• 235(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2
(2014-03-15, 10:31)MilhouseVH Wrote:
(2014-03-15, 10:24)soupboy Wrote: Just wondering what people are putting in their advancedsettings nowdays? I haven't updated to any of the newest builds for about 3-4 months but am currently running a Millhouse build from December with customized rbej settings.

Is readbufferfactor used anymore? What about dirtyregions?

Thanks in advance!

The only settings I suggest adding to advancedsettings.xml are included in each release note, and they're only there to help with testing of experimental features. Other than MySQL settings there is very little reason to even have an advancedsettings.xml file. The old rbej settings should not be used nowadays, so just remove them.

Thanks very much. Looking forward to testing your latest builds out. What changes are you expecting to see from usage of dvdplayer? Faster buffering, less stuttering, better audio etc? Just want to know what you want people to look out for?
(2014-03-15, 10:40)soupboy Wrote: Thanks very much. Looking forward to testing your latest builds out. What changes are you expecting to see from usage of dvdplayer? Faster buffering, less stuttering, better audio etc? Just want to know what you want people to look out for?

This is probably the best explanation:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1632211
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2014-03-15, 09:48)MilhouseVH Wrote: New OpenELEC Gotham build: #0315
Disabling all services (avahi zeroconf, crond etc.) in the OE Settings addon makes XBMC infinity-crash-loop.
(2014-03-15, 11:33)botribun Wrote: Disabling all services (avahi zeroconf, crond etc.) in the OE Settings addon makes XBMC infinity-crash-loop.

Can you reproduce in stock OE 4.0 Beta? If so, please open an issue on the OpenELEC github.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2014-03-15, 12:08)MilhouseVH Wrote:
(2014-03-15, 11:33)botribun Wrote: Disabling all services (avahi zeroconf, crond etc.) in the OE Settings addon makes XBMC infinity-crash-loop.

Can you reproduce in stock OE 4.0 Beta? If so, please open an issue on the OpenELEC github.

Yep this was a fresh install of OE (MilhouseVH latest), if is that what you mean with stock OE 4.0 Beta?
(2014-03-15, 12:28)botribun Wrote:
(2014-03-15, 12:08)MilhouseVH Wrote:

Yep this was a fresh install of OE (MilhouseVH latest), if is that what you mean with stock OE 4.0 Beta?

No, I mean the official build of OpenELEC 4.0 which doesn't have any of the additional patches present in the test builds covered by this thread.

If you are able to reproduce the problem in the official OE build then the issue should to be brought to the attention of the OpenELEC developers so that they can fix it. If you can't reproduce in the official build then it would suggest the problem is caused by one of the patches used in the test build, although in this case that would seem unlikely given the nature of the problem.
(2014-03-14, 19:43)marcavatar Wrote: POPCORNMIX Then I tried to load either version (20140312) who (20140311) and the result was the same, every time I loaded a video with audio passthrough did not load but it felt infinitely crackle then I'm back to full version (20140308) and everything is back in place. I do not understand the problem.

Any change with today's version?
Still no 88,2 kHz audio playback with OpenELEC-RPi.arm-Milhouse-20140315060244-r17928-g2bbee7c; more info at posts 3503 and 3506.
(2014-03-15, 15:56)606u Wrote: Still no 88,2 kHz audio playback with OpenELEC-RPi.arm-Milhouse-20140315060244-r17928-g2bbee7c; more info at posts 3503 and 3506.

Can you post a sample file. I've had audio playing up to 192kHz.
Can you also try playing with omxplayer? If that fails, then try with sample rate set to 48kHz in audio settings.
(2014-03-15, 15:58)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-03-15, 15:56)606u Wrote: Still no 88,2 kHz audio playback with OpenELEC-RPi.arm-Milhouse-20140315060244-r17928-g2bbee7c; more info at posts 3503 and 3506.

Can you post a sample file. I've had audio playing up to 192kHz.
Can you also try playing with omxplayer? If that fails, then try with sample rate set to 48kHz in audio settings.
Link to a sample file sent via PM. About Play using...:
  • PAPlayer: no sound heard, receiver shows as if no signal, timer increments,
  • DVDPlayer: same as above,
  • OMXPlayer: plays fine, receiver shows 48 kHz, there is no indication of audio resolution (number of bits) on the receiver.
Update: Seems like OMXPlayer resamples all high-resolution files to 48 kHz, including multi-channel ones (they remain multi-channel, tho). Ripped CDs are played at 44,1 kHz.
(2014-03-15, 16:47)606u Wrote:
  • PAPlayer: no sound heard, receiver shows as if no signal, timer increments,
  • DVDPlayer: same as above,
  • OMXPlayer: plays fine, receiver shows 48 kHz, there is no indication of audio resolution (number of bits) on the receiver.

Okay, don't have a tv that supports 88.2kHz here, but I've stepped through the code and found a bug that affects 88.2Khz and 176.4kHz audio (other frequencies okay)...
... okay just tried on the big TV and it is fixed. Fix will be in next firmware update.

Thanks for sample file.

Edit:
Firmware is updated.
(2014-03-15, 17:05)popcornmix Wrote: Okay, don't have a tv that supports 88.2kHz here, but I've stepped through the code and found a bug that affects 88.2Khz and 176.4kHz audio (other frequencies okay)...
... okay just tried on the big TV and it is fixed. Fix will be in next firmware update.

Thanks for sample file.

Edit:
Firmware is updated.
Glad of being of help. Can I get the new firmware somehow or should I wait for the next build?
@popcornmix, sometimes on some sd channels i don´t get smooth live tv playback anymore.

This is the different i see on a non smooth tvchannel (video stutters) fps is high and cpu almost 100%
https://www.dropbox.com/s/obollxzg5uf6zf...HDR%29.jpg

No stutter, fps is low and cpu is low
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ahqxbf3blpyzq5...0%2014.jpg

They are both sdtv and only happens in livetv playback, in recordings they play fine with low fps and low cpu
With OpenELEC-RPi.arm-Milhouse-20140315060244-r17928-g2bbee7c I walked thru my kids movies collection and find one file that doesn't start: here is xbmc.log and MediaInfo output.

Clarification about doesn't start: starting that movie causes "Working..." label to appear bottom right, after several second screen background behind movies list changes to something like dark grey wall, "Working..." label disappears and play icon, movie title and a clock stuck at "(00:00/)" to appear at bottom left. Movies list remains visible on the screen. Tested with DVDPlayer and OMXPlayer, log is from the former.
(2014-03-15, 18:08)606u Wrote: Glad of being of help. Can I get the new firmware somehow or should I wait for the next build?

Download these two files:
https://github.com/Hexxeh/rpi-firmware/r...tart_x.elf
https://github.com/Hexxeh/rpi-firmware/r...ixup_x.dat

rename to start.elf and fixup.dat and copy to FAT partition of sdcard (e.g. using windows sdcard reader).
  • 235(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 223