• 148(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2
Only tested .avi xvid/mp3 but movies divided in two parts (e.g. *.CD1 *.CD2) don't automatically load the 2nd part (CD2) at the end of 1st part (CD1).

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
The TvHeadend service was maxing out the cpu on the latest build posted today, slowing everything down to a crawl. Disabling the service normalises everything again.
(2014-01-05, 12:31)xbs08 Wrote: Only tested .avi xvid/mp3 but movies divided in two parts (e.g. *.CD1 *.CD2) don't automatically load the 2nd part (CD2) at the end of 1st part (CD1).

Have you enabled stacking?
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=File_stacking
(2014-01-05, 00:00)MilhouseVH Wrote: For anyone that is interested, I've uploaded another new version of bcmstat.sh that will monitor GPU free memory statistics with the "g" command line option. Tested on OpenELEC and Raspbian, hopefully it works on Rpasbmc (untested by me, the script shouldn't need to be run with sudo although it will use sudo to run vcdbg if required, which will only be called when the "g" option is specified).

I was running this (./bcmstat.sh c xg), "Version 0.0.3 - 4 Jan 2014" on your latest openelec build and got:
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./bcmstat.sh", line 575, in <module>
    main(sys.argv[1:])
  File "./bcmstat.sh", line 563, in main
    getGPUMem(GPU)
  File "./bcmstat.sh", line 264, in getGPUMem
    gpudata = vcdbg("reloc")[:512]
  File "./bcmstat.sh", line 82, in vcdbg
    return runcommand("%s%s %s" % (SUDO, VCDBGCMD, args))
  File "./bcmstat.sh", line 55, in runcommand
    return subprocess.check_output(command.split(" "), stderr=subprocess.STDOUT).decode("utf-8")[:-1]
  File "./Lib/encodings/utf_8.py", line 16, in decode
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xcc in position 22066: invalid continuation byte
(2014-01-05, 16:33)Trixster Wrote: The TvHeadend service was maxing out the cpu on the latest build posted today, slowing everything down to a crawl. Disabling the service normalises everything again.

Can't say I've noticed that problem since updating (I haven't been monitoring the CPU but haven't noticed anything being slower than before either). Maybe try toggling some of the settings as discussed here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1588694 as I think some of them can cause extra/constant load.
(2014-01-05, 17:13)popcornmix Wrote: I was running this (./bcmstat.sh c xg), "Version 0.0.3 - 4 Jan 2014" on your latest openelec build and got:

Eugh...never seen that before in my testing. I've uploaded a new version which doesn't bother with the utf-8 conversion as none of the data should (in theory) require it, hopefully that fixes it.

Also this new version allows you to specify default parameters in ~/.bcmstat.conf. If you set the following:
Code:
xcg
then you can just run "./bcmstat.sh" and the xcg arguments will be applied by default.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Hi Millhouse,
Tried your last build but unfort. airplay with ios7.0.4 doesnt work for pix or vidz.

And another question, that is not clear to me, is the 3D behaviour in Gotham in contrast to Frodo.
In Frodo (official openelec 3.2.4) my LG 3D TV switches automaticly in 3D Mode if i start a movie that has 3DSBS for side by side or 3DTAB for over and under Format in the Name of the mkv. And the Menu in xbmc is also correct in 3D Mode!

Since Gotham i must choose in the menu BUT the picture on my Screen stays side by side or over under, and i must push the 3D Button on my remote to switch to 3D mode manually.

There was, a while ago, one Version from Popcornmix fixed, that has this automaticly switch to 3D Mode.

Is there hope that in a final build, the auto-switch Function comes back. Then otherwise i am stuck in Frodo forever Wink

Thx for your help. You re doin a great Job,
J.
(2014-01-05, 16:50)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-01-05, 12:31)xbs08 Wrote: Only tested .avi xvid/mp3 but movies divided in two parts (e.g. *.CD1 *.CD2) don't automatically load the 2nd part (CD2) at the end of 1st part (CD1).

Have you enabled stacking?
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=File_stacking

Of course, I was in file mode and it wasn't enabled. In library it doesn't need to be enabled to "stack".
Thank you.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
Milhouse what version of librtmp is included on latest release?
(2014-01-05, 19:53)fightnight Wrote: Milhouse what version of librtmp is included on latest release?

Version 2.4, from 20 July 2011. Same version as stock OpenELEC.

If you want a more recent version of librtmp in OpenELEC, see this hack and download the library from Red Penguin.

(2014-01-05, 19:32)SSC_Jarod Wrote: Is there hope that in a final build, the auto-switch Function comes back. Then otherwise i am stuck in Frodo forever Wink

I'll leave this to popconrmix to answer, but if there is a patch available that fixes this behaviour I'll try to include it.

I've now moved the bcmstat.sh code to github, so if you update again (to version 0.0.6, using the same url as before or directly from github) then in future the script will auto-update itself whenever there is a new version available. Options added in this release: V for version check, U to update if new version available, F to force an update and C to disable auto-update.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
It would be great if you include the RP librtmp version on your builds.

Is that possible? I think rbej version includes this. Wink
On the last few builds I experience random pauses in video playback. The pauses are in length random also. I have narrowed it down to E-AC3 option in "System --> Audio output --> Dolby Digital Plus (E-AC3) capable receiver". When enabled every series or movie random pauses even when the audio source is DTS. Needless to say that my receiver supports Dolby Digital Plus.
(2014-01-05, 21:17)wizzard72 Wrote: On the last few builds I experience random pauses in video playback. The pauses are in length random also. I have narrowed it down to E-AC3 option in "System --> Audio output --> Dolby Digital Plus (E-AC3) capable receiver". When enabled every series or movie random pauses even when the audio source is DTS. Needless to say that my receiver supports Dolby Digital Plus.

Do you have gui sounds enabled when playing video?
(2014-01-05, 21:21)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-01-05, 21:17)wizzard72 Wrote: On the last few builds I experience random pauses in video playback. The pauses are in length random also. I have narrowed it down to E-AC3 option in "System --> Audio output --> Dolby Digital Plus (E-AC3) capable receiver". When enabled every series or movie random pauses even when the audio source is DTS. Needless to say that my receiver supports Dolby Digital Plus.

Do you have gui sounds enabled when playing video?

No GUI sound enabled.
(2014-01-05, 21:25)wizzard72 Wrote: No GUI sound enabled.

Can't imagine a reason. Can you post a debug log with it happening.
  • 148(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 223