New OpenELEC Gotham build: #0220
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.13.4 #1 PREEMPT Thu Feb 20 22:34:19 GMT 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Feb 17 2014 21:35:01
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version f5c67bfc77e918b2c89a130bd2682dcab5903490 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20140220223315-r17767-gf3076f0

Based on tip of XBMC master (7d7eb81, changelog) and tip of OpenELEC master (f3076f0, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes newclock3 commits (except for 818a5c4 which I've replaced with a static spinner)
  • Excludes the OpenELEC fernetmenta patches (due to conflict with newclock3)
  • Default setting for "Show RSS Feed" changed to disabled
  • ALSA is enabled and any suitable hardware should be available in XBMC
Build Highlights:
  1. OpenELEC: New kernel v3.13.4
  2. OpenELEC: Several bavison/newclock3 patches accepted:
    • PR4234: Improved file buffering in CArchive
    • PR3760: Faster floating point rounding
    • PR4143: Cache font vertices, GPU-side when possible
    • PR3717: Add caching of infolabels
    • PR3677: Faster infobool expression evaluation
  3. XBMC: PR3883: bump GUI ABI to 5.0.0 due to recent skin core changes

Additional Testing Notes:
  1. Testers should try adding the following entry to their advancedsettings.xml:
    Code:
    <advancedsettings>
      <video>
        <defaultplayer>dvdplayer</defaultplayer>
        <defaultdvdplayer>dvdplayer</defaultdvdplayer>
      </video>
    </advancedsettings>
    and report if it is better/worse than omxplayer. You can still play files with omxplayer using the context-menu "Play using... OMXPlayer".

2. The following settings are no longer required in config.txt and should be removed:
    Code:
    no_hdmi_resample=1
    hdmi_stream_channels=1
    no_resample_audio is now a default, and hdmi_stream_channels is switched based on audio content. For the time being when using passthrough, 2.0 speaker layout should continue to be used (you will still get 5.1 with AC3/DTS).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2014-02-21, 01:04)MilhouseVH Wrote: New OpenELEC Gotham build: #0220
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.13.4 #1 PREEMPT Thu Feb 20 22:34:19 GMT 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Feb 17 2014 21:35:01
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version f5c67bfc77e918b2c89a130bd2682dcab5903490 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20140220223315-r17767-gf3076f0

Based on tip of XBMC master (7d7eb81, changelog) and tip of OpenELEC master (f3076f0, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes newclock3 commits (except for 818a5c4 which I've replaced with a static spinner)
  • Excludes the OpenELEC fernetmenta patches (due to conflict with newclock3)
  • Default setting for "Show RSS Feed" changed to disabled
  • ALSA is enabled and any suitable hardware should be available in XBMC
Build Highlights:
  1. OpenELEC: New kernel v3.13.4
  2. OpenELEC: Several bavison/newclock3 patches accepted:
    • PR4234: Improved file buffering in CArchive
    • PR3760: Faster floating point rounding
    • PR4143: Cache font vertices, GPU-side when possible
    • PR3717: Add caching of infolabels
    • PR3677: Faster infobool expression evaluation
  3. XBMC: PR3883: bump GUI ABI to 5.0.0 due to recent skin core changes

Additional Testing Notes:
  1. Testers should try adding the following entry to their advancedsettings.xml:
    Code:
    <advancedsettings>
      <video>
        <defaultplayer>dvdplayer</defaultplayer>
        <defaultdvdplayer>dvdplayer</defaultdvdplayer>
      </video>
    </advancedsettings>
    and report if it is better/worse than omxplayer. You can still play files with omxplayer using the context-menu "Play using... OMXPlayer".

2. The following settings are no longer required in config.txt and should be removed:
    Code:
    no_hdmi_resample=1
    hdmi_stream_channels=1
    no_resample_audio is now a default, and hdmi_stream_channels is switched based on audio content. For the time being when using passthrough, 2.0 speaker layout should continue to be used (you will still get 5.1 with AC3/DTS).

The site is giving:
500 - Internal server error.

Do you have any alternative download link, or possible waiting some time will solve this Wink
No alternative right now, let's wait for @delinend to fix the server - hopefully won't be long.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Hi

I'm testing Gotham builds (r17767 from today) on my RaspberryPi, and sudenly i can't install XBMC LCDproc 2.3.2 add-on anymore :-(
It say... "Dependencies not met. Please contakct Add-on author"

In the Add-on list, it says: "XBMC LCDproc incompatible"

Any ideas ? Is this the build, or the add-on thats fail ?

(2014-02-21, 14:30)MilhouseVH Wrote: No alternative right now, let's wait for @delinend to fix the server - hopefully won't be long.

Small virus attack today.. Sorry. Now solved.
(2014-02-21, 19:55)delinend Wrote: I'm testing Gotham builds (r17767 from today) on my RaspberryPi, and sudenly i can't install XBMC LCDproc 2.3.2 add-on anymore :-(
It say... "Dependencies not met. Please contakct Add-on author"

In the Add-on list, it says: "XBMC LCDproc incompatible"

Any ideas ? Is this the build, or the add-on thats fail ?
It's the addon, as it has a dependency on xbmc.gui 4.0.0 but the latest build now only offers backward compatibility starting with 5.0.0. The addon needs to be updated, or drop back to the previous build.

(2014-02-21, 19:55)delinend Wrote: Small virus attack today.. Sorry. Now solved.

Cheers!
Quote:OpenELEC: Several bavison/newclock3 patches accepted:
PR:4234: Improved file buffering in CArchive
PR:3760: Faster floating point rounding
PR:4143: Cache font vertices, GPU-side when possible
PR:3717: Add caching of infolabels
PR:3677: Faster infobool expression evaluation
Were any of these PRs NOT in the previous milhousevh builds?
One addition to OpenELEC that I forgot to mention with build #0219 is the addition of PR4235 which should improve SQLite performance by about 20% on a non-overclocked Raspberry Pi.

Since this PR is now in OpenELEC it will be present in all future builds (ie. #0220).

(2014-02-21, 23:16)allan87 Wrote:
Quote:OpenELEC: Several bavison/newclock3 patches accepted:
PR:4234: Improved file buffering in CArchive
PR:3760: Faster floating point rounding
PR:4143: Cache font vertices, GPU-side when possible
PR:3717: Add caching of infolabels
PR:3677: Faster infobool expression evaluation
Were any of these PRs NOT in the previous milhousevh builds?

With the possible exception of PR3677 they were all in the previous builds, coming from popcornmix's newclock3 repository/branch, but now these patches have been officially accepted into OpenELEC, where they may also benefit other platforms (x86 etc.). Obviously the newclock3 branch is no longer being used for these particular patches, but will continue to be used for the other patches that are yet to be accepted upstream. At some point the patches accepted into OpenELEC will hopefully be accepted by XBMC, and the patches dropped from OpenELEC.
The last build is really fast!

My tweak idea, can we delete the total duration time in movies and music?

Confluence skin.

For example: view fanart
The time calc and after the cover showing - 2 sec calc the total duration time

I missing the duration from movie in, view movie info 1 2 3

Dts-hd or true hd is my wish:
Sraue has say in gotham +1 the feature is coming with alsa support likely
Quote:The last build is really fast!

agree Blush
(2014-02-22, 00:32)Koloss Wrote: My tweak idea, can we delete the total duration time in movies and music?

Confluence skin.

For example: view fanart
The time calc and after the cover showing - 2 sec calc the total duration time

I missing the duration from movie in, view movie info 1 2 3

Don't think so, but that would be a core feature request (or maybe a skin request).

The other option is to ensure all of your NFOs have streamdetails when they are scraped, in which case accumulating the total duration is almost instant (is for me anyway).
This is another thing that should be disabled in the RPi.
I made a copy of confluence renamed it, edited the addon.xml and removed the label from includes.xml.
Its a pain seeing that counter building up every time even when there's no changes to library.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
There has been discussion about disabling Total Duration in the past:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=159334
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=155173

I'd like to see it as an option, mainly because if your database is fully populated with streamdetails it's rarely an issue, however given the usefulness of the total duration and the delays it can introduce, an option to disable would seems reasonable.
I have no .nfo files!
How do you populate the NFO with streamdetails?

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
(2014-02-22, 01:01)xbs08 Wrote: How do you populate the NFO with streamdetails?

Use a media management tool such as Ember or TinyMedia.

I'll try disabling the Total Duration in future builds, but if it makes a noticeable difference (improvement) you'll need to badger the powers that be (ie. xbmc developers) for a permanent change as it will only be in my build and thus won't last forever... nor will it be a perfect solution in my build, as it will be permanently disabled rather than being an option.
  • 207(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 223