• 120(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2
Thank you guys, great build!

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
Just a small observation about GUI sounds - if the volume is muted, the GUI sounds are still audible (playback audio is correctly muted). Not sure if this is expected behaviour or difficult to resolve. Minor issue though.

Also the problem I reported previously where you would see and hear a brief glimpse of video/audio while changing refresh rates, this is now fixed and it's back to "normal" behaviour. Smile
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2013-12-08, 14:05)heniek12 Wrote: How to turn on subtitles download services in recent builds ? I've read they are now separate addons for each subtitles services, instead of one, but I can't find it anywhere in addons. I found some settings in video -> subtitles, tv and movies, but when I click on either i got empty list and I can't choose "get more ..." option.

it doesnt work perfect, though, simply try to force refresh of XBMC.org add-ons
you'll have Subtitles from each
you can define in the Subtitles area the default one
(2013-12-08, 16:08)Shanyel Wrote:
(2013-12-08, 14:05)heniek12 Wrote: How to turn on subtitles download services in recent builds ? I've read they are now separate addons for each subtitles services, instead of one, but I can't find it anywhere in addons. I found some settings in video -> subtitles, tv and movies, but when I click on either i got empty list and I can't choose "get more ..." option.

it doesnt work perfect, though, simply try to force refresh of XBMC.org add-ons
you'll have Subtitles from each
you can define in the Subtitles area the default one

Thank you very much, got it working Smile
No EPG here

DvbViewer
(2013-12-07, 16:26)tas* Wrote:
(2013-12-07, 15:52)Reddog999 Wrote: Thank you so much for this - at last I can use my gpio receiver with the latest builds and their enhancements.
A few of my custom buttons don't work but I can live with that.
By the way, how did you come up with that 2nd command?

I got the info to get it working again from here and here. This shouldn't affect the button mapping though, which remote are you using?
Sorry for the delay in answering - I've been trying to get my custom buttons back.

I also used that link on the OpenELEC forum to originally get the gpio receiver to work but it's interesting that your other link is to a website last updated 10-06-2012 that has the magic command to get it working again - which is only needed to be performed on the more recent builds.

I'm using a Samsung BN59-00684A remote from an old tv with a lircd.conf that I downloaded from somewhere.
After some checking I've found that my custom /userdata/Lircmap.xml is not being read anymore - it appears that the /usr/share/xbmc/system/Lircmap.xml is used with devinput as the default. So to fix my custom buttons I just took some of the spares from devinput, put their KEY names in my lircd.conf and reworked Remote.xml to get them running.

Once again thanks for the fix and also thanks to popcornmix and MilhouseVH for these new builds - it's great to see how much things have moved on since the beginning of October.
(2013-12-08, 12:07)MilhouseVH Wrote: New OpenELEC Gotham build: #0812.

Code:
rpi512:~ # uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.12.3 #1 PREEMPT Sun Dec 8 09:39:26 GMT 2013 armv6l GNU/Linux
rrpi512:~ # vcgencmd version
Dec  2 2013 20:30:23
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 0334d765c5cb144589b4d7a4ac68ae8f136491e1 (clean) (release)
rpi512:~ # lsb_release
OpenELEC_Gotham (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20131208095213-r16511

Based on tip of XBMC master (1a375ee8) and tip of OpenELEC master (95e91df3) with the following modifications:
  • Includes these newclock3 commits (except for 491d927 which I've replaced with a static spinner)
  • Includes proposed fix for NFS scraping (PR 3772)
  • Excludes the fernetmenta patch as this conflicts with the newclock3 ffmpeg (67ab12c) patch
This build includes the latest subtitle commit from Popcornmix.

After updating, TVheadend stopped working with this I'm afraid. Reverted to build 16442 and it's still wasn't working, so I disconnected the power and checked the cables (I'm sure they were fine though as I'd been watching TV shortly before) and then it was working again. Tried this build again and it sort of works but the EPG doesn't populate, when Resetting PVR database it shows "Starting PVR" for a while but then never loads the EPG data either.

If I go to LiveTV, which just shows a list of channels and select one, it starts playing in a box next to the list but doesn't go fullscreen.

Reverted to build 16442 again and it's working fine with that now.
(2013-12-08, 18:53)doveman2 Wrote: After updating, TVheadend stopped working with this I'm afraid. Reverted to build 16442 and it's still wasn't working, so I disconnected the power and checked the cables (I'm sure they were fine though as I'd been watching TV shortly before) and then it was working again. Tried this build again and it sort of works but the EPG doesn't populate, when Resetting PVR database it shows "Starting PVR" for a while but then never loads the EPG data either.

Seems EPG is broken upstream. You'll have to wait for a fix:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/3770
Working 100% for me. Aspect ratio 100% at 1. Just over scan still being lost between reboots.

Ja an interesting problem. Could update with the tar file because I ran out of space in the update folder every time in tried to copy the tar file. Is the a space limit on the tar file ?

Mmm. If no its one of my older SD cards that I haven't expanded the storage yet
@popcornmix

Any idea on the issue with blu-ray iso's not playing with omxplayer?
(2013-12-08, 11:25)MilhouseVH Wrote:
(2013-12-07, 21:38)unclejoe01 Wrote: I'm trying to boot from nfs using the following cmdline.txt

ip=dhcp netboot=nfs boot=NFS=192.168.1.3:/media/data5/OpenELEC/System disk=NFS=192.168.1.3:/media/data5/OpenELEC/Storage ssh quiet

it works fine Rbej builds but not working with milhouse builds, any idea what changed or what I'm doing wrong with these newer builds?

thanks
-joe

Not sure what, if anything, has changed but I would say that booting over NFS - while an interesting technical solution - is not really ideal and in practice leads to more problems than it solves (for instance, you lose all ability to update using the built-in update mechanisms). You can boot OpenELEC using an SD card as small as 256MB. Also you can drop the "netboot=nfs" option as that has no purpose.

How do you suggest i should run it then, without sdcard becoming corrupt?
(2013-12-08, 19:38)unclejoe01 Wrote: How do you suggest i should run it then, without sdcard becoming corrupt?

I believe the sdcard corruption issue (even with overclock) is solved in recent firmwares.
(2013-12-08, 19:52)popcornmix Wrote:
(2013-12-08, 19:38)unclejoe01 Wrote: How do you suggest i should run it then, without sdcard becoming corrupt?

I believe the sdcard corruption issue (even with overclock) is solved in recent firmwares.

I certainly haven't had a problem with it overclocked using my Sandisk SD card. I did have a problem using a no-name 4GB a few months ago but recent firmwares may have made that work OK now.
(2013-12-08, 03:39)javaboyuk Wrote: If you search for "crash" you should find an example of an .iso file playing.

If you search for "bride" you should find an example of it failing!

crash is h.264
bride is vc1

You need to buy a licence for vc1 (http://www.raspberrypi.com/ click buy codecs, it's only £1.20)
There's a few updates to newclock3 branch:
Fix for calibration not working when TV supports 3d modes.
Fix for mono playback of HSBS/HTAB videos.
Added Sam's airplay PR.
  • 120(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 223