• 91(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2
(2013-11-13, 16:27)popcornmix Wrote:
(2013-11-13, 16:16)nickshe89 Wrote: its come whit lirc ?

The build contains exactly what I described. My (occasional) builds are for testing core features in the latest firmware, xbmc and openelec repositories.
They may include patches by me, expected to be submitted to xbmc in the near future.

Sorry, no requests for custom patches.

Does that mean that Lirc isn't a normal part of OE and is added by rbej, as it's always been in the builds I've used and my remote needs it, so if this doesn't contain it I'd better skip it?
(2013-11-13, 16:58)doveman2 Wrote: Does that mean that Lirc isn't a normal part of OE and is added by rbej, as it's always been in the builds I've used and my remote needs it, so if this doesn't contain it I'd better skip it?

I'm sure openelec supports lirc.
I don't know exactly what nickshe89's question was referring to. Perhaps there have been lirc patches in some builds.
My comment is my build is basically top of tree openelec and it has what's included in openelec as standard.
its normal part of OE but i can not get it work on any gorham builds
Just to report back popcornmix, your build works fine so far.
Can't tell much about sdcard corruption as I'm not overvolting at the moment but your build does mount my external harddrives fine (contrary to rbejs' builds).

Will test rbejs' next gotham build when it comes out to see if it's just his builds or something else.
(2013-11-13, 17:03)popcornmix Wrote:
(2013-11-13, 16:58)doveman2 Wrote: Does that mean that Lirc isn't a normal part of OE and is added by rbej, as it's always been in the builds I've used and my remote needs it, so if this doesn't contain it I'd better skip it?

I'm sure openelec supports lirc.
I don't know exactly what nickshe89's question was referring to. Perhaps there have been lirc patches in some builds.
My comment is my build is basically top of tree openelec and it has what's included in openelec as standard.

Ah thanks, I thought it would be strange if it didn't include lirc but wasn't sure what your reply meant.

I'll try it in a minute but I should mention that I've been running from SD only (Sandisk Ultra 16GB) and have nstalled addons, made (or tried to at least) some TV recordings and haven't had any corruption (although having said that, it's probably going to corrupt when I try and update now!)

I'm running:

arm_freq=1000
core_freq=333
over_voltage=4

It does seem dependent on the quality of the SD card, as I had a lot of problems with a previous no-name one.
OK, it installed fine but it's got a DVBLink addon installed which is interfering with my tvheadend addon and preventing the EPG showing anything. I can't disable or uninstall the addon so I'll try just deleting it with WinSCP.

It also reset my resolution to 1920x1080 and I had to change it back to 1280x720.

EDIT: Hmm, of course I can't delete the addon like that as it's on the System, which is read-only. Any suggestions?

OK, I changed the address in the DVBLink addon to 127.0.0.23 and that seems to have got it out the way and lets tvheadend work again.
Unfortunately it locked up the RPi whilst watching TV within minutes, which is the problem I had until doing a fresh install recently, so I'll have to go back to the 02/10 Gotham build which was working OK.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=84307
OK, back on 02/10 build.

I've noticed my remote isn't doing what it should on the Virtual Keyboard. What I've got is

<VirtualKeyboard>
<remote>
<star>Shift</star>
<hash>Symbols</hash>
<zero>Number0</zero>
<one>Number1</one>
<two>Number2</two>
<three>Number3</three>
<four>Number4</four>
<five>Number5</five>
<six>Number6</six>
<seven>Number7</seven>
<eight>Number8</eight>
<nine>Number9</nine>
<back>Close</back>
<clear>Backspace</clear>
<pageminus>CursorLeft</pageminus>
<pageplus>CursorRight</pageplus>
<skipminus>Back</skipminus>
<skipplus>Close</skipplus>
<blue>Enter</blue>
</remote>
</VirtualKeyboard>

and it appears to be working to some extent as Blue does do enter but back, or skipplus don't do Close, so I've got no way of backing out without entering something, which on a password prompt for example can get you stuck in a loop if you don't know the password or it won't accept it for some reason. I tried changing Close to Back but that didn't make any difference.
Version OpenELEC_Gotham-RPi.arm-devel-20131112215417-r16367.tar

Before:
- I had drops when playing multichannel flac files ie: "2L38SACD_tr1_mch_96kHz.flac" (see my previous posts)
- DTS was previousely playing fine
- DTS encap in WAV were playing (time spent) but not output sound (I didn't report this bug)

Now:
All of my DTS, DTS encap WAV, AC3, AC3 encap WAV, FLAC multichannel are playing fine now!!! Great.

However, all are decoded inside the Pi and send to my AVR as PCM. I would prefer to get the DTS and AC3 passthrough button back as I'd prefer my AVR to decode these files.
Is it planned?

Menu System > Settings > System > Video output > Monitor
Choices are "?0?" or "?-1?"
There is obviously a bug.
BTW what is the purpose?

Thanks a lot popcornmix

Now I am waiting for the CECAnyway integration. It should be done by @sraue soon. All good today.
Config, video/audio player:
3T HDD <USB> Odroid N2+ / CoreElec <HDMI> Denon AVR-2313 <HDMI> LG TV 55UF860V
                                          <nfs wired> Linksys WRT32X router <USB> 4T HDD
(2013-11-13, 21:40)MrNice Wrote: Menu System > Settings > System > Video output > Monitor
Choices are "?0?" or "?-1?"
There is obviously a bug.
BTW what is the purpose?

Thanks a lot popcornmix

Now I am waiting for the CECAnyway integration. It should be done by @sraue soon. All good today.

Pretty sure the "?0?" is introduced by the fernetmenta patch, without this patch the audio settings are correct (though maybe missing some new features?)
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2013-11-13, 21:42)MilhouseVH Wrote: Pretty sure the "?0?" is introduced by the fernetmenta patch, without this patch the audio settings are correct (though maybe missing some new features?)

Should just be removed. That patch makes no sense on the Pi.
(2013-11-13, 21:47)popcornmix Wrote: Should just be removed. That patch makes no sense on the Pi.

To be clear, we're talking about this patch not making sense on a Pi? I've left it out of my last two public builds.

Also, any idea why OpenELEC fails to build when including these three ffmpeg newclock3 commits - is there something else I need to add? End of the build log here (pastebin).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2013-11-13, 22:20)MilhouseVH Wrote: To be clear, we're talking about this patch not making sense on a Pi? I've left it out of my last two public builds.
Yes, I don't believe that will do any good on the Pi, and it messes up the settings.

(2013-11-13, 22:20)MilhouseVH Wrote: Also, any idea why OpenELEC fails to build when including these three ffmpeg newclock3 commits - is there something else I need to add? End of the build log here (pastebin).

No - I don't seem to get that error. What happens if you drop to patch to:
lib/DllAvCodec.h
(I don't see that it's needed)
(2013-11-13, 22:35)popcornmix Wrote: No - I don't seem to get that error. What happens if you drop to patch to:
lib/DllAvCodec.h
(I don't see that it's needed)

If I drop the patch to lib/DllAvCodec.h, I get this build failure.
(2013-11-13, 22:53)MilhouseVH Wrote: If I drop the patch to lib/DllAvCodec.h, I get this build failure.

Add a cast to DVDDemuxFFmpeg.cpp:1538:67:
Code:
(AVCodec*)
  • 91(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 223