• 80(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2
(2013-10-26, 18:41)nickshe89 Wrote:
(2013-10-26, 14:54)rbej Wrote: Latest Lib file??

Please explain this.

he talk about http://www.mediafire.com/?x4cvp5hl4m9xr#icd6vu2mot7mh

You don't need a custom build to reference that library, use the instructions for OpenELEC in the first post of the librtmp thread.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Updated Frodo Branch

- updated firmware

- updated CEC

- updated librtmp (18.10.2013)

http://netlir.dk/rbej/builds/

http://lysin.me/rbej

(2013-10-26, 17:54)tdn135 Wrote: What do you guys think? rbej, is it possible to feature this in your builds Smile Thanks

Well, the openelec PR has no code attached. The original PR is very old, had a number of issues that weren't fixed.
If you can point a patch that applies to Gotham (on any platform), and has a number of people reporting it works well, then maybe.

But, I think there are a lot of issues this will introduce. The obvious one is that playing an SD DVD natively will mean the GUI overlay is SD resolution,
so there will be complaints that subtitles and the OSD is ugly and unreadable.

And I'm not convinced xbmc internally will handle the resolution of the GUI overlay changing dynamically and there will be lots of issues of overlays/subs
disappearing off the edges of the screen.
Also, do we know for sure that such hardware really does a better job of upscaling? I've found XBMC's built-in upscaling to be pretty excellent (including scrutiny on a 120" projected screen) - maybe a proper comparison is in order... :-)
(2013-10-26, 19:40)rbej Wrote: Updated Frodo Branch

- updated firmware

- updated CEC

- updated librtmp (18.10.2013)

http://netlir.dk/rbej/builds/

http://lysin.me/rbej

Bluetooth pairing with my Wii Remote still the same as 3.2.3. Trust and Connect still not working as what is intended to do. It connects but you have to do it again after a restart while "Connect" still not working.Sad
(2013-10-26, 20:04)kreeturez Wrote: Also, do we know for sure that such hardware really does a better job of upscaling? I've found XBMC's built-in upscaling to be pretty excellent (including scrutiny on a 120" projected screen) - maybe a proper comparison is in order... :-)

Command line omxplayer supplied with raspbian does pick the closest resolution with "-r" parameter, so it's easy to compare what the quality would be like.
Thanks Rbeji thanks for the update sorry for the late response had to step out of the house today thanks again bro.
Hi everyone, this might be a noobish question, but i'm kinda new to the raspberry pi game.

I'm using the latest gotham popcornmix build (october 9th) with an sd card (system) + usb (storage) installation. I also tried moderate overclocking (medium settings). Everything seems to work fine so far.

I have a question regarding the scraping of my library. My media is on a nfs share and every movie has its nfos and fanart files in his own folder.
When i try to scrape my media into the library, there is another option called "use local information" only - i guess that is a new gotham feature?
The point is that i thought that xbmc would automatically detect my local information when i use the TMDB scraper. If that's true - why is there now the local option?

What would be the best choice for me performancewise? I have a huge library with 1500+ movies and 2000+ episodes. Thanks for your help.
In iOS 7.0.3 i didnot see the xbmc device with last frodo build and gotham build.
Hi there,

@popcornmix,
I tried to install 4 times your build OpenELEC_Gotham-RPi.arm-devel-20131025192011-r16293 on my RPi V2 without success.
Sticks at the network setup (working spinning...) and can't bypass nor go further.
Just previousely rbej build installed and worked fine.

I don't know if there is a special need for your builds but I'd like to test multichannel PCM, so let me know.
BTW if you could inclued CECAnyway in your build, I could test it as well.

Last question; I am a newbie with the unofficial builds, with few words what are the differences in features between your, rbej and official build?
(2013-10-28, 12:15)MrNice Wrote: Hi there,

@popcornmix,
I tried to install 4 times your build OpenELEC_Gotham-RPi.arm-devel-20131025192011-r16293 on my RPi V2 without success.
Sticks at the network setup (working spinning...) and can't bypass nor go further.
Just previousely rbej build installed and worked fine.

I don't know if there is a special need for your builds but I'd like to test multichannel PCM, so let me know.
BTW if you could inclued CECAnyway in your build, I could test it as well.

Last question; I am a newbie with the unofficial builds, with few words what are the differences in features between your, rbej and official build?

Happened to me a few times. I think it's a OE problem but haven't investigated any further. To bypass it, SSH into the Pi and place the following under ~/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/service.openelec.settings/

Name the file oe_settings.xml

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<openelec>
        <addon_config/>
        <settings>
                <system>
                        <wizard_completed>True</wizard_completed>
                        <hostname>RPi</hostname>
                        <KeyboardLayout1>us</KeyboardLayout1>
                        <UpdateNotify>0</UpdateNotify>
                </system>
                <connman>
                </connman>
                <services>
                </services>
                <about>
                </about>
                <openelec>
                </openelec>
        </settings>
</openelec>
Thanks Hudo, I had to add just
<openelec>
</openelec>
in the file. In fact the network is already working.

@popcornmix
I tried your build but I can have a good test as I can't stop the @#£$%*! animated visualisation when playing and the CPU seems to be overloaded and music is jerki.
I want in System > Appearance > Screensaver and removed "Use visualisation ...". Still here even after reboot.

Question: Is there a place where I can find free audio files in all usual audio formats kown as working fine to test the builds.
If not this could be very convenient for all of us.
Popcornmix - I have not yet tried the most recent build (where you want to test audio with passthrough disabled). WIll ac3 audio be processed by the CPU? Do you expect the CPU to have the horsepower to play back HD video with an ac3 track, without the audio processing being offloaded to the TV?
(2013-10-28, 12:15)MrNice Wrote: Last question; I am a newbie with the unofficial builds, with few words what are the differences in features between your, rbej and official build?

In general official builds use the code from https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc.
Frodo comes from the Frodo branch (older, more stable, better compatibility with skins/plugins).
Nightly (Gotham) builds come from master branch (much newer, with new feature and bug fixes. Sometimes unstable. May have incompatability with skins/plugins).

Because Frodo branched so long ago (about 10 months ago) when the Pi support was very new, a real Frodo build is quite dated.
It has no ff/rew, or dual audio. It is slower and has more bugs.

So, raspbmc and openelec and rbej have been producing Frodo builds from my backports tree:
https://github.com/popcornmix/xbmc/tree/..._backports

This is basically Frodo xbmc, but with most of the Pi specific changes from Gotham ported across. These build are recommened for most people.

There are also newclock3 builds from this tree:
https://github.com/popcornmix/xbmc/commits/newclock3

This is even newer than Gotham/nightly, and includes test patches I'm working on before they get accepted into mainline xbmc code.
This is where the "speed" and multichannel audio builds have come from.

Different builders may include additional patches. Mine tend to be "vanilla" newclock3.
rbej sometimes has newer PVR or ffmpeg patches pulled in.
openelec and raspbmc have there own patches they add.

You can't really know what is best without trying them.
Newer generally means better performance and extra features, but some skins or plugins may not work.
If you like to help with testing and are happy to report bugs, then use one of the newclock3 builds.

Otherwise pick the newest Frodo (backports) build you can find.
(2013-10-28, 15:27)MrNice Wrote: @popcornmix
I tried your build but I can have a good test as I can't stop the @#£$%*! animated visualisation when playing and the CPU seems to be overloaded and music is jerki.
I want in System > Appearance > Screensaver and removed "Use visualisation ...". Still here even after reboot.

You change the music visualisation in the settings/music/playback. You can change visualisation to none or waveform (others won't work).

Although I've never heard of the visualisation causing audio glitches, so that may be another issue.
  • 80(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 223