• 90(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2
That was discussed before...
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=156320

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
I'm using the latest gotham popcornmix build and i wanted to try higher fanartres and imageres.

Therefore i created an very small advancedsettings.xml:

<advancedsettings>
<fanartres>720</fanartres>
<imageres>512</imageres>
</advancedsettings>

I added to advancedsettings.xml to userdata, then deleted the Textures.db and the Thumbnails-folder.
Then i reboot the Pi and he seems to be stuck. He opens the main screen and then immediately i see the xmbc-mediacentre-logo in front aof a black screen. 5 seconds later the same thing. This goes on in circles.

What's my mistake here?

thanks in advance!
(2013-11-10, 11:07)Koloss Wrote: Yes, today log is normal but yesterday the temperature was higher!

Sometimes higher, sometimes lower, why?

Higher temperature could be attributed to increased voltages, I notice you're running +6 on the core, which will mean higher temps than someone with a lower voltage. Bumping up the voltage on the SRAM will also result in higher temps.

Gotham also has fixes that help avoid unnecessary load while "idle" (mainly updating the GUI when nothing or little has changed), which may not be in OpenELEC 3.2.x, so try using a recent Gotham build if you're not already.

@popcornmix: Just built the latest OpenELEC with 3.12.0 kernel (latest XBMC) and the IRQ/s second (measured with "grep dwc /proc/interrupts | awk '{ print $2 }'") have almost halved compared with the old kernel, which is nice - used to be about 1200/s on 3.11.x (1GHz ARM, force_turbo=1, /storage on USB) but now down to about 750/s. I would upload this build but your three most recent commits on newclock3 don't build right now (compilation error in DllAvCodec, something about a virtual function).

Edit: Although after watching a movie and stopping playback, IRQ/s is back up at just over 1000/s whereas before it was 750/s. Odd. Reboot and back to 750 (or lower).

(2013-11-10, 15:34)nowayz Wrote: What's my mistake here?

thanks in advance!

Is there a debug log (wiki)?

Are you overclocking your Pi? Try it with stock clocks first.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Hmm, it's locking up whilst watching LiveTV with the 02/10 rbej Gotham build as well now Sad

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=82900

EDIT: I tried recording a programme and then watching the recording about five minutes after it started to see if that behaved any differently but that locked up as well http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=82966

After rebooting, it had switched my skin from xTV-SAF to Confluence and disabled xTV-SAF and now I can't install/re-enable it again due to the "dependencies not met" error. Which .xml file is the enabled/disabled status of addons stored in, as maybe I can switch it successfully there rather than through the GUI?
doveman2, based on your posts, it seems to me that you are constantly having trouble. It might be a good idea to start from scratch. Unusual problems often have nothing to do with the software.
(2013-11-11, 03:01)allan87 Wrote: doveman2, based on your posts, it seems to me that you are constantly having trouble. It might be a good idea to start from scratch. Unusual problems often have nothing to do with the software.

yeah it might be worth a try. Do you mean wipe my USB that I'm using for /storage as well? Actually, I guess I could just wipe the 2nd SD partition and use that for /storage as a test.

As I couldn't enable xTV-SAF after the recent crash, I've been using Confluence and haven't had TV freeze the RPi using that skin, although it's hard to see how a skin could cause it to lock up.

The programme that was just on did start constantly breaking up, like there was a gap between each frame causing the audio and video to be choppy and then sometimes it would speed up to catch up, then stop, then continue but all the while choppy. This went on for about 5mins before I grabbed the logs and restarted the channel and it was fine then, so obviously something had built up over time to result in this. http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=83226
OK, so my SD card only had one partition so I had to write it with an image I had and then copy back the files to the first partition. However, the 2nd partition is only about 800MB so I need to expand that to use the full 16GB. I'd tried previously accessing it in a Linux Virtualbox but that doesn't work. EASEUS Partion Master can access it in Windows but it doesn't know about ext4, only ext2 and ext3, so I couldn't use that to create an ext4 partition and probably won't be able to use it to expand one either. It's a shame there's not some tool in OpenElec we could use from the commandline to do this.

I've got tvheadend working again after copying across the settings from the USB, along with remote mappings, sources.xml, etc. I was able to install xTV-SAF v1.3.3.928 from a zip (1.3.3 from XBMC.org addons is marked Broken along with most of the other skins). I didn't think it was working at first as it gives no indication after selecting the zip that it's doing anything and I only realised it was when I looked at the logs but after about 5mins it asked if I wanted to switch to it, so I knew it had installed and I'm using it now.

So I'll just have to see if I still get problems with TV or not now. This is the log so far in case anyone wants to compare to my previous ones http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=83251
(2013-11-11, 14:01)doveman2 Wrote: yeah it might be worth a try. Do you mean wipe my USB that I'm using for /storage as well? Actually, I guess I could just wipe the 2nd SD partition and use that for /storage as a test.
You could leave the SD card alone, and use a different USB key, formatted as ext4 and named Storage. This would give you a fresh start but leave your original settings intact, on the old key, if you wanted to go back to them (or copy the odd item).
(2013-11-12, 19:13)allan87 Wrote:
(2013-11-11, 14:01)doveman2 Wrote: yeah it might be worth a try. Do you mean wipe my USB that I'm using for /storage as well? Actually, I guess I could just wipe the 2nd SD partition and use that for /storage as a test.
You could leave the SD card alone, and use a different USB key, formatted as ext4 and named Storage. This would give you a fresh start but leave your original settings intact, on the old key, if you wanted to go back to them (or copy the odd item).

I've already used the SD now but it's actually easier to do that as it allows me to copy settings, addons, databases, etc from the USB to the SD.

Seems to be working OK now anyway. It still locks up requiring a reboot if I leave it idle on the EPG (with no TV playing) but I haven't had any lockups when watching TV since reinstalling.
Quote:allows me to copy settings, addons, databases
Copying settings (except very sparingly and in a controlled way) and databases kind of defeats the purpose of a clean start.
(2013-11-12, 20:33)allan87 Wrote:
Quote:allows me to copy settings, addons, databases
Copying settings (except very sparingly and in a controlled way) and databases kind of defeats the purpose of a clean start.

That's what I'm doing. It's a lot easier to copy the userdata for tvheadend then start from scratch, scanning the muxes and spending hours re-arranging the channels how I like them again. Also, it's a lot easier to copy from the USB addons and userdata for the iPlayer addon for example, then find out which repo it's on, how to add that to XBMC and then download it from there. Likewise for the youtube addon, rather than having to find my login details and enter them, I can just copy the userdata for that. I know what I've copied, so if it does start having problems I'll have a good idea what might be responsible.
Well I don't know if it's because I'm using the SD card but TV Recordings aren't working. I set two last night, both of which are 0KB mkvs, one this evening which is 580MB but when I watched it, it turned out to have only recorded 30m of the 1hr programme and skipping from the start doesn't work (causes it to freeze the video but Stop works) and another this evening which is also 0KB. I've made plenty of recordings to the USB before with many more addons installed than I have now but I'll try uninstalling them again (plex and plex.helper, youtube, iplayer, weather.wunderground. Installing youtube via Addons also installed script.common.plugin.cache and script.module.simple.downloader as I recall)

I don't have a log for last night but here's the one for tonight, although it doesn't seem to mention when the recordings were started (21:00 and 22:00), only when I tried to play them at around 23:32. http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=83989

I also got an error from iPlayer but I fixed that by deleting the resume.txt file from addon_data. However, before that I tried to install it from a zip and got a "Dependency not met" error, which as I mentioned before is the sort of problem I have when trying to install addons a lot of the time and hence why it was easier just to copy it over from my USB. The only thing it refers to in the addon.xml is xbmc.python which I assume is a basic addon that should be in OE Gotham and a couple of extension points, which seem to be parts of installed addons as far as I can tell and all do seem to be present.

Code:
<requires>
        <import addon="xbmc.python" version="1.0"/>
    </requires>
    <extension point="xbmc.python.pluginsource"
               library="default.py">
        <provides>video audio</provides>
    </extension>
    <extension point="xbmc.addon.metadata">

EDIT: Actually, thinking about it the recording problem must be because there's not enough room as the SD card's Storage partition is only 750MB at the moment. Not sure why the first recording last night wouldn't have used up the space instead of being 0KB and only tonight's 9pm recording used the space but hopefully it will work properly once I work out how to expand the partition!
It's been a while since the last Gotham build so here is my latest test build.
It's latest openelec with latest xbmc with just one patch:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/3637

It includes the latest GPU firmware, which has
Fix for sdcard corruption when overclocking
Fix for whining noise/out of sync when pausing AC3 pasthrough
Fix for audio dropouts with DTS passthrough

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-6zmED...sp=sharing
(2013-11-13, 15:36)popcornmix Wrote: It's been a while since the last Gotham build so here is my latest test build.
It's latest openelec with latest xbmc with just one patch:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/3637

It includes the latest GPU firmware, which has
Fix for sdcard corruption when overclocking
Fix for whining noise/out of sync when pausing AC3 pasthrough
Fix for audio dropouts with DTS passthrough

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-6zmED...sp=sharing

its come whit lirc ?

thanks
(2013-11-13, 16:16)nickshe89 Wrote: its come whit lirc ?

The build contains exactly what I described. My (occasional) builds are for testing core features in the latest firmware, xbmc and openelec repositories.
They may include patches by me, expected to be submitted to xbmc in the near future.

Sorry, no requests for custom patches.
  • 90(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 223