• 130(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2
No problem, hope this helps! http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=97877

If you need me to do any other testing, just ask.
In your log, when does the problem start?
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
It started happening after approximately 10 minutes. I'm not sure where that corresponds to in the debug log, but I'm guessing it has something to do with the flood of...

"16:00:22 1597.086060 T:2760893520 DEBUG: JSONRPC: Incoming request: [{"id":0,"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Player.GetActivePlayers"},{"id":1,"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Application.GetProperties","params":{"properties":["volume","muted"]}}]"
(2013-12-15, 20:23)popcornmix Wrote:
(2013-12-15, 19:52)allan87 Wrote: This build is crash city for me. I suspect my audio settings are implicated, but attempting to change any of these settings (even being in the menu) causes a crash. Even turning on debug logging causes a crash.

Could you try moving .xbmc out of the way and see if it is still crashy with no custom settings.
If that is okay, then can you start enabling your usual settings, and try to spot what setting makes it start crashing.
Well, I would have tried this, but ssh was also broken (Connection refused). As a partial measure, I tried removing my advancedsettings and guisettings (via the samba share), but that did not help either.

I am now running the pi chimney r16572, and things are mostly back in order, but ssh is still broken. It was fine before I tried the milhouse r16572 build, and figure all the crashing corrupted something somewhere. Any thoughts about what to delete will be welcome. I have already checked the relevant openelec "services" settings.
(2013-12-16, 00:36)Hormesis Wrote: It started happening after approximately 10 minutes. I'm not sure where that corresponds to in the debug log, but I'm guessing it has something to do with the flood of...

"16:00:22 1597.086060 T:2760893520 DEBUG: JSONRPC: Incoming request: [{"id":0,"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Player.GetActivePlayers"},{"id":1,"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Application.GetProperties","params":{"properties":["volume","muted"]}}]"

Are you by any chance using Yatse on an Android phone or tablet? Yatse floods the device with JSON queries rather than use JSON notifications to monitor client changes. It shouldn't cause the problems you mention, but it's a non-scalable solution so who knows what happens if you have multiple Android devices running Yatse and flooding a single XBMC client (poor Pi). Sad

Anyway, it's a very long log - unless you can pin down an approximate time it's difficult to know what is going on or what is causing it. I normally tail the log over ssh, allowing you to spot when abnormal behaviour starts.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
I am using Yatse, yes. I'll try and completely shut my phone off while music is playing and see if that does the trick, and or nail down a point in the log that would be of more use.
i still can't play live streams (tv or files)
here's the xbmc.log
http://pastebin.com/BCd6SquF
(2013-12-16, 18:08)deejayq Wrote: i still can't play live streams (tv or files)
here's the xbmc.log
http://pastebin.com/BCd6SquF

Can you play any files?
Can you disable "Play GUI sounds" and turn off "Keep audio device alive" and restart.

Any different? If not can you post another log with debug enabled.
disabled gui sounds
keep audio device alive wasn't on
same problem
here's the debug log
http://pastebin.com/nz63VsNw
(2013-12-16, 19:13)deejayq Wrote: disabled gui sounds
keep audio device alive wasn't on
same problem

Does disabling passthrough help?
yes, that helped, but i have my raspberry pi connected to my tv via hdmi and my tv to the home cinema via optical.
and my home cinema does ac3 decoding
so letting passthrough disabled is not an option for me
(2013-12-16, 19:33)deejayq Wrote: yes, that helped, but i have my raspberry pi connected to my tv via hdmi and my tv to the home cinema via optical.
and my home cinema does ac3 decoding
so letting passthrough disabled is not an option for me

Understood. Knowing what works and what doesn't helps narrow down the problem.
also "Start playback minimised" in Live tv freezes the channels, the older versions didn't do that.
and it takes a longer time to stop playing a channel than in the older versions.
later edit: seems to be working now (changed back passthrough to on), but changing from a stereo channel to a 5.1 channel drops me to the channel list.
and i've noticed that the channel info shows resolution 4k instead of 1080i (don't know if it was an issue in the older builds)
(2013-12-15, 20:57)MilhouseVH Wrote: Final build of the day, #1512c includes "Don't allow passthrough and dual audio" commit in piaudio_sink - now fully up to date with all newclock3 and piaudio_sink commits. See post #1920 for details.
I've applied the piaudio_sink branch to newclock3 as it seems this scheme (rather than the Pi audio engine scheme) is the one to pursue.

Not much change from 1512c just fixed the conflict is visualiation removal commit and the addition of:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/3845
My brother reports he's having a problem with playing videos with external subtitle files, where at the start of the movie, it shows ALL the subtitles in a rush but then when the first person starts to talk, they settle down and get in sync. He's on 16442 still, same as me. Have there been any fixes since that would stop this happening? If not, is this a known problem that's being looked at?
  • 130(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 223