• 72(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2
Hi Guys, i have trouble with PVR-Client.
My Pi run under OE 3.2.2 and the PVR-Client is a VU+ Uno.
If i stream HD-Channels, the sound / tone will be asynchronously after 20 min or so.
What can i do?

Thx for Help-

Sorry for bad english :-D
Hi and welcome.

Please read this and this and act accordingly.
Hi there, i hope u can help me

here is the log:
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=70647

I start an HD-Stream and after 1-2 Minutes, the Screen will get frozed for any sec.

I hope you know what i mean ;-)
Do these builds (specifically the Gotham Popcornmix build) support booting from NFS ?

I've followed the guide here; http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=149607 and it just keeps booting to ;

Error in mount_flash: mount_part: Unknown filesystem

I've checked all the cmdline values and they look correct, I can also mount the folders via an existing Openelec installation I have, so it seems the share is ok too..
(2013-10-18, 00:23)Swifty Wrote: Do these builds (specifically the Gotham Popcornmix build) support booting from NFS ?

I am using an NFS boot with that build and it works fine.

I did have problems at first with DHCP and fixed this by setting a static IP address in the cmdline.txt, so I'd suggest having a look at confirming this first. Can you ping the RPi after it attempts to boot (or check your router to see if it is assigning an address)?
Thanks for the confirmation.
I'm using static IP (but dropped back to DHCP when it would work) but neither seems to play ball Sad

I will take another look at it tonight now that I know it definately should work
(2013-10-18, 00:23)Swifty Wrote: Do these builds (specifically the Gotham Popcornmix build) support booting from NFS ?

I've followed the guide here; http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=149607 and it just keeps booting to ;

Error in mount_flash: mount_part: Unknown filesystem

I've checked all the cmdline values and they look correct, I can also mount the folders via an existing Openelec installation I have, so it seems the share is ok too..

As the author of that How-To, I'm no longer of the opinion that it's worth the effort using NFS to boot a Pi, although NFS is certainly still useful for /storage.

Note that auto-update is no longer supported by OpenELEC Gotham builds, not even when dropping files into the Update folder manually. Any non-local boot device will result in the update being abandoned with an "unsupported" message, so really there's no benefit I can think of for using NFS (or SMB, or even USB) to boot the Pi. Stay with boot=/dev/mmcblk0p1, put SYSTEM on your SD card FAT partition, and use NFS for /storage (disk=NFS etc.).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Hi MilhouseVH,

I still boot from NFS as I assumed it stopped SD card corruption and ran quicker. Is that no longer the case?
Updated Frodo Branch

- updated OpenElec build

- updated firmware and kernel

- sync with Frodo Popcornmix branch (frodo_rbp_backports)

http://netlir.dk/rbej/builds/

http://lysin.me/rbej

I've used NFS and USB boot and can't see any benefit.

Currently I use the solution MilhouseVH described with a USB flash, i.e., SD to boot, USB to hold Storage partition. Boot is very fast, around 20-25s but it depends on the flash drive you use.

Anyway, for me boot times are a moot point. My RPis are always on.

The current config I use -> boot=/dev/mmcblk0p1 disk=/dev/sda1 (disk=LABEL and disk=UUID gave me problems a few weeks ago and I haven't bothered debugging).

** EDIT **
I keep my SD cards locked! No corruption.
Thanks guys i guess you're right actual boot from nfs doesnt really matter since its a rare occurance.
Speed of the storage partition however is another matter Smile
Regarding the problems with popups saying that addons are broken and asking if they should be disabled, although in the past, for me, this has mainly been just the PVR addons and after updating (although it seems to happen for Random Items script from time to time as well, not just after updating), I updated my brother's Gotham to the 02/10 build yesterday and he got the popups, so I told him to just say yes (he's not using the PVR addons). I was on the phone to him, so couldn't see his screen but after rebooting again later, he'd lost his xTV-SAF skin and it had gone back to Confluence (which was the only option available now).

After much head-scratching, I guessed it might be disabled so I got him to go into Addons and re-enable and it's working again now it but it was a pain and I hope these popups can be prevented in future somehow.

I actually just installed the Passion Repo (using repository.passion.xbmc.org.frodo-3.0.1.zip) on my system and immediately after, I got a popup telling me that xTV-SAF was broken and did I want to disable it. I said no of course as I'm using it but I'm not sure why it happened.
Does the System file ever get written to?

In other words, if the System file is on SD card can it still be write protected?

That would be the ideal solution I guess (having had a number of cards get corrupted in normal use).
Only when you update. At which point it's over-written.
No, SYSTEM file is read only unless you start pocking around with

# mount -o rw,remount /flash

My cards are always locked.
  • 72(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 223