• 70(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2
(2013-10-09, 13:58)hudo Wrote:
(2013-10-09, 13:24)popcornmix Wrote:
(2013-10-09, 13:15)hudo Wrote: Can't really see much of a difference. Did you noticed something?

I noticed the commit...

I made a build with the new default (size) and couldn't see a clear difference, but thought it's worth bringing to people's attention.
If it happened to make builds 10% slower, it may not be enough for people to instantly notice, but it would be undesirable.

By mentioning it, someone might report that entering the music view with a large library used to take 30 seconds, and now takes 33 seconds.

Most likely the difference is negligable.

From previous buils I have here, difference in size is ~1MB. I'm building OpenELEC head again optimized for speed just to see the difference.

How wrong I was!

OE master git with "size" vs OE master git with a couple changes to libavformat, XBMC internal ffmpeg and "speed". Both Gotham builds.

SYSTEM - 94.1MB vs 108.0MB
KERNEL - 6.0MB vs 6.1MB

Can't tell about build time. I accidentally stopped the build process and had to resume a few hours later. That's what I get for playing with 3 or 4 terminal windows at the same time.

I know this isn't exactly apples vs apples but both use ffmpeg 1.2.x and I only changed a couple of things.

Time to get the wife mad with tests!
Is the tradeoff really between the size of the build and speed with which the build operates?

Intuitively (meaning, what do I know?) I would have thought the tradeoff would be between the size of the build and how long it takes to compile.
Updated Frodo Branch

- updated firmware

- FFmpeg 1.2.4

- sync with Frodo Popcornmix branch (frodo_rbp_backports)

http://netlir.dk/rbej/builds/

http://lysin.me/rbej

Thanks. The download on lysin.me is only 3.5MB, netlir looks the right size..
Hey troggg nice seeing you again and rbej thanks again
does this have the speed fix thats in gotham?
(2013-10-10, 11:06)stuCONNERS Wrote: does this have the speed fix thats in gotham?

Not yet.
(2013-10-10, 00:35)allan87 Wrote: Is the tradeoff really between the size of the build and speed with which the build operates?

Intuitively (meaning, what do I know?) I would have thought the tradeoff would be between the size of the build and how long it takes to compile.

Optimise for size/speed purely relates to how big/fast the compiled code is expected to be.
Nothing to do with compile time.

You sometimes find the "size" build is faster than the "speed" build when important functions fit caches better, but on average the speed build should be a little faster (probably only a few %).
Hey popcornmix I notice I can install your builds with OpenElec Dev update pogram Oh I just stick testing rbej .Which I have since he started making them also any idea when the speed fix that in the last Gotham will be added to Frodo Oh is not at all .Like aways thanks for all you and rbej do for us OpenElec user .
hmm things go backward for me,

last days tryed to find out what makes channelswitch so fast in older builds, so copy_SYSTEM and looked for differences, but have no idea were to search for it. Goal is to merge with newer improfments because can´t live without ultra fast channel switch rbej build24.08

is it a problem to mess around in usr/lib/xbmc to try things out ??
can someone help here ?
I've been watching some .flvs downloaded from iPlayer today and experienced a few strange freezes, where I thought it was going to stop playback they were so long but then it resumed eventually. Except the last time, the video just stopped and after that I couldn't access any of my NFS shares until I rebooted the RPi. http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=68094 (probably only the last hour or so is relevant)

I then tried to resume playback but found it wouldn't play when I tried to step forward to get to where I was (or if I tried to resume from anywhere other than the beginning). I did have this problem with every video file (.TS, .mkv) before with the build with popcornmix patches but it seems to be only the .flv files now with the standard rbej Gotham build. http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=68097
I'm also finding that changing channel, when there's already one playing, from the EPG doesn't work most of the time and just results in nothing playing. I have to press Stop and then I can start the channel.

I didn't have this problem when I was using Frodo.
(BUG) There is a bug in openelec latest build. I was having problems with Immersive restarting, I`ve run the exact same skin via RASPBMC, and its totally fine, NO reboots, 100% stable. It seems to crash whenever dialogselect.xml is being called on openelec, using 10-10-2013 build frodo
@popcornmix and Rbej
I have an issue with the Gotham build

I tried to install from fresh Openelec the builds of Rbej. I am running openelec on SD card/ USB.
I started out installing 3.2.2 Openelec and afterwards installing all the addons. All is ok. I then updated to the latest Rbej build (OpenELEC_Gotham-RPi.arm-devel-20131009130752-r15789) copying the files via cmd to my SD card.
I did not have any issues for 24 hours but today starts the pop up messages again. All the time with msg that Urlresolver, Navix, T0mm0 etc is broken. Several Repos and addons are working (Icefilm, Mash etc), but other Repos are broken with dependencies not met for example Bluecoop (all addons) and The yid (all addons), and in the JasOnpc the OneClickMoviez is broken withe the other in the repo OK.

I tried to update with "script.module.t0mm0.common-2.1.1.zip" but It did not seems to help. BTW How can I see if the install worked correctly ?

Logs : http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=69217

Logs with debug on after doing refresh on JasOnpc repo:http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=69342

where I find: "Addon script.module.urlresolver requires xbmc.python version 1.0 which is not available"

I guess this is my problem...

EDIT:
I just got this answer on another Forum:

I got this answer on another Forum;

Hi.. the new version of xbmc deprecated the v1 of xbmc.python. Many addons imports this and all of those shows broken.
Since i'm a dev, i upgraded all my addons to <import addon="xbmc.python" version="2.0"/>
and it's fixed.
All you have to do is waiting for new releases from addons devs.
@Flaq69

I often get loads of popups saying that all the PVR addons are broken (and a few others, particularly Random Items script) when I first run OE after updating. Even so, I still seem to be able to use the PVR addons (TVheadend at the moment) so I'm not sure why they're happening but it's not just you!
  • 70(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 223