• 93(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2
Have you update your build? in my fresh Installation, I hang in the start configuration.
(2013-11-15, 19:30)allan87 Wrote: • There are a couple of preexisting issues, not introduced by the build (i.e. commercial breaks on mythTV recordings skip prematurely, EDL advanced settings do not function correctly).

Is this reprocable without mythTV?
i.e. if you take the video (ts) file and the skip (edl) file and just play it through the file browser, do you see the problem?
(2013-11-15, 20:06)popcornmix Wrote:
(2013-11-15, 19:30)allan87 Wrote: • There are a couple of preexisting issues, not introduced by the build (i.e. commercial breaks on mythTV recordings skip prematurely, EDL advanced settings do not function correctly).
Is this reprocable without mythTV?
i.e. if you take the video (ts) file and the skip (edl) file and just play it through the file browser, do you see the problem?
I have never tried. Actually, it never occurred to me it could be done.

I will try, but I do no know where the EDL file is, or what to do with it when I find it. If you can tell me, I would appreciate it. If not, I will try to figure it out by myself.

Also, my recollection, from a couple of months ago, was that skipping worked correctly on a gotham alpha running on a macbook. I will test that as well to see if the most recent OS X monthly exhibits the same problem. Also, I have confirmed that the skip markers are accurate (i.e. I have looked at them in Mythfrontend and determined that they are in the right place).
(2013-11-14, 18:42)MilhouseVH Wrote:
(2013-11-14, 14:59)Koloss Wrote: Popcornmix or milhouse, can give us a new gotham build with newclock3 patch and airplay fix?

Here you go: Dropbox.

It's standard OpenELEC master plus newclock3 patches. I have no idea about any Airplay fix - unless it's been pushed upstream it's not in this build.

Hi,

i have also tested your build and Live-TV does not work.
Iam using a all on one device setup, so XBMC and tvheadend-backand on one PI.
With your version and with a version i have build myself am not able to view Live-TV
because of stuttering. It is also not possible to view Live-TV from a remote Laptop.
TVHeadend does report lots of "Continuity counter error".
If i go back to OpenELEC-RPi.arm-Rbej-Version-Gotham-Popcornmix-Branch(09.10.2013) Live-TV works.
Maybe its a kernel-related problem? Iam trying to compile my own version with the same kernel as of Popcornmix-Branch,
but i don't know if i succeed.

Best Regards
@popcornmix: In your last Version i have the same Problem, with a fresh Installation!
(2013-11-15, 21:27)Koloss Wrote: @popcornmix: In your last Version i have the same Problem, with a fresh Installation!

Koloss, see here.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2013-11-15, 20:55)allan87 Wrote: I will try, but I do no know where the EDL file is, or what to do with it when I find it. If you can tell me, I would appreciate it. If not, I will try to figure it out by myself.

Afraid I don't know anymore than you. I don't use mythtv (or any pvr backend). I'm aware that the code looks for a file named like the video file but with an edl extension.
This appears to define skip start and stop points which are used for automatically seeking past commercials.

If you work out how far out the skip is? (e.g. perhaps you lose the first 5 seconds of program before the commercial break, but it starts correctly after the break)
it might give some clues. e.g. there is a buffer of video+audio between the ARM and GPU that is typically a few seconds, and using the time from the wrong end of that buffer may explain a few seconds error.
If it's 30 seconds then it must be something else.
Hey guys!

Can anyone provde me with a link to where I can find and download the latest versions of Gotham relases to my Pi?

I looked at http://netlir.dk/rbej/builds/ but there hasnt been any updates since oct 02...
(2013-11-15, 22:10)corb06 Wrote: Hey guys!

Can anyone provde me with a link to where I can find and download the latest versions of Gotham relases to my Pi?

I looked at http://netlir.dk/rbej/builds/ but there hasnt been any updates since oct 02...

Try reading the last few pages, in particular post #1372...
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2013-11-15, 21:37)MilhouseVH Wrote:
(2013-11-15, 21:27)Koloss Wrote: @popcornmix: In your last Version i have the same Problem, with a fresh Installation!

Koloss, see here.

Why not openelec team fix this big bug?
(2013-11-15, 22:57)Koloss Wrote:
(2013-11-15, 21:37)MilhouseVH Wrote:

Koloss, see here.

They're aware of it. Not really a "big bug" unless you're installing a development build from scratch, and my guess is few do this right now (it's a development build, bugs are to be expected).My advice would be to install with a stock release build, configure that, then upgrade to a development build.
(2013-11-15, 23:06)MilhouseVH Wrote:
(2013-11-15, 22:57)Koloss Wrote:
(2013-11-15, 21:37)MilhouseVH Wrote: Koloss, see here.

They're aware of it. Not really a "big bug" unless you're installing a development build from scratch, and my guess is few do this right now (it's a development build, bugs are to be expected).My advice would be to install with a stock release build, configure that, then upgrade to a development build.
Okay thanks, i tested tomorrow!
I hang on updating kernel...
(2013-11-16, 12:01)Koloss Wrote: I hang on updating kernel...

What builds are you updating from, and also to, when it hangs? Are you overclocked?
1. From latest rbej build!
2. when i manuelly copy the Image files do SD-Card it is running
3. The database myVideos77.db is new, my old is myvideos76.db, how can i update this
4. Yes, AIRPLAY is running

Edit: 2. it updated self when i copy the myvideos76.db in the Folder and delete myvideos77.db

No video file running, the screen is black, sometimes when jump forward or rewind i see the video.
.mkv and .ts files all videos has the same problem.

When i stop the movie then i see for 1 second a video image.
  • 93(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 223