• 238(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2
(2014-03-16, 11:52)Larry_Lobster Wrote: How can I compile openelec with alsa support. Do you have a build job where I can take a look at your configuration?

Thanks

Code:
diff --git a/projects/RPi/options b/projects/RPi/options
index 6d8be84..9bef641 100644
--- a/projects/RPi/options
+++ b/projects/RPi/options
@@ -148,7 +148,7 @@
   XBMC_VIS_FISHBMC="no"

# build and install ALSA Audio support (yes / no)
-  ALSA_SUPPORT="no"
+  ALSA_SUPPORT="yes"

# build and install PulseAudio support (yes / no)
   PULSEAUDIO_SUPPORT="no"
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Do you mean this bug?
Quote: FIXED in future v13 Navigation sounds (clicks and such when you move around in the GUI) are not supported. Sound from music and videos are unaffected by this.

In my case when I have system sound (navigation sound), I have music as well.
When I don't have system sound, I don't have music.[/quote]
Config, video/audio player:
3T HDD <USB> Odroid N2+ / CoreElec <HDMI> Denon AVR-2313 <HDMI> LG TV 55UF860V
                                          <nfs wired> Linksys WRT32X router <USB> 4T HDD
(2014-03-16, 18:20)MrNice Wrote: Do you mean this bug?
Quote: FIXED in future v13 Navigation sounds (clicks and such when you move around in the GUI) are not supported. Sound from music and videos are unaffected by this.

No, I was pointing at this:
2.6 TV is not detected unless powered on first

In your case it's the receiver isn't detected when it's in standby. You need to extract the edid.dat when it's working and configure the pi to read the edid from the edid.dat file.
(2014-03-16, 16:54)MilhouseVH Wrote: Have you tried disabling FIQ FSM with either dwc_otg.fiq_fsm_mask=0x0 or dwc_otg.fiq_fsm_enable=0 to see if this is the reason for the freezes?
Okay I'll try that and report back.
(2014-03-16, 18:42)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-03-16, 18:20)MrNice Wrote: Do you mean this bug?

No, I was pointing at this:
2.6 TV is not detected unless powered on first

In your case it's the receiver isn't detected when it's in standby. You need to extract the edid.dat when it's working and configure the pi to read the edid from the edid.dat file.

Well done popcornmix, you got it.
I did the trick and I get system sound and music working at all full restart.
Unfortunately the first time I press a remote button, I have an infinity of fake press with the "TIC" navigation sound repeating. I have to press other button lot of time to stop it.
This behaviour happens few time (2-4). After the bug disappears and It's working well.

I did the test few times after hot reboot

I'd guess you know this issue and the remedy.
Config, video/audio player:
3T HDD <USB> Odroid N2+ / CoreElec <HDMI> Denon AVR-2313 <HDMI> LG TV 55UF860V
                                          <nfs wired> Linksys WRT32X router <USB> 4T HDD
(2014-03-16, 15:24)botribun Wrote:
(2014-03-16, 10:17)craigbeat Wrote: Not sure if it's just me, but every build (including the latest) eventually 'freezes' whilst watching TV. I always revert back to this build which works perfectly:
OpenELEC-RPi.arm-Milhouse-20140228213243-r17825-g1744311

It's every build after it that has the issue. Annoyingly, there is nothing in the logs that show what could be going on, so, in the first instance, does anyone else see this. Secondly, could there be something in the later builds that's hammering the CPU that could cause it to overheat? I've posted my overclock settings before, and I don't want to reduce any unless totally necessary.

Final thing, no matter what I do, DVD player does not work for HD live tv.

Any help appreciated, thanks.
Same here, random system freezes while watching mkv's.

Same here, because it's random, creating a log is very difficult (I have tried). To reproduce is difficult, also. Because it's not always happening. What I see is that it happens mostly somewhere after 45minutes. When it happens the cpu is dropped from 80-90% to 10%.
(2014-03-16, 21:31)wizzard72 Wrote: Same here, because it's random, creating a log is very difficult (I have tried). To reproduce is difficult, also. Because it's not always happening. What I see is that it happens mostly somewhere after 45minutes. When it happens the cpu is dropped from 80-90% to 10%.

(2014-03-16, 16:54)MilhouseVH Wrote: Have you tried disabling FIQ FSM with either dwc_otg.fiq_fsm_mask=0x0 or dwc_otg.fiq_fsm_enable=0 to see if this is the reason for the freezes?
updated to beta 3.95.2, xbmc stuck in bootloop. 3.95.1 was working. i'm new to the raspberry pi and openelec in general. i'm running storage from a USB stick, having changed the cmdline to

boot=/dev/mmcblk0p1 disk=/dev/sda1 ssh quiet

anyone have any ideas/fixes for the bootloop?

thanks!
(2014-03-16, 23:29)angrydingo Wrote: updated to beta 3.95.2, xbmc stuck in bootloop. 3.95.1 was working. i'm new to the raspberry pi and openelec in general. i'm running storage from a USB stick, having changed the cmdline to

boot=/dev/mmcblk0p1 disk=/dev/sda1 ssh quiet

anyone have any ideas/fixes for the bootloop?

thanks!

You probably want to post in this thread if you're having a problem with an official Beta build - this thread is for discussion of experimental builds and is busy enough without also trying to fix problems with official builds!
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2014-03-16, 08:01)Irisheyes Wrote: Thanks MilhouseVH, I'll go through your suggestions and report back.

Well, it looks like the N10 and N10 nano (which I have) require different drivers. The N10 nano needs rtl8192cu which is not (AFAIK) part of the stock or beta builds. RaspBMC picks it up straightaway though.

Back to the drawing board, compiling is beyond me...!

Thanks again Millhouse.
(2014-03-17, 07:51)Irisheyes Wrote:
(2014-03-16, 08:01)Irisheyes Wrote: Thanks MilhouseVH, I'll go through your suggestions and report back.

Well, it looks like the N10 and N10 nano (which I have) require different drivers. The N10 nano needs rtl8192cu which is not (AFAIK) part of the stock or beta builds. RaspBMC picks it up straightaway though.

Back to the drawing board, compiling is beyond me...!

Thanks again Millhouse.

You may want to open a new issue on the OpenELEC github in that case, as the rtl8192cu driver is supposed to be supported already.

List of supported firmware for RTL-based hardware here.
Since this build, http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1643581, videos have been playing at the wrong speed (about %25 too fast). LiveTV (tvheadend) plays mostly fine, but occasionally speeds up and slows down. I noticed an earlier post that suggested I disable, settings->video->acceleration->“Enable fixed latency playback mode” which fixed the problem. However, with this disabled, LiveTV has a slight but consistent stutter (lag / shudder / jerk) that occurs at a rate of about 110 times per min.
(2014-03-15, 20:15)606u Wrote: Seems like it's metadata related problem: after I cut 1st 10 minutes with mp4box, the result works just fine. When I add metadata with an up to date version of Subler (for Mac) it also works. Will try to trim and re-add metadata or to remux the movie. File is 1,5 Gbytes, will take awhile to upload it to Dropbox, but can do it, its not a problem.

With some help from Fernetmenta, we have a fix pushed to newclock3.
It affected (some) video files that also included jpegs.
(2014-03-16, 17:55)MilhouseVH Wrote:
(2014-03-16, 11:52)Larry_Lobster Wrote: How can I compile openelec with alsa support. Do you have a build job where I can take a look at your configuration?

Thanks

Code:
diff --git a/projects/RPi/options b/projects/RPi/options
index 6d8be84..9bef641 100644
--- a/projects/RPi/options
+++ b/projects/RPi/options
@@ -148,7 +148,7 @@
   XBMC_VIS_FISHBMC="no"

# build and install ALSA Audio support (yes / no)
-  ALSA_SUPPORT="no"
+  ALSA_SUPPORT="yes"

# build and install PulseAudio support (yes / no)
   PULSEAUDIO_SUPPORT="no"

Is it as simple as this to activate alsa (and external USB sound !!) on Openelec 4.0 beta??

Till now your build is the only one I found where my external soundcard (Terratec) works like a charm without any crackling or noise. Or are the other changes contributing to this great performance as well?

[For my project I try to get pycurl and RPi.GPIO working. Compilation on 4.0 beta works. But I don't know which way to go now - enable alsa (and this is my main interest) on the standard or are there ways to inject to code into your builds?
What I did already is to manually put the code into SYSTEM. Unfortunately the update (SYSTEM and SYSTEM.md5) does not work. Replacing the SYSTEM file on the sd-card is fine but then it refuses the root password via SSH. Strange. I have to dig into this but maybe someone has an explanation, and advise.]
I have this working. Learned that it just needs the kernel as well for an update. Big Grin
So I will stick on your builds with my little changes.

Thanks for your work
Can't download New OpenELEC Gotham build: #0315b Rolleyes
Server is down i think.
  • 238(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 223