• 232(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2
(2014-03-11, 01:57)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-03-10, 23:18)ijsbeer79 Wrote: Running overclocked mode. Can test more tomorrow: what do you suggest: test with 'older' build or remove overclock?

Jonathan says the mask=2 contains most of the complicated code, so removing that bit is most likely to avoid the problem (but also avoid most of the benefit).
The mask=0 failure is more surprising.

Perhaps remove overclock, and check mask=0 case a few times. Try to confirm if it is consistently worse than mask=1 or mask=4 (I'd predict it to be the same).

Tried two times yesterday with setting 0: First run OK, second crashed.
Today: Updated to build 0312 (from this morning).
Removed overclock settings. First run failed....

But, looking to the cmdline.txt of others, mine seems to be different. So, hopefully, I do something completly wrong here:
My cmdline.txt:

boot=/dev/mmcblk0p1 disk=/dev/mmcblk0p2 quiet dwc_otg.fiq_fsm_enable=0
(2014-03-12, 22:30)ijsbeer79 Wrote: boot=/dev/mmcblk0p1 disk=/dev/mmcblk0p2 quiet dwc_otg.fiq_fsm_enable=0

Okay, that's not what most are testing. I'd remove that from command line and replace with:
dwc_otg.fiq_fsm_mask=0

If that works, then try changing to:
dwc_otg.fiq_fsm_mask=1
then:
dwc_otg.fiq_fsm_mask=2
then:
dwc_otg.fiq_fsm_mask=4

And report which ones work and fail.
I haven't tried these settings, never seen them actually.
Should we all try these instead of the ones below...

The ones most people in here have tried I think is:

This setting has 3 enable bits in. It would be interested to determine which bit causes the lockup. Can you (anyone who sees the lockup) try:

dwc_otg.fiq_fsm_enable=1
dwc_otg.fiq_fsm_enable=2
dwc_otg.fiq_fsm_enable=4
(2014-03-12, 13:44)MilhouseVH Wrote:
(2014-03-12, 11:56)Leopold Wrote: With the 10th March build rebooting the Pi from XBMC turns off the TV. Are there any CEC changes in the latest firmware that could cause this? It's never happened before.
Not that I'm aware of - still the same with 12March build? OpenELEC changed the way rebooting and power off is handled in the 10 March build, can you reproduce with stock master built after 10 March?

I've confirmed that this behaviour was introduced in the 11th March build and persists with the 12th March build. With the 8th March build I can reboot without the TV switching to standby. The TV is powered back on automatically when XBMC starts up so it's not really a problem at all.

(2014-03-12, 14:05)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-03-12, 11:56)Leopold Wrote: With the 10th March build rebooting the Pi from XBMC turns off the TV. Are there any CEC changes in the latest firmware that could cause this? It's never happened before.

I'm not aware of anything changing, although I believe this is the expected behaviour if not disabled in settings/system/input/peripherals/CEC.

With the latest builds I can stop the TV going to standby on reboot by changing "Devices to power off when stopping XBMC" to None, but that also stops the TV going to standby when I "Power off System" from the GUI, so it's not a good option for me.

I power the Pi with a USB Y cable connected to two USB ports on the TV. When I "Power off System" I want it to put the TV into standby. This cuts the power to the Pi when the USB ports stop providing power after a minute or so. When I power the TV back on it powers up the Pi as the USB power is restored.

This setup still works with the latest builds but now when I reboot to install a build, the TV temporarily switches to standby. It's not really a problem as the TV comes back on when XBMC starts. I just thought it was worth mentioning.
Leopold's Repository: Home of LibreELEC Dev Updater ...
(2014-03-12, 23:12)IntelSwe Wrote: I haven't tried these settings, never seen them actually.
Should we all try these instead of the ones below...

Let me check...
http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewto...28&t=70437

Openelec defines this as a default:
Code:
dwc_otg.fiq_enable=1 dwc_otg.fiq_fsm_enable=1 dwc_otg.fiq_fsm_mask=0x3

So, yes my initial quote was wrong and my recent quote was correct.

The mask contains 3 enable bits, so by changing the mask to 0, 1, 2, and 4, you test with fiq acceleration disabled, and with:
Bit 0: Accelerate non-periodic split transactions
Bit 1: Accelerate periodic split transactions
Bit 2: Accelerate high-speed isochronous transactions
(2014-03-12, 23:27)Leopold Wrote: With the latest builds I can stop the TV going to standby on reboot by changing "Devices to power off when stopping XBMC" to None, but that also stops the TV going to standby when I "Power off System" from the GUI, so it's not a good option for me.

Sounds like a side effect of https://github.com/OpenELEC/OpenELEC.tv/...06ec2029a6
You could create a github issue for openelec if you think the new behaviour is wrong.
Took it from here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1648931 , but will replace 'enable' with 'mask' ..... Sorry for mixing up...
New cmdline.txt:
boot=/dev/mmcblk0p1 disk=/dev/mmcblk0p2 quiet dwc_otg.fiq_fsm_mask=0

First testrun: OK. Second: failed. Will do some more testing tomorrow.

Aaaah, wrong again, reading your post above....
Will change it to
boot=/dev/mmcblk0p1 disk=/dev/mmcblk0p2 quiet dwc_otg.fiq_fsm_mask=0x0
and run again tomorrow.
So far it's looking good. With nothing in cmdline.txt I get lockups pretty fast but when I add "dwc_otg.fiq_fsm_mask=0x7" I haven't been able to crash the RPi.
I have been copying 9GB from PC to Rpi so far.
(2014-03-12, 04:36)MilhouseVH Wrote: [*]Memphiz iOS7 Airplay fixes resulting from this post - not guaranteed to work, purely experimental, but hopefully a step in the right direction.

Anyone tested airplay? The announcement may be better with this build (i.e. the video airplay symbol appears on iOS 7 device more reliably). Any difference?
(2014-03-13, 01:08)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-03-12, 04:36)MilhouseVH Wrote: [*]Memphiz iOS7 Airplay fixes resulting from this post - not guaranteed to work, purely experimental, but hopefully a step in the right direction.

Anyone tested airplay? The announcement may be better with this build (i.e. the video airplay symbol appears on iOS 7 device more reliably). Any difference?

I tested Airplay with ARD Mediathek app from my Ipad Air with 7.0.4 and it works!

With Amazon Instant Video/ aka Lovefilm.de , no success, but i think this is the app that doenst let it through airplay.

Other apps i test evtl tomorrow.

Cheers,
j.
(2014-03-13, 02:17)SSC_Jarod Wrote: With Amazon Instant Video/ aka Lovefilm.de , no success, but i think this is the app that doenst let it through airplay.

Yes, these will use DRM and have never been supported by xbmc.
Videos bought from iTunes are also not supported.
Stuff that is "free" is more likely to work.
Are there any plans to include ALSA support in the official OpenElec 4.0? I can't get an answer on the OpenElec forum. If not, then what is the intended outcome of all these "test builds" by Milhouse and popcornmix?
(2014-03-13, 08:36)spookybathtub Wrote: Are there any plans to include ALSA support in the official OpenElec 4.0? I can't get an answer on the OpenElec forum. If not, then what is the intended outcome of all these "test builds" by Milhouse and popcornmix?

Gotham has been in feature for a few months, so no, it won't be a part of official xbmc Gotham.
It is quite likely that OpenELEC will include some out-of-tree patches, which may include ALSA support if deemed stable.

The intended outcome of the "test builds" is testing. Without testing no major feature would ever get added.
Using the latest build. For some reason video stretch 16:9 doesn't work. Used to work in previous build. Thanks
(2014-03-12, 20:39)Koloss Wrote:
(2014-03-12, 11:46)miappa Wrote: Why are you adding it manually?
Don´t add it manually, enable the internal settings in XBMC and the file will be generated correctly (you can then edit it if you want).
Settings -> System -> Power saving -> Try to wake remote servers on access
I use this on 4 different platforms and it works quite well, even if the lookup adds a device that is not supported it will still work on all devices that does (with an error for the not working device).

I have no problem under Windows xbmc.

On Pi :
I have delete "wakeonlan.xml" file and then activate
Settings -> System -> Power saving -> Try to wake remote servers on Access

Test with IP:

Code:
OnJobComplete - Mac discovery failed for host '192.168.0.12'

My 2 PCs is installed Windows 8.1. I test with firewall disabled.

Same test with Pi, Gotham Beta 3.95.1 and same problem!
  • 232(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 223