• 197(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2
with dvdplayer, my movies are over head.
(2014-02-14, 17:00)Mister XY Wrote: with dvdplayer, my movies are over head.

Turn off deinterlace for now.
(2014-02-13, 22:19)SSC_Jarod Wrote: Hello Millhouse,

Since the Problem with DTS i tried everything in config.txt, in xbmc... Connect my rasp to tv or direct on DTS Master HD kompatibel Receiver... BUT every Movie with DTS HD Master oder DTS ES Dscr. ... Is not realy playing anymore...

It plays, then stops for about 2-3 sec, my receiver switches between DTS and PCM, then back to DTS, movie starts for in good case, 1-2 Minutes, then the same procedure again...

Only DTS Movies and DD Movies are played fine...

If disabled passthroug, the sound is PCM ... BUT the behaviour of DTS HD or ES is the same.

Any idea?

Thx in advance Wink

My DTS-HD movies not always jump forward or jump rewind (2 minutes jump). The movie stopped obn jump. Almost is the problem on start from movie.

I use the last MilhouseVH firmware.
(2014-02-14, 18:06)Koloss Wrote: My DTS-HD movies not always jump forward or jump rewind (2 minutes jump). The movie stopped obn jump. Almost is the problem on start from movie.

I use the last MilhouseVH firmware.

Need more information.
Has this worked in previous builds? What was the last one it worked in?
Using omxplayer?
DTS passthrough enabled?
Stop and return to menu? Just stall? Still responsive - can you seek again or stop? Does pause/pause make it work?
Passthrough is on! omxplayer.
The problem is old! I have send you a file(Dropbox) for a long time with the same problem.
The player stopped with a grey picture. I must click stop. When i started on the last position, i can jump in the movie.
New OpenELEC Gotham build: #0214
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.13.3 #1 PREEMPT Fri Feb 14 17:09:48 GMT 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Feb 12 2014 20:29:25
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 981c14ae8229477232a0349d9c3abbedbfa68d99 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20140214170631-r17714-gd8d9e0e

Based on tip of XBMC master (aa9c5a1, changelog) and tip of OpenELEC master (2376c15, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes newclock3 commits (except for ddcc72e which I've replaced with a static spinner)
  • Excludes the OpenELEC fernetmenta patches (due to conflict with newclock3)
  • "Show RSS Feed" default setting changed to disabled
  • Reverted ffmpeg commits in order to build XBMC master
Build Higlights:
  1. OpenELEC: New kernel version 3.13.3.

Additional Testing Notes:
  1. Testers should try adding the following entry to their advancedsettings.xml:
    Code:
    <advancedsettings>
      <video>
        <defaultplayer>dvdplayer</defaultplayer>
        <defaultdvdplayer>dvdplayer</defaultdvdplayer>
      </video>
    </advancedsettings>
    and report if it is better/worse than omxplayer. You can still play files with omxplayer using the context-menu "Play using... OMXPlayer".

2. The following settings are no longer required in config.txt and should be removed:
    Code:
    no_hdmi_resample=1
    hdmi_stream_channels=1
    no_resample_audio is now a default, and hdmi_stream_channels is switched based on audio content. For the time being when using passthrough, 2.0 speaker layout should continue to be used (you will still get 5.1 with AC3/DTS).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2014-02-14, 19:17)Koloss Wrote: Passthrough is on! omxplayer.
The problem is old! I have send you a file(Dropbox) for a long time with the same problem.
The player stopped with a grey picture. I must click stop. When i started on the last position, i can jump in the movie.

Does it work with passthrough disabled?
does "dts_whole_frames=1" in config.txt help?
Test with Version #214

config.txt
PHP Code:
# default GPU memory split (do not change if you do not know what you are doing)

gpu_mem=128

# SDRAM size based GPU memory split, uncomment and setup to override 'gpu_mem'

gpu_mem_256=100
  gpu_mem_512
=128 

dts_whole_frames=1 - has no effect

I analyse the problem :
Jump 2 minutes:

passthrought on:
1. jump - 2. the video stopped(i see the last position(picture) from the movie before jump) and the time jump - 3. jump and the 2.

passthrought off:
1. jump - 2. the video stopped(i see the last position(picture) from the movie before jump) and the time jump - 3. and the the movie running
I'd like to use the lastest Frodo version that has some of these benifits, where do I find that?

I don't want to move to Gotham yet, since it will involve me having two different mysql database versions.

If there are only new Gothams, then i'll consider one of those, but all I see in millhouses dir seems to be Gotham builds.

Thanks!
(2014-02-14, 23:38)00b5 Wrote: I'd like to use the lastest Frodo version that has some of these benifits, where do I find that?

I don't want to move to Gotham yet, since it will involve me having two different mysql database versions.

If there are only new Gothams, then i'll consider one of those, but all I see in millhouses dir seems to be Gotham builds.

Thanks!

Think this is the last of Rbej's builds.

Milhouse has already stated he is only doing Gotham builds, and development work on Frodo has now pretty much ended anyway.
Popcornmix,

did you do anything for the crackling?

I just tested the latest Milhouse release, I played one of the files that had crackling and now it seems to be fine.
Didn't test extensively, openelec froze so I will report more in the next days...

Code:
vcgencmd get_config no_hdmi_resample
no_hdmi_resample=1

thanks

m
Is there any way to have Milhouse build in a zipped file , ready to install to SDC thru windows ? Thanks
Hey everyone, I've been running an old rbej nightly, and it was working pretty good, but the wifi dongle I was using couldn't go fast enough for some of my bluray rips, so I got a new 300 MB/s one, but it's too new for that build -- no drivers. :-( Anywhoo, on to my problem... I installed the latest nightly, (OpenELEC-RPi.arm-devel-20140214170631-r17714-gd8d9e0e) and everything seems good, except that it's not reading my advancedsettings.xml -- when playing a movie, my cache stays right at 0 B -- anyone got any ideas where I should start to fix this issue.
Nevermind... I was using
<alwaysforcebuffer>1</alwaysforcebuffer>
instead of
<buffermode>1</buffermode>
Seems to work now... :-D

Thanks to everyone for your hard work! :-)
(2014-02-15, 02:25)maratonomak Wrote: Is there any way to have Milhouse build in a zipped file , ready to install to SDC thru windows ? Thanks

Eh? Are you asking for an SD card image - if so, just use an existing image (3.2.4, whatever) then upgrade it to the development build (extract the four target files from the tar file, and copy to the Update folder).

Once you're on Gotham, upgrading is as simple as copying the tar file to the Update folder and rebooting.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
  • 197(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 223