• 204(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2
@tfouto: My question how can i test feature in xbmc! I have see the build links before.

@Milhouse: I get it, but my question was what must i clicked in xbmc for execute this SQL Code.
(2014-02-18, 16:40)Koloss Wrote: @Milhouse: I get it, but my question was what must i clicked in xbmc for execute this SQL Code.

There's nothing to click in particular, as much of the standard GUI (and scrapers) doesn't use JSON for database updates, instead the GUI and scrapers access and update the database directly so don't suffer from performance problems.

However if you're using add-ons that update your database, such as Artwork Downloader, then such add-ons most likely are (or should be) using JSON. It's not recommended for addons to update the database directly, but using JSON to update a movie requires that the entire movie is deleted and re-added even when modifying just one field, this is very inefficient and slow. The patches in this build attempt to optimise movie database updates, potentially resulting in dramatic performance improvements.

I can't really tell you how you should test this, as you need to know which addon installed in your system has a performance problem due to JSON database updates, and then test it before/after. The only addon I know of that uses JSON to update the movie database is Artwork Downloader, but there are doubtless countless others, some of which you may have installed. (And I should add, that this build alone won't make Artwork Downloader performance anything like reasonable, as it has huge performance problems elsewhere even when not updating movies, but at least when it comes to update a movie it should perform much better than before).

Or there is the script in my signature, which has options to update the movie database, however if you're not really familiar with JSON and database updates it might be best to avoid the experimental build for the time being.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
One question?

Does openelec, still sets a default delay of 175ms for 23-24p material?

i have copied the file:

cp /usr/share/xbmc/system/advancedsettings.xml /storage/.xbmc/userdata/

and could not find these. I dont know if it's hardcoded or it's not applied any delay at all, by now.

Thanks
(2014-02-18, 23:49)tfouto Wrote: One question?

No. Why should it?
Dont copy the system default advancedsettings.xml file.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Hi MilhouseVH,
Hi popcornmix,

First I'd like to thank you both for all the great work you do.

Not to be rude at all, not to be a pain, I just would like to know;
Sometime, when I have time, I test the MilhouseVH builds and report here the results I get.
I noticed that few weeks ago, yesterday (post, 3011, 3017) and right now with build: #0217c I get a lot of "bugs" but nobody else seems to have the same.
So my questions are:
- Do I miss something, what could be my mistake to get a so buggy version (see posts 311, 317). Same issue with build : #0217c)
- As I didn't get any answer/questions from you, I conclude that this is not important. Not to be a pain in... but could you just tell me if you want my reports again or not.

Thanks again
Config, video/audio player:
3T HDD <USB> Odroid N2+ / CoreElec <HDMI> Denon AVR-2313 <HDMI> LG TV 55UF860V
                                          <nfs wired> Linksys WRT32X router <USB> 4T HDD
(2014-02-18, 23:52)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-02-18, 23:49)tfouto Wrote: One question?

No. Why should it?

Because at some point, Frodo or before it had this delay. I just wanted to be sure it doesn't now.

(2014-02-18, 23:52)MilhouseVH Wrote: Dont copy the system default advancedsettings.xml file.

If i want to change any parameter, cant i copy just to check it, or edit?
(2014-02-18, 23:54)MrNice Wrote: - As I didn't get any answer/questions from you, I conclude that this is not important. Not to be a pain in... but could you just tell me if you want my reports again or not.

Logs, media info and especially sample files are useful items when reporting payback problems, although sometimes problem reports just get overlooked particularly if there's not much to go on.

(2014-02-19, 00:00)tfouto Wrote: If i want to change any parameter, cant i copy just to check it, or edit?

Just as long as you don't duplicate the default settings that are in that file, as this usually leads to problems in future. If you really need an as.xml file, and most users do not, just create it from scratch and populate it with only the setting(s) you require.
@ MilhouseVH

Quote:For the time being when using passthrough, 2.0 speaker layout should continue to be used (you will still get 5.1 with AC3/DTS).
With passthrough and 2.0 my outputs are 2.0. To get 5.0 I need to set-up to 5.0.
Is it a bug or not?
Config, video/audio player:
3T HDD <USB> Odroid N2+ / CoreElec <HDMI> Denon AVR-2313 <HDMI> LG TV 55UF860V
                                          <nfs wired> Linksys WRT32X router <USB> 4T HDD
(2014-02-19, 00:46)MrNice Wrote:
Quote:For the time being when using passthrough, 2.0 speaker layout should continue to be used (you will still get 5.1 with AC3/DTS).
With passthrough and 2.0 my outputs are 2.0. To get 5.0 I need to set-up to 5.0.
Is it a bug or not?

Not sure if that information is still accurate - I keep adding it to the release notes until I'm told it's no longer required... One for popcornmix to answer/confirm, as with all the changes and fixes for audio in recent firmware the situation may have changed. I'm not connected to an amp so have no way to test audio settings beyond basic stereo.
(2014-02-19, 00:58)MilhouseVH Wrote:
Is it a bug or not?
Not sure if that information is still accurate - I keep adding it to the release notes until I'm told it's no longer required... One for popcornmix to answer/confirm, as with all the changes and fixes for audio in recent firmware the situation may have changed. I'm not connected to an amp so have no way to test audio settings beyond basic stereo.
I use passthrough, have set audio to 2.0 in accordance with the instructions and DO get 5.1 with (5.1) AC3 audio. Using recent builds.
Back again.

I posted a while back about how audio/video sync on live tv is drifting again after being sorted a long while ago?
My Pi is on 24/7, and I regularly leave live tv running overnight ( i just power down the tv/projector)
Everytime recently when I power up the tv in the morning, the audio/video sync on the channel left on overnight can be out by up to TEN seconds!!
As it used to be ( A long time ago.....Smile ) changing to another channel corrects the problem.

The last time I mentioned this, there seemed to be some confusion over whether I was using dvdplayer or omxplayer.
As I said, I don't have any advanced setting, and I believe the latest builds now default to omxplayer anyway.

Is anyone experiencing this problem? - or does everybody else switch off live tv before sleep?

Ho hum

Pootler
does anyone know what happened to the built-in scrobbler for lastfm?

I can't find it in the menu anymore.
(2014-02-19, 05:18)thomasthetomcat Wrote: does anyone know what happened to the built-in scrobbler for lastfm?

I can't find it in the menu anymore.

I am not sure if we are speaking of the same thing, but starting from the recent builds some of the built-in function do not register.

For instance in a script i made I call (via xbmc-send) for the update of the library and for the activation of the Movie window with XBMC.UpdateLibrary and XBMC.ActivateWindow but nothing happens.

Could someone tell me if there was a change in the syntax or if it is a know issue with the latest dev release?

Thanks a lot
M[/code]
Is it a bug or not?

No. With passthrough the speaker configuration is ignored. It is impossible for the Pi to affect the audio at all as it is being decoded by receiver.

If speaker configuration is having an effect you are not using passthrough.
  • 204(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 223