• 213(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2
Also note that if you add the "quiet" option (without quotes) to the end of your line in cmdline.txt, you'll get a much less noisy and more pleasant boot sequence! Smile
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Im seeing some scrolling text on boot over OE splash even with "quiet" in cmdline.txt

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
Can you take a picture? What's your cmdline.txt? You should have no scrolling text with quiet unless you have an error during startup, or quiet isn't actually being applied...
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Here's the booting sequence video

Code:
boot=/dev/mmcblk0p1 disk=/dev/sda1 dwc_otg.fiq_enable=1 dwc_otg.fiq_fsm_enable=1 dwc_otg.fiq_fsm_mask=0x3 ssh quiet

PS. It's related to
Code:
dwc_otg.fiq_enable=1 dwc_otg.fiq_fsm_enable=1 dwc_otg.fiq_fsm_mask=0x3
if I remove it the boot sequence is normal.

PS2. SOLVED
There was a break in the line, probably from copy paste, now boot is normal, no text, and FSM enabled.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
(2014-02-28, 00:11)MilhouseVH Wrote: OK, I've created a clean build, and there is no difference:

Without hifiberry.conf:
Code:
rpi512:~ # lsmod | sort
Module                  Size  Used by
regmap_mmio             1921  1 snd_soc_bcm2708_i2s
snd_soc_bcm2708_i2s     5202  0
snd_soc_wm8731          9498  0
snd_soc_wm8804          6854  0

rpi512:~ # aplay -l
aplay: device_list:268: no soundcards found...

With hifiberry.conf:
Code:
rpi512:~ # cat .config/modules-load.d/hifiberry.conf
#snd_soc_bcm2708
snd_soc_bcm2708_i2s
bcm2708_dmaengine
snd_soc_pcm5102a
snd_soc_hifiberry_dac

rpi512:~ # lsmod | sort
Module                  Size  Used by
regmap_mmio             1921  1 snd_soc_bcm2708_i2s
snd_soc_bcm2708_i2s     5202  0
snd_soc_hifiberry_dac     1740  0
snd_soc_pcm5102a        1058  0
snd_soc_wm8731          9498  0
snd_soc_wm8804          6854  0

rpi512:~ # aplay -l
aplay: device_list:268: no soundcards found...

rpi512:~ # systemctl status systemd-modules-load.service
systemd-modules-load.service - Load Kernel Modules
   Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/systemd-modules-load.service; static)
   Active: active (exited) since Thu 1970-01-01 01:00:06 BST; 44 years 1 months ago
     Docs: man:systemd-modules-load.service(8)
           man:modules-load.d(5)
  Process: 118 ExecStart=/usr/lib/systemd/systemd-modules-load (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
Main PID: 118 (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
   CGroup: /system.slice/systemd-modules-load.service

Warning: Journal has been rotated since unit was started. Log output is incomplete or unavailable.

Note that systemd-modules-load.service will fail if snd_soc_bcm2708 is uncommented as this module can't be found.

Maybe Popcornmix can help out(He got it working once so maybe another Time Big Grin)?
I currently running the official 3.2.4 with USB install. How can i install the MilhouseVH build? Can i just copy files in Target folder to the Update folder on my Pi? or do I have to do from beginning, if so how?
(2014-02-28, 16:55)ichibanrhino Wrote: I currently running the official 3.2.4 with USB install. How can i install the MilhouseVH build? Can i just copy files in Target folder to the Update folder on my Pi? or do I have to do from beginning, if so how?

Just copy the 4 files from the target folder into the Update folder on the Pi. Once you're on a Gotham build you only need to copy the entire tar into the Update folder, no need to extract the 4 files yourself.
Hi milhouse,

I am really enjoying your build an appreciate the work but there is one little issue.
Since i installed your test build ( i had standard openelec 3.2.4 ) the subwoofer of my
2.1.sony ht-ct260h soundbar is doing nothing :\

Do you have any idea how i can make the subwoofer work with your build?

Oh btw. my pi is connected to my Philips TV via HDMI and the soundbar gets the sound
data via optical cable from the TV.

Thanks and Cheers

Thais
(2014-02-28, 18:23)thais666 Wrote: Since i installed your test build ( i had standard openelec 3.2.4 ) the subwoofer of my

Oh btw. my pi is connected to my Philips TV via HDMI and the soundbar gets the sound
(2014-02-27, 20:17)MilhouseVH Wrote: For the time being when using passthrough, 2.0 speaker layout should continue to be used (you will still get 5.1 with AC3/DTS).
(2014-02-28, 18:23)thais666 Wrote: I am really enjoying your build an appreciate the work but there is one little issue.
Since i installed your test build ( i had standard openelec 3.2.4 ) the subwoofer of my

Make sure speaker configuration is set to 2.0. Your setup won't support multichannel PCM.
You should enable DTS and AC3 passthrough (if your equipment supports them), then you will get subwoofer output.
Thanks for the feedback Smile

How do i enable DTS and ac3 passthrough? Did not find it in the options...

Cheers

Thais
(2014-02-28, 19:17)thais666 Wrote: How do i enable DTS and ac3 passthrough? Did not find it in the options...

In settings/system/audio output.
You may need to change the settings level to advanced or expert (the bottom entry of left hand list).
@popcornmix

Could you have a look on my posts
regarding the issue that I have change the screen resolution or play with OMXPlayer (but not every time) to get the sound
Config, video/audio player:
3T HDD <USB> Odroid N2+ / CoreElec <HDMI> Denon AVR-2313 <HDMI> LG TV 55UF860V
                                          <nfs wired> Linksys WRT32X router <USB> 4T HDD
(2014-02-28, 19:32)MrNice Wrote: Could you have a look on my posts
regarding the issue that I have change the screen resolution or play with OMXPlayer (but not every time) to get the sound

No ideas so far. I haven't seen this issue reported by anyone else. All you can do is try to gather more information.
Is this problem new? Did the Frodo stable work correctly? Did any previous gotham builds work?
Can you test with a different hdmi audio device? If that works reliably it rules out a problem with you Pi/install/settings.
Do any options in settings/system/audio and video make it work? i.e. forcing a different resolution, setting 2 channels etc?
Have you tried a different hdmi cable? config_hdmi_boost? Measured voltage?
  • 213(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 223