• 147(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2
(2014-01-04, 10:24)doveman2 Wrote: I've been meaning to ask if the debug logging could be made less intrusive but maybe that's something I need to ask the OE devs?

See:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Adv...ttings.xml
Code:
<loglevel hide="false">1</loglevel>

Should allow logging to be enabled without text appearing on the screen.
Be aware there is some performance cost to this (and it can easily fill your sdcard if left enabled for days), so don't forget when it's enabled.
are there any optimizations to Live TV minimized? because it keeps freezing.
also the problem with VNSI addon not being able to connect to VDR in r16808 seems to have been fixed in r16822.
sometimes under heavy usage the network disconnects.
What are the pros and cons of having swap enabled on a 256 RPi?
Thanks!

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
(2014-01-04, 11:54)freem@n Wrote: sorry for the stupid question, but what is the swap good for?

(2014-01-04, 15:36)xbs08 Wrote: What are the pros and cons of having swap enabled on a 256 RPi?

On the 256MB Pi, a small (128MB) swap file might prevent out of memory (OOM) situations. On a 512MB Pi the benefits are much less pronounced as OOM situations are extremely rare.

(2014-01-04, 11:54)freem@n Wrote: Isn't swap memory on the SD Card also pretty slow in comparison to the dedicated RAM?
Swap memory on any storage medium is always slower than RAM!

It's handy to have if you're in a pinch, as you might be with a 256MB Pi, but memory optimisations are the best solution and great strides have been made in that area over the last few months.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Just wondering if there is a way to output mono audio to all speakers?

In the options there is a setting to output stereo to all speakers but it doesn't do the same for mono. (Official 3.2.3)
@MilHouseVH
I believe you reported a (minor) bug where 1080p fanart got resized to 1920x1088 when adding to thumbnail cached.
I've added a commit to newclock3 that removes the aligning up of cached jpeg's width/height (and then tries to handle height/strides correctly later).

Can you test? In theory rescraping fanart after this change will result in slightly higher quality (when gui limit is 1080p).
(2013-12-24, 11:50)mcarni Wrote:
(2013-12-24, 05:42)MilhouseVH Wrote:
(2013-12-23, 22:13)mcarni Wrote: xbmc log if It can be of any help

could you please let me know if this is a known issue and/or if there is anything i can do to help fix it?

The VideoScanner is throwing an exception in line 1065, but there's really not much information to go on. Is the nfo for 12 Monkeys correctly formatted? Try removing the nfo for 12 Monkeys and see if the scanner fails in the same way on the next movie. If the 12 Monkeys nfo is part of the problem, it might be useful to upload it and see if anyone else can reproduce the same problem.

I don't know if anyone else is seeing this same problem, you may need to raise a bug for it.

Thanks Milhouse, I renamed the "12 monkeys" nfo file and tried to scan the source but still nothing happens.
I tried also to "add movie information" directly to "12 monkeys" but no luck.

Not sure if it is relevant, when updating the library I get a popup message saying "unable to connect to the remote server, do you want to continue scanning...", which is trange since I can browse through the nfs share

thanks

m

When today I updated to the latest Milhouse Release (devel-20140104002015-r16822) I hoped that this would have solved my issue (no update on movie library, a popup saying "unable to connect to server" or simply no scan at all) since this didn't do it I did what I was supposed to do in the first place.

I backed up my storage folder and booted into a new blank one (I copied over only addon_data, sources, profiles and favourites to make my life easier...) i then reset the content on the movie folder and then run a scan for new content which this time ran perfectly.

I am writing here in case it can be of any help for other people with a similar issue.

thanks

M
(2014-01-04, 21:54)popcornmix Wrote: @MilHouseVH
I believe you reported a (minor) bug where 1080p fanart got resized to 1920x1088 when adding to thumbnail cached.
I've added a commit to newclock3 that removes the aligning up of cached jpeg's width/height (and then tries to handle height/strides correctly later).

Can you test? In theory rescraping fanart after this change will result in slightly higher quality (when gui limit is 1080p).

I'll retest and let you know!

For anyone that is interested, I've uploaded another new version of bcmstat.sh that will monitor GPU free memory statistics with the "g" command line option. Tested on OpenELEC and Raspbian, hopefully it works on Rpasbmc (untested by me, the script shouldn't need to be run with sudo although it will use sudo to run vcdbg if required, which will only be called when the "g" option is specified).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
@popcornmix: I've noticed a problem (might be b-frame related) with my last #0104 build, specifically when resuming xvid/mp3 movies (might be other formats too, only ones I've noticed so far).

Here's a partial log of me resuming a movie when the resume point is set to 46m00.

If I start playback from the beginning the movie plays fine, it's only when resuming that there is a problem - a frame of the movie will appear on the screen (a frame from the resume position) however playback will be frozen. GUI input still works, so I can stop the movie. Pressing pause/play has no effect on playback. I have the same resume problem on another xvid/mp3 avid movie too (movies that until recently have not been a problem when resuming).
(2014-01-05, 00:18)MilhouseVH Wrote: @popcornmix: I've noticed a problem (might be b-frame related) with my last #0104 build, specifically when resuming xvid/mp3 movies (might be other formats too, only ones I've noticed so far).

Can you try reverting:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/3728
(2014-01-04, 21:54)popcornmix Wrote: @MilHouseVH

I ran a quick test, and the image quality isn't noticeably different before/after, however the proportions are much better - correct 1920x1080 now, many thanks! Looking at the "before" artwork fullscreen on a 1920x1080 monitor using something like Windows Photo Viewer it's clear there are black borders being added due to the unusual proportions, but the "after" version is perfect, no borders. Presumably this would have been an issue for xbmc too.

Anyone that wants to know how to re-cache just fanart - details are here.

I'm building now with the patch reverted and will update shortly.
(2014-01-04, 13:12)popcornmix Wrote: See:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Adv...ttings.xml
Code:
<loglevel hide="false">1</loglevel>

Should allow logging to be enabled without text appearing on the screen.
Be aware there is some performance cost to this (and it can easily fill your sdcard if left enabled for days), so don't forget when it's enabled.

That's cool, thanks for the tip.
(2014-01-05, 00:47)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-01-05, 00:18)MilhouseVH Wrote: @popcornmix: I've noticed a problem (might be b-frame related) with my last #0104 build, specifically when resuming xvid/mp3 movies (might be other formats too, only ones I've noticed so far).

Can you try reverting:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/3728

Yes, reverting the above patch fixes the problem - resume now works for both movies that were having problems before, cheers!
(2014-01-04, 03:19)MilhouseVH Wrote: @spjonez: I asked the OpenELEC guys about supporting swap on the R-Pi and it's now included in master (thanks @sraue), so this build (and all future builds) has official swap support, although It's not enabled by default
Awesome thanks! That's simple enough, I was afraid I'd have to compile my own builds. I have several 512mb Pi's and I've found swap helps with more intensive themes.
New OpenELEC Gotham build: #0105 (obsolete)

Code:
rpi512:~ # uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.12.6 #1 PREEMPT Sat Jan 4 23:54:00 GMT 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux
rpi512:~ # vcgencmd version
Dec  2 2013 20:30:23
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 0334d765c5cb144589b4d7a4ac68ae8f136491e1 (clean) (release)
rpi512:~ # lsb_release
OpenELEC_Gotham (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20140105000627-r16844-g8ab2093

Based on tip of XBMC master (d04a70fe84) and tip of OpenELEC master (8ab20932fe) with the following modifications:
  • Includes these newclock3 commits (except for e883f39 which I've replaced with a static spinner)
  • Reverts PR:3728 as this PR prevents xvid movies from resuming correctly
  • Excludes the fernetmenta patches (due to conflict with newclock3)

This build includes the newclock3 patch to generate correctly proportioned 1920x1080 fanart, see here to force re-caching of only fanart.
  • 147(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 223