Updated Frodo Branch

- updated OpenElec build

- updated firmware

- updated kernel to 3.10.27

- FFmpeg 1.2.5

- enable swap for Rpi 256 MB.

http://netlir.dk/rbej/builds/

http://lysin.me/rbej

(2014-01-18, 22:55)rbej Wrote: - enable swap for Rpi 256 MB.

Thanky you! Angel
New OpenELEC Gotham build: #0118 (obsolete)

Code:
rpi512:~ # uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.12.8 #1 PREEMPT Sat Jan 18 22:17:32 GMT 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux
rpi512:~ # vcgencmd version
Jan 10 2014 16:54:51
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version efa116b5c8859c352322cb27e13baccbea583ef7 (clean) (release)
rpi512:~ # lsb_release
OpenELEC_Gotham (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20140118221637-r17048-g649a95a

Based on tip of XBMC master (bff4588, changelog) and tip of OpenELEC master (649a95a, changelog) with the following modifications: Now with hardware decode in dvdplayer!

Popcornmix has added hardware decode support to dvdplayer in newclock3, which is included in this build. The Raspberry Pi should now handle 720p H.264/MPEG-4/MPEG-2/VC-1 when using dvdplayer. Please give it a try - there's probably bugs, but this could be interesting.

I've given it a quick test with a DVD ISO streamed over NFS (OS mount) and CPU loading during video playback is significantly reduced, and audio sync is much improved, although CPU load within the menu is still 100% and a little jerky (the menu is not a problem when using omxplayer).

On my test DVD ISO (it's a rip of the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy - BBC version - Extras disc, mpeg2/ac3) I played a couple of the available extras and whenever the extra had finished playing and returned to the menu, the menu would now flicker several times a second with a green overlay. Stopping and restarting playback with dvdplayer still had the green flicker, only killing xbmc.bin would fixed it but it's reproducible. Flicker is only a problem with dvdplayer - no green flicker with omxplayer.

Also the codec information is a little odd - when selecting "DVDPlayer" in "Play Using...", and having selected to play one of the extras, the codec info initially shows dc:libmpeg2 at the start of playback (maybe being used for the menu?) then switches to dc:omx-mpeg2 for the remaining video playback. Should it be showing dc:omx-mpeg2 when using dvdplayer?

Debug log starting playback of the DVD ISO, playing the extra (@2196.534668), seeking towards the end (@2219.196045) and returning to the menu (@2222.280518) which is now flickering with the green overlay.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2014-01-18, 15:37)ranem123 Wrote: are anyone use an USB 3.0 Jetflash 760 and know if it improve the performance ?

Thanks

I moved my storage from my powered HDD to jetflash 700, performance is good. I have a 16 GB
My library seems to be screwed up. It's showing multiple instances of the same movie.

How can I compact and remove the duplicates?
(2014-01-19, 05:05)suku_patel_22 Wrote: My library seems to be screwed up. It's showing multiple instances of the same movie.

How can I compact and remove the duplicates?

OT for this thread... start another thread as it's not a Pi specific problem. Ask in the General Help & Support section, though a search of the forum will find multiple threads from users who have experienced the same thing.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
@popcornmix. Not sure if this is your area or not, but trying to play https streams, affected by PR3875.

1. Playing streams through the "NRK Nett TV" plugin works perfect
2. Playing streams where I have added the livestreams to favourites from the "NRK Nett TV" plugin also works fine
3. Using the identical stream url as from the favourite in 2, but added to a m3u8/m3u playlist together with other streaming channels, for use with iptvsimple and the PVR functionality, it will not play...

I have added a debug log here. First I start playing from a favourite, just fine (10:54:04). Then I try to play the same stream via the PVR (10:56:57) which fails, spinners just spinning...

do you see what fails? Is it the bugfix of PR3875 that does not cover this case..?

This is the favourite file with entries that play fine.
Code:
<favourites>
    <favourite name="NRK 1" thumb="/storage/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.nrk/resources/images/nrk1.png">PlayMedia(&quot;https://nrk1us-f.akamaihd.net/i/nrk1us_0@102847/master.m3u8?dw=31&quot;)</favourite>
</favourites>
Not really my area, but it seems in the second case the stream is opened from CPVRClient::OpenStream which isn't affected by the PR.
Might be worth asking the PR's author if it makes sense to do the same thing in CPVRClient::OpenStream .
(2014-01-19, 00:59)MilhouseVH Wrote: I've given it a quick test with a DVD ISO streamed over NFS (OS mount) and CPU loading during video playback is significantly reduced, and audio sync is much improved, although CPU load within the menu is still 100% and a little jerky (the menu is not a problem when using omxplayer).
The menus actually fall back to software decode when hint.stills is true.

Quote:On my test DVD ISO (it's a rip of the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy - BBC version - Extras disc, mpeg2/ac3) I played a couple of the available extras and whenever the extra had finished playing and returned to the menu, the menu would now flicker several times a second with a green overlay. Stopping and restarting playback with dvdplayer still had the green flicker, only killing xbmc.bin would fixed it but it's reproducible. Flicker is only a problem with dvdplayer - no green flicker with omxplayer.
Yes. Initially the software decoded menu displays correctly. Once you have played some of the hardware decoded DVD, the next software decoded menu flickers green.
I don't know why. Possibly the hardware decode is getting the render queue out of sync compared to what the software decoder expects.

Quote:Also the codec information is a little odd - when selecting "DVDPlayer" in "Play Using...", and having selected to play one of the extras, the codec info initially shows dc:libmpeg2 at the start of playback (maybe being used for the menu?) then switches to dc:omx-mpeg2 for the remaining video playback. Should it be showing dc:omx-mpeg2 when using dvdplayer?
Yes, omx-mpeg2 is the name of the openmax hardware codec.
hi everyone

Been using Xbian Beta 2 for a while without any WLAN problems.

Also, Millhouse Gotham builds from this forum work fine, but Rbej Frodo builds my WLAN card is not recognized at boot

lsusb returns:

NetGear, Inc. WNA1000M 802.11bgn [Realtek RTL8188CUS]

So i guess there is some level of detection going on.

Any pointers?

Thanks
Possibly off topic for here, but I know you are doing a lot of work on the video player, so worth a punt. I have my Pi set to switch resolutions on video playback. Problem is, for live tv (tvheadend UK 1080i), it switches to 25Hz rather than 50Hz like it does on x86-based Openelec. I guess this is something to do with there only being 25 full frames, but it makes watching fast action or sport very difficult. Is there any way to set it so that if frame rates are < 25 < 50 but (eg 24 frames for movies is OK), it doubles the refresh rate?

Any help or ideas would be appreciated.
(2014-01-18, 22:55)rbej Wrote: Updated Frodo Branch

- updated OpenElec build

- updated firmware

- updated kernel to 3.10.27

- FFmpeg 1.2.5

http://netlir.dk/rbej/builds/

http://lysin.me/rbej

Can I ask what

means please ?

Trying to learn more about XBMC rather than just use it
(2014-01-19, 21:49)dunkle Wrote: Can I ask what

means please ?

Swap allows for using the disk drive (in this case most likely the SD Card) as a place to offload data that normally sits in the RAM to free up that RAM for other purposes. When the moved data is required again it is "swapped" back to RAM. This can be advantageous when RAM is limited - but can also have a downside....
i think we dont need swap partitio . The Pi 512 have enough ram but to week cpu that is what we need to optimize .
(2014-01-19, 22:17)ranem123 Wrote: i think we dont need swap partitio . The Pi 512 have enough ram but to week cpu that is what we need to optimize .

That's why it's only being used on the 256 raspberries Smile
  • 162(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 223