• 191(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2
I have cache buffer to 20MB but when i check real time cache (click "O" during the movie) it only fills to 10MB, did someone noticed this? I'm using 7-Feb Milhouse release.

Now I changed to about 25Mb and only show 12.5Mb cache.
It seems that is only coaching half what is configured.
(2014-02-07, 15:00)MilhouseVH Wrote: New OpenELEC Gotham build: #0207
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.13.2 #1 PREEMPT Fri Feb 7 11:58:29 GMT 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Feb  2 2014 15:29:51
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 09963e047b754ec3282f28bd3da7074a5a6fd418 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20140207121316-r17666-g54d5888

Based on tip of XBMC master (84ec9e1, changelog) and tip of OpenELEC master (54d5888, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes newclock3 commits (except for 3f4dddc which I've replaced with a static spinner)
  • Excludes the OpenELEC fernetmenta patches (due to conflict with newclock3)
  • "Show RSS Feed" default setting changed to disabled
Build Higlights:
  1. OpenELEC: New 3.13.2 kernel
  2. XBMC: New music (v45) and video (v78) databases - expect a delay while databases are updated when booting this build the first time
  3. XBMC: Manual subtitle search button fixed
  4. newclock3: Allow av sync type to be enabled

Additional Testing Notes:
  1. Testers should try adding the following entry to their advancedsettings.xml:
    Code:
    <advancedsettings>
      <video>
        <defaultplayer>dvdplayer</defaultplayer>
        <defaultdvdplayer>dvdplayer</defaultdvdplayer>
      </video>
    </advancedsettings>
    and report if it is better/worse than omxplayer. You can still play files with omxplayer using the context-menu "Play using... OMXPlayer".

2. The following settings are no longer required in config.txt and should be removed:
    Code:
    no_hdmi_resample=1
    hdmi_stream_channels=1
    no_resample_audio is now a default, and hdmi_stream_channels is switched based on audio content. For the time being when using passthrough, 2.0 speaker layout should continue to be used (you will still get 5.1 with AC3/DTS).

Is there a way of maintaining the advanced settings changed?

I alter to include DVD player, but when I reboot the XML file goes back to default without the changes I made.
(2014-02-09, 04:02)Mafarricos Wrote: I alter to include DVD player, but when I reboot the XML file goes back to default without the changes I made.

Most likely you're rebooting the Pi before it has committed any changes you've made, so make sure you run "sync" (to commit updates to the filesystem) before "reboot". If that doesn't work, then you're editing the wrong file...
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2014-02-09, 00:45)tfouto Wrote: if i make killall lircd, it says no process active...

To get usb mceir blasting to work, I need to run:
/usr/sbin/lircd --driver=default --device=/dev/lirc0 --uinput --output=/var/run/lirc/lircd --pidfile=/var/run/lirc/lircd-lirc0.pid /storage/ .config/lircd.conf

Then I can run commands like:
irsend SEND_ONCE "Toshiba_CT-90101_TV" "Mute"

Hope this helps you.
(2014-02-09, 08:07)MilhouseVH Wrote:
(2014-02-09, 04:02)Mafarricos Wrote: I alter to include DVD player, but when I reboot the XML file goes back to default without the changes I made.

Most likely you're rebooting the Pi before it has committed any changes you've made, so make sure you run "sync" (to commit updates to the filesystem) before "reboot". If that doesn't work, then you're editing the wrong file...

The file is on folder userdata. I will try to use sync.

And about real cache buffer being half size what is configured? No one has this issue?
Another bug, if is needed logfile I will provide.
Youtube videos that are SD in dvdplayer play with a 180° rotation with omxplayer play OK. 720p play OK in both.
(2014-02-09, 00:36)MilhouseVH Wrote:
(2014-02-09, 00:04)freem@n Wrote: I can't seem to change the resolution to 1080p..the resolution switch is greyed out in the settings somehow although I remember it was working a while ago when I last tried it.

Working here, so I suspect your settings may be messed up - try a fresh guisettings.xml.

ok, I started from scratch - reformatted my sd card and installed your latest gotham build. (doesn't take long luckily) but even on this fresh system the resolution switch under Settings->System->VideoOutput is somehow locked (greyed out). when I load up the guisettings.xml manually I can see under <videoscreen> the screen resolution at <resolution>16</resolution> which means 1280x720 afaik. my Raspberry Pi is hooked up to my monitor via an HDMI>DVI adaptor, but I am 100% sure that it was working flawlessly a while ago (couple of days).

---------------------------------------
EDIT: scratch that. I fixed it by adding
Code:
hdmi_ignore_edid=0xa5000080
hdmi_group=1
hdmi_drive=1
hdmi_mode=16

to my config.txt. still unsure why this is needed now..
HTPC LibreELEC 9.0 - Xperience1080+
RPi3 LibreELEC Milhouse build - Arctic Zephyr
(2014-02-09, 03:16)Mafarricos Wrote: I have cache buffer to 20MB but when i check real time cache (click "O" during the movie) it only fills to 10MB, did someone noticed this? I'm using 7-Feb Milhouse release.

I'm afraid that's how it is. See:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/3963

I did voice my concern, but the PR got accepted.
(2014-02-09, 11:13)craigbeat Wrote:
(2014-02-09, 00:45)tfouto Wrote: if i make killall lircd, it says no process active...

To get usb mceir blasting to work, I need to run:
/usr/sbin/lircd --driver=default --device=/dev/lirc0 --uinput --output=/var/run/lirc/lircd --pidfile=/var/run/lirc/lircd-lirc0.pid /storage/ .config/lircd.conf

Then I can run commands like:
irsend SEND_ONCE "Toshiba_CT-90101_TV" "Mute"

Hope this helps you.

THanks, but i am trying to put GPIO to work...
Regarding advancedsettings.xml:....

How many of Rbej advancedsettings, are necessary to use, on Milhouse build's, if we use omxplayer ?

Code:
<showexitbutton>false</showexitbutton>
  <destroywindowcontrols>false</destroywindowcontrols>
  <fanartres>540</fanartres>
  <imageres>256</imageres>
  <bginfoloadermaxthreads>2</bginfoloadermaxthreads>
  <useddsfanart>false</useddsfanart>

<video>
    <defaultplayer>omxplayer</defaultplayer>
    <defaultdvdplayer>omxplayer</defaultdvdplayer>
    <busydialogdelayms>750</busydialogdelayms>
  </video>

<audio>
    <defaultplayer>omxplayer</defaultplayer>
    <streamsilence>false</streamsilence>
    </audio>

<network>
    <cachemembuffersize>2621440</cachemembuffersize>
    <alwaysforcebuffer>0</alwaysforcebuffer>
    <limitcacherate>false</limitcacherate>
    <curlclienttimeout>30</curlclienttimeout>
  </network>

<lookandfeel>
    <guires>720</guires>
  </lookandfeel>

<samba>
    <clienttimeout>30</clienttimeout>
  </samba>

Best regards.
(2014-02-09, 13:48)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-02-09, 03:16)Mafarricos Wrote: I have cache buffer to 20MB but when i check real time cache (click "O" during the movie) it only fills to 10MB, did someone noticed this? I'm using 7-Feb Milhouse release.

I'm afraid that's how it is. See:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/3963

I did voice my concern, but the PR got accepted.

OK.

For me is not a big deal. I configure to 40mb and I will get the 20mb desired Wink

And for what I understood this is only for some file types?

The back flip SD videos on DVDplayer is a worst problem, for now sticking to omxplayer.
(2014-02-09, 18:43)delinend Wrote: How many of Rbej advancedsettings, are necessary to use, on Milhouse build's, if we use omxplayer ?

None whatsoever, and installing those settings will only cause problems so forget them all. You'd be better off just deleting your advancedsettings.xml file than including those settings.

Those Rbej settings are horribly out of date and their continued presence on the internet does more harm than good.

The system defaults in my build (and stock OE builds) will provide you with sane, usable, settings. To achieve basic functionality you do not need to add anything else to your own advancedsettings.xml.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2014-02-09, 18:54)MilhouseVH Wrote:
(2014-02-09, 18:43)delinend Wrote: How many of Rbej advancedsettings, are necessary to use, on Milhouse build's, if we use omxplayer ?

None whatsoever, and installing those settings will only cause problems so forget them all. You'd be better off just deleting your advancedsettings.xml file than including those settings.

Those Rbej settings are horribly out of date and their continued presence on the internet does more harm than good.

The system defaults in my build (and stock OE builds) will provide you with sane, usable, settings. To achieve basic functionality you do not need to add anything else to your own advancedsettings.xml.

Thanks Milhouse Big Grin
(2014-02-08, 17:44)mcarni Wrote:
(2014-02-08, 12:54)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-02-08, 00:15)mcarni Wrote: starting from release 0201 I am getting some "crackling" sounds when playing videos

Does "no_hdmi_resample=0" added to config.txt make any difference?

Thanks Popcornmix,

I tested briefly and it seesm that with "no_hdmi_resample=0" crackling sound with omxplayer are gone.

i dind't have time to test full lenght episodes, I will do more tests tonigth...

thanks a lot

M

sorry Popcornmix, I am confused.

I watched some bits of Madagascar 2 with my son, I clearly noticed the crackling sounds, so when we finished I checked the config.txt to see if the "no_hdmi_resample=0" was still there.
It kept saying that I/O error occurred and that the file not accessible (access through ssh, /flash mounted rw) , so I unplugged the SD card and restored the config.txt making sure that the "no_hdmi_resample=0" was there.

i played the movie and I could not hear any crakling

I wanted to run also the opposite test, so I commented out the "no_hdmi_resample=0" option and rebooted the raspberry
I played again the same movie and also this time no crackling.

then, at this point, I cannot say if the "no_hdmi_resample=0" option is actually helping

maybe it has to do with fresh reboot helping getting rid of the noise?
maybe it is just one of my settings?

sorry for being such a noob, let me know if there is anything you want me to test/do

m
(2014-02-09, 21:58)mcarni Wrote: sorry for being such a noob, let me know if there is anything you want me to test/do

Using ssh, you can check the value of a config.txt setting:
Code:
vcgencmd get_config no_hdmi_resample

It should be 1 if not specified in config.txt.

Assuming it is currently 1, then just keep an eye out for crackling (ideally watch the video that gave you the problem again).
I imagine it only affects certain audo formats/samplerates.

If you hear it again, the add no_hdmi_resample=0 to config.txt, reboot, confirm it is present with the command above, and see if it's fixed.
To be sure you could remove it, reboot, confirm and test once more.

I'm quite interested in this, as I have heard the crackling in the past, but not for a long time, and would like to be sure if it's still present.
  • 191(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 223