missing in the last Gothan Build (OpenELEC-RPi.arm-Rbej-Version-Gotham-Branch(11.09.2013).tar.bz2)
(2013-09-20, 18:22)delinend Wrote: Yes. Looks like the CEC part is missing in the last Gothan Build (OpenELEC-RPi.arm-Rbej-Version-Gotham-Branch(11.09.2013).tar.bz2)

Works on my TV
I did some more tests with that flv file and found:

on the RPI:

skipping forward causes a long pause before it resumes playback. The delay is longer when skipping forward 3mins compared to 30s. There's also some stuttering and pauses after playback resumes before it settles down.

it's not possible to skip forward multiple skip amounts. Repeated presses of stepforward or bigstepforward are ignored and when it resumes playback, it's only stepped a single unit of 30s or 3min.

stepback or bigstepback does accumulate, allowing for stepping back multiples of 30s or 3min.

after stepping back, it then becomes possible to stepforward in multiples of 30s or 3min but only to the point where playback had previously resumed. So if it had got to 15min and I stepback to the start, it's possible to stepforward 5x3min to get back to 15min. Any further than the previously reached point and it goes back to ignoring further presses and will only step a single 30s or 3min

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=60759

On the PC the behaviour was the same, except that stepping forward 30s or 10min was instantaneous, with no pause at all, although there was some resyncing/stuttering just after skipping but nowhere near as bad as on the RPi.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=60766
I had problems with cec yesterday (Frodo build). Went into cec settings and deleted the zero next to 'Physical address (overrules HDMI port)'. It started working again.
It's possible that I put the zero there myself by mistake, but worth a check.
No problem with CEC!
  • 57(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 223